wes welker

G

Hoge has been so bullied by the caste system, that he has turned into the same kind of bitchy passive-aggressive bully that surrounds him at the Harem of ESPN.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
So ol' "Mare L. (Schlong)Lodge" blames Moss' slacking & taking plays off on Brady & the OL eh?Sounds like a typical caste apologist to me...brought to use by the neutered caste lackeys at ESPN.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The preliminary diagnosis for Wes is a torn ACL, which will sideline him for the rest of the year. It's a good opportunity for Julian Edelman to prove himself, which I expect, then we can look for two white starting wideouts next year on the Patriots possibly.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Right after it happened there was a shot of Wes on the bench, holding a towel and crying. Tough guy that he is, he must have known instantly it was serious.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hate to hear this news, but at least another great White athlete will get to show his skills.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I hate that astro turf in Houston- cleats with good grip just stick in it. Wes just got shoved a little from behind while making a cut. His left foot stuck in the turf and his left knee hyper extended and got ripped up. It was the same guy I hear- (Bernard Pollard)- that made the low tackle that ended Tom Brady's season last year, but this hit was not dirty at all and just an every day play. I think on a better surface Welker walks away with just a sore knee or slight sprain...what a bummer. Edelman had a Welker like game though (in Wes's absence) so lets hope he makes the most of this opportunity.

Wes's final season stats in just 14 games: 123-1348 and 4 TDs- his first 11 YPC season as a Patriot. He was getting up field even better this season and Brady even overthrew him twice on long bombs. Congrats Wes on leading the league again in receptions- come back strong next year!

chris371

Mentor
Its pretty amazing what wes has done! From undrafted to leading the NFL in catches 3 years in a row...

get well soon little brother!

green fire317

Banned
He might not be back next year, from what i hear ACLs take anywhere from 6 months to a year to heal, and at a speed position where you make alot of cuts, its probably more like a year. Also keep in mind there might not be football in 2011. It could be a while before we see Wes again. This is obviously a worst case scenario, but one to keep in mind.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
One thing we know is that Welker will rehab like crazy. Greg Camarillo tore his ACL mid-season last year and was back playingby pre-season games this year, so it's possible, though virtually no one seems to have their pre-injury speed in their first year back.

White Power

Mentor
I think this means that Belechick will take the Welker clone in Shipley alot higher than expected because he is the perfect replacement for Welker. Just a hunch on my part.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Shipley is a Welker clone? really? Welker is 5-9 and possibly the quickest man to ever play in the NFL. Shipley is 6-0 and has elite speed.

other than being highly productive, White receivers, how are they alike?

foreverfree

Mentor
Watching halftime of BAL/OAK, I saw Welker being helped off and thought of what a CF poster said last year when Peyton Hillis went down - that supernatural forces may be at work again on behalf of the caste system.

Get well, Wes!

John

dwid

Hall of Famer
the only negative about Edelman's success is that dwfs are claiming once again that Welker is just a product of the system/moss and that you could insert "just any receiver" in his spot and have him do well. They can't fathom the possibility of two White receivers doing well.

I wonder why more teams with a good number 1 receiver aren't using this magical system that makes any receiver put up 100 catches 3 years in a row? I guess they don't have a superhuman receiver like Moss who somehow always "draws deep triple coverage to open up the stuff over the middle". Moss is somehow able to magically keep 3 men deep in coverage even when he isnt even running a route, but rather staying behind and blocking on all of those little quick screens that Welker gets so many of his yards from. Oh and nevermind the fact that Welker has had more yards and catches than Moss the past two seasons and the Panthers just recently came out and said Moss gives up easily in games and they rolled out all of their coverage to try and stop Welker. I swear some people.....

