When was the last time?

backrow

Hall of Famer
foreverfree said:
Maple Leaf said:
Lunsden:

Le nom "Gastineau", es-ce ça dit quelque chose? Moi, je me souviens ces danses bizarres en plein milieu du champs. Celles-la ont provoquait le bureau de la league de les interdires. Ces même types de gestes sont devenu la norme aujourd'hui avec les noires. Quel justice. La league n'a jamais aimer un blanc qu'avait l'air confident et poseur!

Would you mind translating, please, Mr. Leaf? I am not fluent in French (or Ukrainian, although that is my ancestral home on my dad's side).
smiley9.gif

John

"does a name "Gastineau" ring a bell? i still remember his weird on field celebrations which became prohibited by the league. same type of things that became the norm with blacks today. some kind of justice. the league will never cherish a confident, cocky white guy."

should be close enough.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Backrow: I was away. That's pretty close except I said the league HAS never liked a white show-off. Who knows what the future holds for us?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Gastineau crossed the players' union picket line during the 1987 strike, as did many players.  But Gastineau's car was spat on by his own "teammates."  I still remember the raw hate directed toward him during the strike, and during his career as one of the all-time great pass rushers. He dared to dominate, and with an unabashed style, when the template for a defensive lineman had already been successfully changed for some time in the popular mind from that of a white man to a black.  <!-- Message ''"" -->

Great post.

I expect the Jared Allen hate to be ratcheted up.

That's the only weapon they have. Because they can't erase him, disappear him, or otherwise make him go away.

The lion is already out of the Caste cage, so to speak. His greatness is on video, and we must save those video's!