Weston Dressler live on NFL network

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
JReb1 said:
Crouch got screwed no doubt. Crouch was extremely popular too, similar to Tebow's popularity which is why the system destroyed him like they're still trying to do with Tim. Crouch had the potential to be a great QB (a much better and smarter version of Vick) or RB which was unacceptable toe the system. Crouch HAD to be a slot WR or FS to play and his being adamant about playing QB did him in IMHO.

Crouch was a much better athlete than Tebow and a much better overall quarterback. If Tebow plays qb in the NFL there is no reason Crouch shouldn't have.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wa33 I think you maybe exaggerating a bit. Crouch was around 6'0 and 200 lbs and was a great athlete. He was more agile and had better long speed than Tebow. Tebow however is built like a bull(6'3 235)and displayed great explosion at the combine to go along with solid speed. I'd probably give Tebow the better arm out of the two as well. Also I get the impression Crouch was somewhat immature(his freshman year at Nebraska he almost quit b\c he wasn't starting)

I think Crouch probably should have realized that if he was going to play in the NFL it would be at another position. When the St Louis Rams drafted him he should have embraced the opportunity to be coached by Mike Martz at the wideout position. He could have been a household name by now and another talented white wr in the slot. As a running QB Eric Crouch was one of my favorite players to watch, I just don't agree he had what it takes to play QB in the NFL..

JReb1

Mentor
Crouch is still young enough (31) that he could (IMHO) be as good in the slot as Welker and Eric could also be effectively used in the Wildcat formation if given a chance. I was hoping the CFL would let Crouch start and he could show his skills at QB so some NFL team would give him a chance to play QB in the NFL like they finally did with Doug Flutie when he was almost 40.

JReb1

Mentor
Tebow is a better short yardage runner (and will be used often QB sneaking for Denver) than Crouch and he also has better size for a QB, arm strength and accuracy. Not that Crouch isn't accurate or strong armed though, Eric had more than enough of both to deserve an opportunity to play QB in the NFL. Crouch was better than Campell, Jackson, Brooks, King etc. I believe Crouch would've been a better version of Vick if the Caste system didn't exist.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Exactly my point. He would have been a guy who could rush just as good or better than Vick with better overall qb skills. Vick is only 6'0 as well and Seneca Wallace is 5'11 and both of them are playing qb.

whiteathlete33 said:
Exactly my point.  He would have been a guy who could rush just as good or better than Vick with better overall qb skills.  Vick is only 6'0 as well and Seneca Wallace is 5'11 and both of them are playing qb.
Only black athletes are allowed to be "undersized" in sports. Wes Welker is truly a miracle story. He is one of the only undersized white skill position players to excel in the NFL out of millions of fish in the sea. And he had to overcome so much adversity and continually prove his worth again and again more than his black counterparts.

Practically all of them get the Weston Dressler or Nate Kmic treatment if they are lucky enough to star in the NCAA. That is if they are fortunate enough to not have been filtered out long before then.Edited by: TorontoArgos

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
TorontoArgos said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Exactly my point. He would have been a guy who could rush just as good or better than Vick with better overall qb skills. Vick is only 6'0 as well and Seneca Wallace is 5'11 and both of them are playing qb.

Only black athletes are allowed to be "undersized" in sports. Wes Welker is truly a miracle story. He is one of the only undersized white skill position players to excel in the NFL out of millions of fish in the sea. And he had to overcome so much adversity and continually prove his worth again and again more than his black counterparts.

Practically all of them get the Weston Dressler or Nate Kmic treatment if they are lucky enough to star in the NCAA. That is if they are fortunate enough to not have been filtered out long before then.

Vick was given opportunity after opportunity even though he was a poor qb. He was permitted to start for years despite subpar skills and poor leadership because of his correct pigmentation. Crouch or Frost would never be allowed to perform that poorly and still remain starters.

JReb1

Mentor
Doug Flutie had better passing numbers than Vick in the 2 seasons he got the most starts of his NFL career at nearly 40. Doug was only 5'10 I believe but he could roll out and make great plays with his rocket, accurate arm and his feet (as good as Vick or Crouch IMO) if there wasn't an open WR. It's beyond me why he never got a legitimate shot in the NFL or from the Bills when he played MUCH better than Rob Johnson. Futie was everything you could want in a scrambling QB...

Weston Dressler and the Roughriders are on the NFL Network again today at 6:30 PM ET!!!!

Take notice, this is their last game on NFL Network until September 17th. And Last CFL game in general on NFL Network until September 10th.

white is right

Hall of Famer
snow said:
TorontoArgos said:
whiteathlete, Crouch was a third string QB for most of his time in Toronto and he only saw time in a couple of games after the starter got hurt. He did play QB his whole time in Toronto but he was released midway through 2007 after injuries derailed his career. He looked good in the couple of games he played and in preseason, both throwing and running. Personally I was hoping he would become the Argonauts starter however that never transpired.

Doesn't make any sense why Crouch would be 3rd string. The CFL seems fair to whites at some positions but not so much at quarterback from the games I have seen the past few years. I mean they have a couple of good non white qbs and they had a great one a long time ago in Warren Moon, but there shouldn't be that many in the CFL. Seems like they could get more talented guys like Todd Reesing, but he was cut by the Roughriders, who I think could be much better than Durant. No clue how this guy is still on a roster:Adrian McPherson, supposedly he is being groomed to be Montreal's qb in the future, but is in a battle with Chris Leak. Here is a picture of him  baffled by the Saints complex offense, that was already simplified for Aaron Brooks.
Saints%20-%20McPherson%20-%20Not%20Under%20Center.gif
Question is, why the hell is that guard not saying anything with that guy's up there haha?He is also known for being hit by a mascot on a golf cart.
I thought this one some kind of gadget play.....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
JReb1 said:
Doug Flutie had better passing numbers than Vick in the 2 seasons he got the most starts of his NFL career at nearly 40. Doug was only 5'10 I believe but he could roll out and make great plays with his rocket, accurate arm and his feet (as good as Vick or Crouch IMO) if there wasn't an open WR. It's beyond me why he never got a legitimate shot in the NFL or from the Bills when he played MUCH better than Rob Johnson. Futie was everything you could want in a scrambling QB...
He was thought of as too old to be long term solution. In his prime years he was never given a shot. Buffalo only brought him into to be Johnson's backup. Flutie outplayed Johnson and won the starting job.