White 1,000-Yard Receivers of the Past 20 Years

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
BUMP, as this got buried on the bottom of the last page. Sadly only 2 for 2023. The 20s so far is looking like a regression from the teens, which were a revival.

Legend:
(__) to indicate # of career thousand yard seasons
** and embolden to indicate leading NFL yards leader
# and embolden to indicate leading NFL receptions leader

1980 - Largent (3rd)
1981 - S. Watson (1st), Largent (4th), Dw. Clark (1st), P. Tilley (1st), Collinsworth (1st), J. Senser (1st): 6 total
1982 - Shortened season (Dw. Clark led NFL in receptions)
1983 - Christensen# (1st), T. Smith (1st), S. Watson (2nd), Collinsworth (2nd), Largent (5th): 5 total
1984 - S. Watson (3rd), Largent (6th), T. Smith (2nd), Christensen (2nd): 4 total
1985 - Largent** (7th), Collinsworth (3rd): 2 total
1986 - Christensen# (3rd), Collinsworth (4th), Largent (8th), Bavaro (1st): 4 total
1987 - None
1988 - None
1989 - None

1990 - None
1991 - None
1992 - None
1993 - None
1994 - None
1995 – None
1996 – None
1997 – None
1998 – Chrebet (1st), E. McCaffrey (1st): 2 total
1999 - Jeffers (1st), Schroeder (1st), E. McCaffrey (2nd): 3 total

2000 – E. McCaffrey (3rd)
2001 – None
2002 – None
2003 – None
2004 – Bennett (1st), Stokley (1st): 2 total
2005 – None
2006 – Furrey (1st)
2007 – Welker# (1st), Witten (1st), Curtis (1st): 3 total
2008 – Welker (2nd)
2009 – Welker# (3rd), Da. Clark (1st), Witten (2nd): 3 total

2010 – Witten (3rd)
2011 – Welker# (4th), Gronkowski (1st), Nelson (1st): 3 total
2012 – Welker (5th), Hartline (1st), Decker (1st), Witten (4th): 4 total
2013 – Nelson (2nd), Decker (2nd), Edelman (1st), Hartline (2nd): 4 total
2014 – Nelson (3rd), Gronkowski (2nd), Olsen (1st): 3 total
2015 – Gronkowski (3rd), Olsen (2nd), Decker (3rd), Barnidge (1st): 4 total
2016 - Olsen (3rd), Kelce (1st), Edelman (2nd), Nelson (4th): 4 total
2017 - Gronkowski (4th), Kelce (2nd), Thielen (1st): 3 total
2018 - Thielen (2nd), Kelce (3rd), Kittle (1st), Ertz (1st): 4 total
2019 - Kelce (4th), Kupp (1st), Edelman (3rd), Kittle (2nd), C. McCaffrey (1st): 5 total

2020 - Kelce (5th)
2021 - Kupp**# (2nd), Andrews (1st), Kelce (6th), Renfrow (1st): 4 total
2022 - Kelce (7th)
2023 - Kittle (3rd), Thielen (3rd): 2 total

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kelce just missed and looked washed up the last part of the season, and I'll bet this is the last time we'll see Thielen on the list. Kupp really struggled this year due to the cumulative effect of injuries. Kittle isn't a given with the other talented targets on SF.

Tight end will remain a bright spot but wide receiver looks to be on the verge of a prolonged drought ala 1987-'97. Hopefully Kupp can bounce back and have a few more good years, but after him? Maybe Alec Pierce will eventually be used as something other than a decoy. It's a joke that Michael Pittman can have 100+ catches, and likely soon Josh Downs, while Pierce is almost completely ignored.

Justin Watson is another decoy. I'll be very surprised if he's ever used more than he's been the past two seasons.

So who else is there? Maybe Charlie Jones if he replaces Tyler Boyd and can stay healthy. But otherwise the position is looking very bleak with few if any bright spots.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
My hope is that both Ricky Pearsall and Luke McCaffrey will be drafted in the middle to later rounds and cement a roster spot. Both
of these young receivers have what it takes to succeed on Sundays. Of course we have to hope they aren't screwed over like Andy Isabella
and countless others.

Rocky B

Master
My hope is that both Ricky Pearsall and Luke McCaffrey will be drafted in the middle to later rounds and cement a roster spot. Both
of these young receivers have what it takes to succeed on Sundays. Of course we have to hope they aren't screwed over like Andy Isabella
and countless others.
And Ladd...Ladd and Ricky are projected day two picks.
I haven’t seen Luke anywhere. Someone will grab him. How could you not?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
WR does seem bleak in the present but TE is as strong as ever. So while only 2 guys this year isn’t great, it could have easily been 5. Kelce if he plays week 18. Hockenson and Andrews would have both hit the mark too if not for injury. Even if Kelce is done as an elite guy, Hock, Andrews, Kittle, LaPorta and maybe McBride and Kincaid should be a threat to get there each season for years to come. Not to mention Brock Bowser should be a Gronk-like beast.

