White Defensive Backs 2010

TwentyTwo

Master
Some more DB's to keep an eye on for the 2010 season...

SS-Drew Frey (soph.)- Cincinnati...6'-3" 205...hard hitter & rangy reminds me Jon "The Natural" McGraw - KC Chiefs...hopefully he stays healthy!
cincinnativsouthflorida.jpg

SS - Tyler Luttrell (Sr.) - TCU...6'-1" 210
da005d9331005b4f905f502.jpg

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
<div>I wonder if Joel Schwenzfeier will get drafted. Fortunately this upcoming draft looks much better than the last in regards to white safeties. Tyler Sash is capable of being an immediate starter in the NFL.
</div>

Edited by: whiteathlete33

TwentyTwo

Master
This year's Safety position looks as if it's flipped with last season's WR's(where 6 got drafted/should have been at least 8 or 9)...thanks for the head's up on McElroy..he looks like an impact player with a future in the NFL with Sash...
Not sure on the exact #number of starting white CB's in D1-Football this year...but here's one...of courseracist NFLdraftScout.com in 2012list his #1 pos. SS&amp; #2 is CB...
smiley21.gif

CB Kevin Kroboth(jr.) - Temple...6'-0 192...Played in 11 games last season with nine starts at corner "¦ also played on the punt, kickoff, and kickoff return units
stockphotophiladelphias.jpg
Edited by: TwentyTwo

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
TwentyTwo said:
This year's Safety position looks as if it's flipped with last season's WR's(where 6 got drafted/should have been at least 8 or 9)...thanks for the head's up on McElroy..he looks like an impact player with a future in the NFL with Sash...
<div>Not sure on the exact #number of starting white CB's in D1-Football this year...but here's one...of courseracist NFLdraftScout.com in 2012list his #1 pos. SS&amp; #2 is CB...
smiley21.gif
</div>
<div></div>
<div>
<div></div>CB Kevin Kroboth(jr.) - Temple...6'-0 192...Played in 11 games last season with nine starts at corner "¦ also played on the punt, kickoff, and kickoff return units </div>
<div>
stockphotophiladelphias.jpg
</div>

Nice find TwentyTWo! It's surprising that Temple actually started a white corner. They are usually very black on both sides of the ball.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Max Hewitt 6'2 205lb SR. FS Northern Colorado
Max is ranked the 12th best FS in the country by nfldraftscout!! He has great size and speed, plus he plays in the Big Sky conference, one of the best in the FCS. His coach compares him to former Northern Colorado FS Reed Doughty.
42487_web_spt090609northcol015.jpg

Michael Rider 5'11 199 SR. Montana State
bee10fe6-c131-11de-b3e6-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

Conrad Kjerstad 6'0 195 SR. SS South Dakota State
NAYUEPIOFFNCZTX.20090821170949.JPG
I'll update w\an action shot ASAP !

James Vercammen 5'10205 SR. SS Dayton
3301276.jpeg

Check out his highlight tape http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EKML6aVRMg

Anthony Dimichele 5'9 184 SR. SS
Georgetown1.jpg

Zach Schrader 6'1 195 SR. SS Sacramento State

John Dempsey 6'0 215 SR. SS Villanova
Breaking down to try and stop Montana's Chase Reynolds
doc4b2c6a5b960e92518101312.jpg

Matt Johnson 6'1 205 Sr. SS Eastern Washington

09fbwaJohnsonMatt2189.jpg

Tommy Connors SE Louisiana 6'1 215 SR SS
He's been mentioned before, now this stud is entering his senior year!

connors-00235429png-93f54fbb2686675a_medium.png

Edited by: celticdb15

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
In conclusion, the FCS is loaded with talent at both safety positions! If you live close to any of these guys or happen to catch one of their games on TV, watch! It should be a fun year

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Andrew Rich 6'3 228 SS out of BYU!

