White Heavyweight Champions?

Yesterday, i visited an old friend I hadn't seen in a few years. When Gerry Cooney was a contender, this man really rooted for him.

When I told him that 3 out of 4 heavyweight champions were white, he was shocked. Even though he follows sports (he's an avid foorball watcher), he didn't know about the Russians who have been winning heavyweight title fights.

I told him that up and coming heavyweights were white, as well. He said that he was going to start paying attention to boxing again. I also told him about this site. Most people don't know about the change in heavyweight boxing. For some reason, it is not a big story in the MSM.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
For some reason..
smiley36.gif

Good one, sport historian!
smiley2.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
I have an uncle who didn't know any of the champions were from the ex Soviet republics. It turned him for a loop too..
smiley36.gif
I still think the last major fight he saw was the Tyson bite fight and the last heavyweight fight he saw was when Tyson blew his knee out against Williams. I think he still thinks Mike can win the title. Thats the sad reality of the average sports fan when it comes to boxing.....
smiley11.gif
Edited by: white is right

In a discussion last week concerning the superirority of black atheletes I was aske" How long has it been since therre was a white heavy weight champ" When i said today I was called a liar.

Alpha Male

Mentor
I am asked that too. "Why aren't there any white guys in boxing?" said my uncle. The PC media is doing a hell of a job to bury this sport. What if the influx had been from Africa? Do you think there would still be lackluster coverage?
smiley2.gif
Edited by: Alpha Male

white is right

Hall of Famer
Alpha Male said:
I am asked that too. "Why aren't there any white guys in boxing?" said my uncle. The PC media is doing a hell of a job to bury this sport. What if the influx had been from Africa? Do you think there would still be lackluster coverage?
smiley2.gif
Are the "Russians" seen as white by the average Joe six pack type? Or are the seen as foreigners the same as Samuel Peter? I know Golota was accepted and got a bit of a white hope push in the late 90's (when he fought Bowe and Lewis). But the K brothers and Valuev have virtually no buzz....
smiley5.gif
Edited by: white is right

Weltner

Guru
It's hardly their fault.Thank our good old,Ministry of Truth,with their slimy,marxist hands in every area of the media,for keeping them in the dark.

j41181

Master
The KLITSCHKO BROTHERS have given something Heavyweight Boxing has been missing for the last 70 years (1936-2005, with exception to Ingemar Johansson in 1959-60), WHITE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONS. Gone are the GREAT WHITE HOPE DAYS, these are now the GREAT WHITE CHAMP DAYS. The AMERICAN MEDIA has been spoiled so much by the likes of ALI, TYSON, and even LENNOX LEWIS, that they now think heavyweight division is one BIG JOKE.

They fail and even refuse to recognize the class and greatness of the Klitschko Brothers. They are pretty much living the the PAST. The Klitschko Brothers are TRUE GREATS not only in boxing, but in all of sports. How often does one see boxers with DOCTORATE DEGREES?!?
I bet that if ALI could only TALK today about the Klitschko Brothers, even he would be SPEECHLESS. The Klitschko Brothers, TRUE BOXING HALL OF FAMERS. The WHITE ******S of the AMERICAN SPORTING MEDIA are a bunch of SCROOGES and DUMB ASSES. The HELL with their SECULAR BULLsh*tS!!!!

Again, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, and GOOD WILL TO ALL MEN (if there is any left in AMERICA) of all RACES and RELIGION. AMEN!!!!

I am not so sure the mainstream media ignore them because they are black . Kelly Pavlik gets a lot of attention. Since he has fought two fights in the US so does Calzahge.
Perhaps the brothers Klitschko would receive more US press if they fought in the US instead of Germany. A few years ago Vitali was interviewed by Fox News when he was fighting out of Los Angeles.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Weltner said:
It's hardly their fault.Thank our good old,Ministry of Truth,with their slimy,marxist hands in every area of the media,for keeping them in the dark.

That's correct. The Zionist-controlled media largely ignores the white champions.
smiley21.gif

Most people have never heard of Pavlik and Calzaghe. Although a few have heard the name "Klitschko", very few people know the two brothers are heavyweight champions at the same time, for the first time in history.

But everyone has heard of Kimbo Slice.
smiley6.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
What kills me is what would one of these midgets like Holyfield or Tyson do against some of these giants? I am talking about guys like the Klitschko or Valuev. They wouldn't be able to due anything and I mean Tyson or Holyfield in their prime. They are just too small.