What is your favorite soft drink?

emt1

Guru
Just a mindless post, name your favorite soft drink. I like rootbeer, Dad's rootbeer is the best
smiley20.gif

It used to be Dr. Pepper. But I haven't drank soda since grade school, as it is incredibly harsh on your system. Even diet soda is rough on the body because of all the aspartame, which has been known to cause cancer.
If you train as mich as I do, you really watch what goes into your body, as certain things can hurl your performance backwards. Soda, ay least in my opinion, is a strength killer because it dehydrates muscle tissue. If I go out to eat, I'll just order a bottled water or unsweetened iced tea. I know, I'm anal, but I can't help it.
smiley36.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm boring,I like Coke.I will drink Pepsi,Rootbeer and other sodas however.I admit that I'm hooked and it is so hard to give up soda.

devans

Mentor
emt1 said:
Just a mindless post, name your favorite soft drink. I like rootbeer, Dad's rootbeer is the best
smiley20.gif

Emt1. How old are you?

When I was a kid, I always liked the cherry Coke they made at the
drugstore, with the syrup added right there.

In college I got a little excited by the unlimited Mtn. Dew in the cafeteria
... and soon had my first cavity.

Now, I drink water, and wine (only from Michigan vinyards, as I'm a
patriot).

Sean Carlisle said:
Me too. What's so bad about a t shirt that implies Abraham Lincoln was drunk when he signed the Emancipation Proclomation ?

Come on Sean, you should know this joke...

Q: What did Lincoln say after waking up after a three-day drinking binge?

A: I freed WHO??!!
smiley36.gif

Right and I wanted to get a t shirt made with a picture of Abe with blood shot eyes and messed up hair waking up with empty beer cans and whisky bottles scatterred around his bed. I wanted to have a caption above his head stating: "I freed who." I need someone to draw the picture for me so I can make a silk screen to make the t shirt.

Sean Carlisle said:
Right and I wanted to get a t shirt made with a picture of Abe with blood shot eyes and messed up hair waking up with empty beer cans and whisky bottles scatterred around his bed. I wanted to have a caption above his head stating: "I freed who." I need someone to draw the picture for me so I can make a silk screen to make the t shirt.

Lol. Thats priceless. I'd sketch it myself, but I don't draw very well. I'm sure there are some guys on this site who are more than capable of doing so. Start asking around, someones probably up for it.

While we're on the topic of Lincoln, I remember a "Family Guy" episode where Peter found some pictures of ex-presidents in a whorehouse with prostitutes. The pic of Lincoln he showed was of him in bed with two black girls. Peter's like, "Yup, Lincoln liked the whores". Hysterical.
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
don't really drink soft drinks anymore. used to be dr Pepper, now i like Appletiser (apple juice, mildly carbonated)

Hockaday

Guru
GreatLakeState said:
When I was a kid, I always liked the cherry Coke they made at the
drugstore, with the syrup added right there.

That's a real cherry coke. The only way to go. The burger stand in the small town I grew up in made those. I can remember getting a small one for a dime. There's a burger joint in my current town, the only one that isn't a chain, that makes them. Gotta get by there and get one soon.

Also, coke in the old bottles, from a machine that you pulled the bottle from. Plastic bottles and cans just don't do a coke justice.

KG2422 said:
Coke. I'm addicted unfortunately.

Lol...I'd re-phrase that statement if I were you. Wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. ::sniff sniff::
smiley36.gif

j/k