100209s4b.jpg
Edited by: celticdb15

boing614

A super fast white cornerback has dissapeared from Texas Tech. Taylor Charbonnet. His older brother despite starting at racist Duke as a Freshman cb transferred to Texas Tech, Daniel Charbonett. I have known about Techs predjudice against white cbs for awhile but Taylor was to small to play safety like Daniel was moved to when he transferred. Does anybody know what happened to him? I cant find anything about this dissaperence. Whats crazy is last year Tech had Aaron Charbonett on their roster as a db. He is supposed to be the fastest of the 3 brothers yet he is not on this years roster either. I have been following the plight of the white cb for 20 years and this is the worst year there has ever been. Its nice to see a slight uptick in white rbs though it should be so much better as we all know. I miss Steve Gregory, Josh Golden and Eric Weddle. Its so unfortunate that the 2 best white cbs of the last 10 years ( Gregory and Weddle ) are relegated playing Safety for San Diego in the NFl. I saw Gregory play for Syracuse as a Freshman play against North Carolina and he broke up 6 passes that game. He broke up 19 that year. Would he really have broken up that many if he wasnt white? Stupid white on white racism.

boing614

Im sorry to have forgotten about Benji Powers and Arthur Jaffee. Powers plays cb for West Virginia and might make it to the 2 deep. Jaffee is listed on Colorados 2 deep but some publications have him as a safety. Gee whats new. White guys getting moved to safety. Matt Pridemore was a terrific white cb in high school What is he doing now? Playing backup wr for perrenial doormat, Duke. Grrr.

boing614

Also if some of you guys are looking for anything but black cornerbacks. Iowa has a reserve safety named Greg Castillo. Yes by his picture he is totally hispanic but at least he isint black. I have liked Iowa for a long time. In the early 90s they had a good cb by the name of Scott Plate. They also since then have used Matt Stockdale, SUPER FAST but played even faster then his 10.6 100 meter time Tim Dodge. They also had that kid from Nebraska high school whose name I forgot and another starting white cb named Joe Slattery. Utah up until Weddle played a lot of white cbs like David Roberts. Colorado State with Openeer and Justin Gilmore and in the mid 90s a pretty good cb in Brady Schneider.

boing614

I hate to say this but Joe Paterno is a race traitor. Drew Asterino is a very quick very agile defensive back. When he was being recruited every damn web site had him as a 4.4 cornerback. Of couse he goes to Pen State and poof he is a safety despite being very undersized. Penn State hasnt used a white cb since Derek Bochna fromm 1992. At least beside Graham Zuz and Brett Brackett they have a very tall 6' 4" receiver in Christian Kuntz who happens to run a 4.4 forty in the background.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
It looks like South Dakota State's Connor Kjerstad will have to retire because of a serious injury.
smiley19.gif
I know it will be tough for this talented athlete to have to retire from the game at such a young age, but I hope he knows that there is life after football. Most of our guys are smart guys and are well balanced athletically and academically, so I'm sure he'll be fine.http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/sports/article_893438fc-c3a4-11df-afab-001cc4c002e0.html

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
harrisonsmithtacklesgaffney.jpg

Notre Dame safety Harrison Smith tackles Stanford's Tyler Gaffney

iowasafetytylersashbreaksupapassfordanielifft.jpg

Iowa's ballhawk Tyler Sash breaks up a pass intended for Ball State wide receiverDaniel Ifft

andrewprestonbreaksupapassforericmoatsofutahstate.jpg

San Diego State safetyAndrew Preston knocks a pass away from Utah State wideout Eric Moats

johnboyettorgenosafetyintreturnfortd.jpg

Oregon safety John Boyett returns an interception for a touchdown

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Indiana's Mitchell Evans had 2 interceptions today in a win over Arkansas State.

and as i'm typing this, Texas' awesome safety Blake Gideon breaks up a pass from Nebraska's Martinez.he timed it beautifully, and outleaped the wideout to knock away the well-thrown ball.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Oregon's John Boyett had a big game last night in the Ducks' win. he had 6 solo tackles (7 total) and an interception.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
michaeloconnellintercepts.jpg

Michael O'Connell celebrates his interception

tylersashisabouttolightupanafflete.jpg

Tyler Sash prepares to light up an afflete. Sash's teammate Brett Greenwood had a pick in the game.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i don't know how much playing time SMU backup cornerback Chris Castro gets, but against UTEP tonight in the first half he made a beautiful pass break-up in the endzone that saved a touchdown . in addition to timing the pass perfectly, he really got off the ground.