I hope Edelman does a great job and Welker gets better soon and we can see them both on the field next year lighting it up.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
yesterday on one of the nfl talking head shows, they showed the Pats' passing game stats with and without Welker on the field.

it won't surprise anyone at CF that Moss' and Brady'snumbers were dramatically worse when Welker was on the sidelines.

if i remember the figures correctly, Brady's completion percentage was about 20 points lower, Moss was targeted more often but he caught less than half as many passes, and the passing game yardage totals were reduced by more than one third. as to the idiots that say Moss makes Welker better, and not the other way around, the numbers don't bear this out. when Moss is off the field, Brady's and Welker's numbers actually improve.

TwentyTwo

Master
SI's Peter King describes Julian Edelman as a Wes Welker "clone."..oh my, WHY could that be?? He says ...."the same body type, the same frenetic quickness after the catch. Amazing that the Patriots are going to try to win their fourth Super Bowl in nine years with Edelman playing the part of Welker".

Same body type?? Again Welker is 5'-9" & Edelman is 6'-0...

Sorry to see that happen to Welker yesterday....hope he gets to 100% healthy ASAP! For all the talented little white kids who may be a bit undersized...watching Wes Welker on TVexcel at a Pro-Bowl level should give them hope...and not give up on their football dreams...they just mist might say.....if he can do it; thenjustmaybe so can I!

The Patriots are devastated by his injury...Shawn Springs said "Wes Welker is the heart & soul of the team"

Edited by: TwentyTwo

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
There are some similarities to Welker and Edelman. They are both super elusive, quick as a hickup and could have both gotten a shot at RB in the NFL if fair (phenoms after the catch). Edelman is a little faster than Welker, but hasn't proved as tough, strong, smart or as ridiculously quick in and out of his breaks yet. However, he has the freakish short shuttle time (ie. make one cut on a dime ability with freakish burst) that he has Welker like potential.

Shipley is different, in that I don't think he would have been a great fit at RB, but is more versatile at WR. Shipley is fast enough at only 6 foot that he could be a Split End (expect a low to mid 4.4 forty at the combine) OR play Flanker or Slot. Welker and Edelman are better fits at Flanker or in the Slot- as they aren't elite deep threats.

BTW, thoughtful post dwid and good to hear from you Twenty Two!

No "super-natural" forces at work here in favor of of the caste system. Just a freak 1 in a 100 type injury. It's really too bad as he was breaking down caste barriers left and right, and up the middle! It's great that he is only the 4th player ever with 3 consecutive 100 catch seasons.

Just to correct a note, he didn't lead the league in receptions last year as Andre Johnson had a huge final game of the season. He tied two years ago, but this year was the first outright season with the lead.

Edelman would be a great replacement. As far as Shipley being drafted by the Patiots, I say great have 3 white WRs out there.

Welker, as Don said, will rehab crazy. Don't be suprised if he recovers ahead of time. I'm sure he will be icing that knee 3 times a day, and strengthening it with the rubber bands and all. It is possible for the knee to come back even stronger after this type of thing if the rehab was done right. Also, don't expect Welker to get out of shape. I'm sure he will be working on his upper body and his other leg while his knee recovers.

Let's look at the bright side: It could have been two torn ACLs. He could have snapped his femur in half. He could have had a career ending, paralyzing spinal injury. None of that happened and he will be back before we even know it!

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Jordan Shipley has the body type and straight-line speed of Santonio Holmes, and the playmaking ability and ball-skills of Torry Holt. Obviously, Shipley is much faster than Holt.

I don't think there has ever been a "Wes Welker Clone," as nobody in NFL history has ever played the way he does. Edelman is taller and has faster straight-line speed. For the media-bigots who think that Edelman should be strickly a "slot WR," what about super-scrub Sam Aiken? Edelman is superior to Aiken in all categories. Gee, I wonder what inherent "advantage" Aiken will have over Edelman next season when WW is heathly?

Bear Backer

Mentor
Electric Slide said:
No "super-natural" forces at work here in favor of of the caste system. Just a freak 1 in a 100 type injury. It's really too bad as he was breaking down caste barriers left and right, and up the middle! It's great that he is only the 4th player ever with 3 consecutive 100 catch seasons.

