What’s the word on white decathletes?

Bronk

Mentor
Olympic time again and I was wondering what you track and field afficionados can tell me about the white decathletes that will be competing this year. Any from the USA or the UK?

As a kid my dad turned me onto Bob Mathias, who was a hero of his and I read about him. In 1976 I was captured by Bruce Jenner's performance.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Roman Sebrele is the worlds best decathlete and this will be his final olympics as he is alot older now. He has most of the records and was actually voted the worlds greatest athlete in a recent poll.

Trey Hardee of the United States is the future of the event in my opinion. He is a incredible all around athlete and has even run a p.b. in the 100 of 10.28 seconds. I almost wonder if he would just focus on the sprints, if he couldn't become the next Shirvo. Most of the guys that dominate the decathalon now and in the past have been white men.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I don't even know why they even bother to do a poll like that. Whoever the reigning decathlete champion is in any year should automatically be called the world's greatest athlete. Didn't Bruce Jenner walk around with that media bestowed title for several years? It would be nice to see Seberle or maybe the American Trey Hardee someday on a Wheaties cereal box.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The best White decathletes are probably Pappas, Hardee and a few Russian/ White Asian guys. Karpov is the best of the bunch.

guest301

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
The best White decathletes are probably Pappas, Hardee and a few Russian/ White Asian guys. Karpov is the best of the bunch.

Besides Seberle, right.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes of course.......
smiley2.gif