Warhawk_46

Master
WR does seem bleak in the present but TE is as strong as ever. So while only 2 guys this year isn’t great, it could have easily been 5. Kelce if he plays week 18. Hockenson and Andrews would have both hit the mark too if not for injury. Even if Kelce is done as an elite guy, Hock, Andrews, Kittle, LaPorta and maybe McBride and Kincaid should be a threat to get there each season for years to come. Not to mention Brock Bowser should be a Gronk-like beast.
And to be honest, Kelce is a tight end in name only. He plays as a receiver and never saw a block he liked. Some of our TE’s are truly receivers and just made to put 15-30 LB on the frame.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And to be honest, Kelce is a tight end in name only. He plays as a receiver and never saw a block he liked. Some of our TE’s are truly receivers and just made to put 15-30 LB on the frame.
So what? That goes back to Shannon Sharpe and other black tight ends, why shouldn't a great receiver be used that way.

Warhawk_46

Master
So what? That goes back to Shannon Sharpe and other black tight ends, why shouldn't a great receiver be used that way.
Don, it’s not a negative. What I am saying is that even though they are labeled as tight ends, they are receivers in reality. So our guys have shown DWF and media that they have never stopped being able to play receiver in the league. The racism from the top down requires our receivers to out on a few pounds and get a in-name-only position switch.

Rocky B

Master
Jacob Hester, put on 15 pounds and play fullback.
Brock Bowers, line up on the end of the line.
Etc.

Warhawk_46

Master
Jacob Hester, put on 15 pounds and play fullback.
Brock Bowers, line up on the end of the line.
Etc.
And Hester had just led LSU to a national championship after rushing for over 1,100 yard against vaunted SEC defenses littered with NFL-talent defenders… and yet Hester was suddenly not talented enough to run over those same defenders on Sundays. Unfortunately his talent takes Sundays off.

But I digress, as I wanted to highlight a great receiver at Stanford who was asked to play TE, the “move” TE position in the NFL which is caste-speak for big, tall white wide receiver playing the racially appropriate “tight end” position.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
And Hester had just led LSU to a national championship after rushing for over 1,100 yard against vaunted SEC defenses littered with NFL-talent defenders… and yet Hester was suddenly not talented enough to run over those same defenders on Sundays. Unfortunately his talent takes Sundays off.

I couldn't agree more with both of you guys. Hester was amazing and really deserved to carry the rock on Sundays!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don, it’s not a negative. What I am saying is that even though they are labeled as tight ends, they are receivers in reality. So our guys have shown DWF and media that they have never stopped being able to play receiver in the league. The racism from the top down requires our receivers to out on a few pounds and get a in-name-only position switch.
The way you phrased it ("never saw a block he liked") it came across as a gratuitous dig when I read it, but otherwise I of course agree and have been saying so for many years. The White success at tight end is obviously duplicable at WR but most DWFs are too dumbed down and indoctrinated to think about the obvious. Calling something a "speed position" automatically excludes Whites in Clown World America.

wile

Master
Matt Jones, I read a blurb here about some idiot donut boy coach told him to bulk up to play TE, Matt to his credit said why would I do that.

To further illustrate your point, think of how often we see them line up or get motioned out wide and succeed there. These guys are tremendous athletes in space even with that extra 15-30 lbs. on their frames. We all know that if Kelce dropped some weight and lined up as a wideout he wouldn't just embarrass defenders, he'd humiliate them.
Matt Jones, I read a blurb here about some idiot donut boy coach told him to bulk up to play TE, Matt to his credit said why would I do that.
He phrased it in an intelligent way, too. Speed is his greatest asset, so why should he bulk up and lose it? Doesn't make any sense to a logical person, but the system and its adherents are obviously not logical.

Warhawk_46

Master
To further illustrate your point, think of how often we see them line up or get motioned out wide and succeed there. These guys are tremendous athletes in space even with that extra 15-30 lbs. on their frames. We all know that if Kelce dropped some weight and lined up as a wideout he wouldn't just embarrass defenders, he'd humiliate them.

He phrased it in an intelligent way, too. Speed is his greatest asset, so why should he bulk up and lose it? Doesn't make any sense to a logical person, but the system and its adherents are obviously not logical.
More guys need to take the Matt Jones approach and, essentially, mock the coaches that ask them to switch to an illogical position based on no more than ingrained prejudices they have.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
More guys need to take the Matt Jones approach and, essentially, mock the coaches that ask them to switch to an illogical position based on no more than ingrained prejudices they have.
The nfl is not a long passing league any longer which actually helps tight ends out a bit I think. Like try to imagine Dan Marino throwing to tight ends? In my memory of it he was way more likely to air it out.

I don’t know what it would take for Andy Isabella to get a legit chance at being an outside receiver, except a great relationship with his quarterback.

As for Matt jones you have to admire his ability and his balls to tell the fat coach off. Unfortunately didn’t work out well for him.

Snow Plow

Guru
As mentioned, only 2, but could have easily been more. Otton slips into the top 100 on the last day.

On the lighter side, last but not least is our man, TE David Wells, of the Bucs with 2 unfortunate catches for -10 yards.

Kittle: 1,020
Thielen: 1,014
Kelce: 984
Hockenson: 960 (injured)
LaPorta: 889
McBride: 825
Kupp: 737 (only 12 games played)
Ferguson: 761
Kmet: 719
Conklin: 621
Schultz: 635
Kincaid: 673