Just to correct a note, he didn't lead the league in receptions last year as Andre Johnson had a huge final game of the season. He tied two years ago, but this year was the first outright season with the lead.

Edelman would be a great replacement. As far as Shipley being drafted by the Patiots, I say great have 3 white WRs out there.

Welker, as Don said, will rehab crazy. Don't be suprised if he recovers ahead of time. I'm sure he will be icing that knee 3 times a day, and strengthening it with the rubber bands and all. It is possible for the knee to come back even stronger after this type of thing if the rehab was done right. Also, don't expect Welker to get out of shape. I'm sure he will be working on his upper body and his other leg while his knee recovers.

Let's look at the bright side: It could have been two torn ACLs. He could have snapped his femur in half. He could have had a career ending, paralyzing spinal injury. None of that happened and he will be back before we even know it!

Yeah, it is just a freak injury that is totally to be suspected from time to time in the NFL. Especially thanks to artificial turf which I loathe. The caste system makes it more devastating to our cause because our players have been systematically shut out of the league thanks to the cultural Marxist black pandering, and Wes Welkers are rare in the NFL as a result. I don't want to take anything away from Welker because he is a truly great football player all the way around. Smart, quick, great hands, a burning desire that few have, but really and truthfully, the league has shafted a lot of other Whites who could have had the potential to be as good if not physically superior to Wes.

icsept

Master
Wes Welker is without a doubt my favorite NFL player to watch. He is ultra-competitive, mentally and physically tough and repeatedly burns the super-affletes. He was absolutely peaking this year. This injury is very disappointing and realistically he will not be as good when he returns. The knee ligaments will be repaired and the knee stabilized; the muscles will be re-strengthened; but the scar tissue will cause a decrease in flexibility and range of motion. Also, he is 28, and by the time he returns, his quickest days will be behind him.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Although this article deals mainly with the laziness of Randy Moss, Darrelle Revis compliments Wes and says he's better than Moss. Of course, we all knew this anyway, but the media will rarely let something like this through.

The friendly atmosphere of the Pro Bowl did not lessen the tongue-lashing that Jets CB Darrelle Revis continued to lash on Patriots WR Randy Moss on Sunday.

Revis told ESPN that he thinks Moss' commitment, questioned by the Panthers after a December loss in New England, definitely lapses:<blockquote>

"Will
he fight through tough coverage? Everybody knows Randy Moss. Sometimes
he takes plays off. Sometimes he don't. That's his game now. He's still
a great player, and he still manages to make plays."</blockquote>

Revis finished second in Defensive Player of the Year voting. He called Moss a "slouch" in January and then refused to back down when asked to clarify the comment.

After Revis held Moss to two catches in a 16-9 Jets win in Week 2, Moss suggested Revis' impact was affected by getting help from safety Kerry Rhodes.

Revis didn't buy that analysis on Sunday in comments to ESPN:<blockquote>

"Just
trying to cover it up because Randy Moss didn't have a great game. You
always see Randy Moss catching 160 yards, 180 yards, two, three
touchdowns. That day wasn't his day. That happens sometimes in
football. My thing is, just give respect to where it's due and next
time try to game plan better to make plays."</blockquote>

And Revis didn't end there. He said that Moss' teammate, Wes Welker, is actually a more difficult receiver to defend.<blockquote>

"He's a scrapper. He can do all the option routes you can draw up, and he gets open all the time."</blockquote>

-- Sean Leahyhttp://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/02/jets-darrelle-revis-on-randy-moss-sometimes-he-takes-plays-off/1

I haven't heard as much "Welker only gets catches because Moss get's double/triple coverage" as you did in the 2007 season. Welker has clearly proved his worth to the point where someone is a certifiable idiot of they think Welker only succeeds by being a product of the system.