Highlander

Mentor
Austin Cassidy, JR Safety, Nebraska, led the team with 12 tackles and an INT returned for a TD against Iowa State yesterday.

doc4cd62f6e1ff80292955881.jpg

Edited by: Highlander

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Craig Ray small school stud, University of Indianapolis.

The University of Indianapolis coaching staff moved Craig Ray from running back to safety after his freshman season. It might have been the best position switch in school history. The Plainfield High School graduate has been cleaning up on All-America honors this week.

Wednesday, Ray was one of 25 players named to the American Football Coaches Association's NCAA Division II All-America team -- UIndy's first selection since 2001 -- and was a second-team choice on the Daktronics All-America team, which is chosen by the College Sports Information Directors of America.

On Thursday, he was named to The Associated Press' Little All-America team, which honors the top players in NCAA Division II and III and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics.

"It's just real exciting," Ray said. "It's something I've been shooting for since I started playing college ball as a freshman. It's not only great representation for myself, but the University of Indianapolis as well."

Ray rushed for 227 yards on 57 carries in 2007, but UIndy had a good running back returning from injury in Craig Jenkins. It also had a need for a strong safety. The coaches figured the 6-1, 206-pound Ray would be a good fit.

"Athletically, he's a guy that could play both ways," said UIndy coach Bob Bartolomeo, who was the Greyhounds defensive coordinator at the time. "But we knew with the wear and tear and nature of the league we're in, it would be too much for him.

"He's a physical guy that can run and make plays. He covers so much ground that he makes up for mistakes that other guys make. He kept a lot of big plays from happening."

Ray said he welcomed the move to defense because it gave him the best chance to get in the starting lineup.

"Being a strong safety, I'm able to come up and help on the run a lot," he said. "A lot of my career, I've been a hybrid linebacker, so to speak. I come down in the box a lot to give us an eighth guy, but I also drop back into pass coverage."

Ray hopes NFL scouts noticed. He plans to attend pro days held at Division I schools and would like to get an invite to the NFL Scouting Combine in February. "I don't want to be one of those guys looking back when (he is) 30 and saying, 'What if?' and 'Why didn't I try it?' Ever since I was little, my dream has been to play in the NFL.''

http://athletics.uindy.edu/roster.aspx?rp_id=1257

snow

Mentor
celticdb15 said:
<div>Tommy Connors SE Louisiana 6'1 215 SR SS</div>
<div>He's been mentioned before, now this stud is entering his senior year!</div>
<div></div>
<div>
connors-00235429png-93f54fbb2686675a_medium.png
</div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
Tommy Connors is the real deal. Hope he doesn't get looked over by the NFL. He can do it all, coverage, run support and a great blitzer. Watched him against Tulane, they had him blitzing almost every single down. At one point he was triple teamed, and I saw him break through it to get pressure on the qb, sounds made up for a SS but it happened. Glad he was able to get an extra year after getting hurt early last season in the Ole Miss game. Some people around here have claimed he is part black but I have seen his parents when I have seen Southeastern play, he is white, talks white, acts white and considers himself white.

TOMMYCONNORSJD2150.JPG

that is him before he shaved his head
ranks 1st in team history for forced fumbles

2006 Second on the team and 12th in the SLC with 68 tackles ...
Also had three tackles for loss, three pass breakups, one forced fumble,
a fumble recovery and an interception .

2007 second in the Southland Conference with 75 tackles "¦ Also was fourth in
the SLC with a team-high nine tackles for loss "¦ Forced three fumbles,
recovered one fumble, made one interception and broke up four passes

in 2008 he led the team and ranked third in the SLC with 108 tackles (league-high
79 solo) "¦ Also led the conference with four interceptions "¦ Finished
the year with five tackles for loss, two sacks, two fumble recoveries, a
forced fumble, four pass breakups and two blocked kicks "¦ Started all
12 games and was credited with at least six tackles in every game

In 2010, Connors finished with 98 tackles, 10 passes defended and 10.5
tackles for loss. He also forced four fumbles, recovered three and
added three interceptions.

Edited by: snow

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
is Brett Greenwood going to get drafted?

Several sites I checked out have him as a borderline prospect to get drafted. He'll certainly get signed as a free agent, whether he sticks is up in the air.