Where have all the Boers gone?

Maple Leaf

Mentor
For all those concerned, it is fascinating to discover why South Africa was destroyed by her allies in the first world. Forget international pressure based on morals and conscience: that is the stuff for high schools, public colleges, and finks. The real reason is South Africans, people of dutch descent, had ridded themselves of the monarchy. After that, the royal family went berserk and organized an international embargo against South Africa in the name of racial injustice. It worked, as you all know, and the country is now completely lost to the people that built her. Within five years after Nelson Mandela became president, the country voted to return to the commonwealth and restore the monarchy as the titulary of the country.

South Africa once had a vast white majority in her population. Illegal migrants, much like what the United States is experiencing from the southern border, poured in unchecked year after year. Big corporations wanted the penny labour and they got it. Later whites became the minority as international pressure would scarely allow South Africans to stop the illegal waves stealing through the borders. Upon the arrival of Black African control, millions more made their way in. Whites were doomed. Now one wonders why anyone white would stay in a place they are so detested.

devans

Mentor
South Africa became a republic when the Verwoerd government declared South Africa a republic on May 31, 1961, after a winning a referendum on the topic. South Africa then had to apply to remain a member of the Commonwealth.

Commonwealth leaders including Diefenbaker of CANADA used the conference to denounce apartheid and uphold racial equality as a cardinal principal of the Commonwealth. In response to Commonwealth criticism of apartheid, South Africa withdrew its application.

On 7 August 1963 the United Nations Security Council passed Resolution 181 calling for a voluntary arms embargo against South Africa.

In 1971, the UN General Assembly formally denounced the institution of homelands, and a motion was passed in 1974 to eject South Africa from the UN, but this was discarded by France, BRITAIN and the United States of America, all of them key trade associates of South Africa.

Since then sanctions were argued frequently within the UN, but South Africa's major trading partners including BRITAIN voted against mandatory sanctions.

An embargo limited to Arms sales was finally passed by the UN in 1977. How you can attribute this, or any other sanctions, to the work of the British Royal family, because "they went berserk", is beyond me.

I would be very interested to know at what point in it's history South Africa had a "vast white majority". Dates and rough figures.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Devans, your dedicated school-boy history lesson is not worth a tinker's curse. South Africa was tolerated internationally up until they left the British Commonwealth. Check your own sources. Once they left, the sky fell on them and international pressure was exerted under the guise of moral platitudes, while the real reasons were concealed: as most major events in history.

devans

Mentor
It is a sad day when facts are not worth a tinkers curse. I trade in facts.
Sorry if I come across too dedicated to historical events, or too school-boyish. Will try to make some stuff up in any future debates with you. That might be more to your liking.
Still waiting for the approximate date of, and the proportion of, the vast white majority. Will check again in another 18 months.

Menelik

Mentor
devans said:
It is a sad day when facts are not worth a tinkers curse. I trade in facts.
Sorry if I come across too dedicated to historical events, or too school-boyish. Will try to make some stuff up in any future debates with you. That might be more to your liking.
Still waiting for the approximate date of, and the proportion of, the vast white majority. Will check again in another 18 months.

smiley36.gif