West Virgina, how white?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
WVU plays at home against Cincinnati tomorrow at noon Eastern on the ESPN Full Court package.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
WVU beat Cincinnati 66-57, despite have a poor shooting day. Now 17-4, they could move up another spot in the polls this next week.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
When will this team get more respecti n the Big East? Despite being first in the conference (undefeated I might add) people still consider UConn far and away the best team.. which may be true but the standings don't lie!

G

When do they play UCONN...I despise UCONN and that mulatto boone

Bunnyman

Guru
I saw the game versus Cincy. WVU's top 4 scorers are white though they mostly only go with 3 whites on the floor at a time. It was still great to see them school Cincy who had the usual racist caste system power structure of 5 blacks on the floor with only a few minutes for one white guy (who is pretty good and also is a tight end on the football team).

Wow WVU has got the THE HARDEST scedual of any ranked team in all of NCAA basketball

<TABLE =table cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3>
<T>
<TR =oddrow>
<TD width=43>02/09</TD>
<TD width=170><NOBR>at #13 Pittsburgh</NOBR></TD>
<TD width=125>9:00PM</TD></TR>
<TR =evenrow>
<TD width=43>02/12</TD>
<TD width=170><NOBR>at #16 G'town</NOBR></TD>
<TD width=125>*7:00PM</TD></TR>
<TR =oddrow>
<TD width=43>02/14</TD>
<TD width=170><NOBR>at S Hall</NOBR></TD>
<TD width=125>*7:30PM</TD></TR>
<TR =evenrow>
<TD width=43>02/18</TD>
<TD width=170><NOBR>#1 UConn</NOBR></TD>
<TD width=125>3:45PM</TD></TR>
<TR =oddrow>
<TD width=43>02/20</TD>
<TD width=170><NOBR>at Syracuse</NOBR></TD>
<TD width=125>7:00PM</TD></TR>
<TR =evenrow>
<TD width=43>02/25</TD>
<TD width=170><NOBR>Louisville</NOBR></TD>
<TD width=125>1:30PM</TD></TR>
<TR =oddrow>
<TD width=43>02/27</TD>
<TD width=170><NOBR>#13 Pittsburgh</NOBR></TD>
<TD width=125>7:00PM</TD></TR>
<TR =evenrow>
<TD width=43>03/04</TD>
<TD width=170><NOBR>at Cincy</NOBR></TD>
<TD width=125>12:00PM</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

I really dont think that WVU will be ranked very high come March.. They are going to loose at least two of these games. Memphis, by contrast, does not play anouther ranked team all year.

WVU has had a tough scedual so far and has an even harder one from here on out..

It will be absolutly amazing if they dont loose again

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I don't think a loss to UConn will hurt them much, but I think they have a good shot at going 7-1 the rest of the way in.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
The way it's been all year even if they lose 2 or 3 games, every team in the top 25 has been losing games week in and week out so I can't see them falling too far.

whiteCB

Master
Yeah baby West Virginia has finnally cracked the top 10 in each poll right. Though most of all they are earning the respect of the media which loves the way they play on O.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, it's about time! WVU is ranked 9 in the AP and 10 in the coaches poll. I hope they keep right on a winning!
smiley32.gif

#6 Flordia just lost to South Carolina. This should mean that WVU can move further up in the polls if they can beat #13 Pittsburg tonight. Pittsburg is really good so this game can go either way.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
WVU had a poor shooting night on the road against #13 Pitt and lost 57-53. Pittsnogle had a nightmare game -- 0 for 12 in FGs, 0 points for the game, and he fouled out.

Pitt has two good white starters in F Lavon Kendall and C Aaron Gray. Gray is an excellent rebounder and decent scorer.

Bunnyman

Guru
I wouldn't have thought someone named Lavon Kendall would be white but glad to hear it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bunnyman said:
I wouldn't have thought someone named Lavon Kendall would be white but glad to hear it.

Yeah, it's a pleasant surprise. Usually it's an unpleasant surprise, when an athlete with a German, Polish or Italian last name turns out to be black.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I still wouldn't want to go through my life with a first name like Lavon. How manly is that. There was a deacon at a church I used to go to named Wendy. I'm glad that Lavon is white though, but his name must be a beating to live with. I'm still waiting for the first white girl named Laquisha! Seriously, I think it can be hard getting a job in corporate america with first names like this on the application. Parents need to take this into account when they name their children. Stop trying to be so unique.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Which names sound better on a application? Troy Aikman or Daunte Culpepper. A.J. Hawk or Keyshawn Johnson.Don't get me wrong, people have a right to have any name they want to but isn't life easier when you can blend in with the rest of society than to always be diferent in everything. They are different in how they speak, dress,talk, dance, sing and now their names too. At least the parents of Micheal Jordan, Earl Cambell,Kevin Garnett, Barry Sanders got it right. What's a Alge Crumpler? (te..on the falcons).

guest301

Hall of Famer
Sorry Colonel Reb.. I didn't spell Michael correctly. Your pet peeve!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
No problem, guest301. I don't mind that mis-spelling here, just in people's names.

hedgehog

Mentor
I wish I would have posted it here a couple of days ago. There was some article on ESPN.com about the "fluke" West Virginia basketball team.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
WVU plays a big game against Georgetown tomorrow on ESPN Full Court. This could be a make or break game for WVU.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Pittsnoggle has to redeem himself for that horrible game against Pitt.. I hope he blows up for about 35 and WVU destroys Georgetown..

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
25 points for Pittsnogle, making up for that porous performance... not sure if they have another game in between but next Saturday they play UConn.. can't wait for that one!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Mountaineers were simply outstanding in the second half on both offense and defense. It was almost like a reverse "Glory Road."
smiley20.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
It was nice for anti-caste WVU to avenge Duke's only loss this season to Georgetown. "you've got pittsnoggled" is becoming part of the lexicon in popular culture.