Guru
Welker is clearly one of the best athletes in the nfl. He just
had a 71 yard punt return, during which he reversed his field, broke a
tackle, and accelerated upfield. He was a star at Texas Tech, but
has received virtually no publicity. He deserves to be considered
"Dante Hall" good, but is forced to play for one of the worst teams in
the nfl when it comes to blocking. Dante Hall has good
blocking.

Maybe the nfl wants to give black players good blocking, but whites are not allowed any blocking.

You could say this but come on thats just taking it too far. I dont think a team would tell their blockers to not block if its a white guy running the ball back off a kick return or punt return. They atleast give a white guy that job and they wont every yard so to say that a team does that is just crazy. Tey think if this white guy gets us half way then the all back squad can come on and score.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Caste System87. There may be subconscious racial factors affecting how hard some guys play, but the NFL doesn't mind a white player or two returning kicks -- just so it doesn't get out of hand.

Welker could probably be a quality NFL WR but likely will never get that opportunity with his lack of height a built-in excuse, ala Tim Dwight. "Smurfs" can only be black.

The Dolphins have Welker as a KR/WR, Forsey as a tailback, and Konrad as a FB who should be a tailback. Out of all that potential ability on a team with a lousy offense, only Welker's kick returning talent is utilized. The caste system wins whether the Dolphins block for Welker as hard as they can or not.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great return for Welker but it pissed me off that he didn't score.He should have stayed an the side line at
the end of the run & dove into the end zone.I love
watching the guy run.As for Forsey,he continues to sit
on the bench for no apparent reason.Again no one on the
Dolphins can even rush for 30 to 40 yards.All of the
running backs suck but they still won't let Brock carry
the ball.It's b.s. and that is all there is to it.They
won because of good defense and Feely having a nice game.
It had nothing to do with the running game!Play Forsey!

IceSpeed

Guru
Caste System87, you are right. I meant to say teams where Welker
could really thrive wont take him. On an unrelated note, Forsey
has never been given a chance even though he looked like a Curtis
Martin with Chicago last year. By that I mean he was a tough,
hard, hit the hole runner.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Several weeks ago,Welker just missed running one back for a td as he was tackled at about the 5 yard line.Today
there was no stopping him.Wes Welker ran a kickoff back
95 yards for a touchdown.I'm really happy for him because
this will probably guarantee that he will be back next
season with the Dolphins.By the way,Forsey still hasn't
had even one carry so I imagine that they will cut him
after the season is over.I hope Brock gets picked up by
a team like the Colts or Titans for next season.Some how
I feel that no one will even give him a chance.His career
could be over before it even started.

That was a great runback by Wes today. There actually was a lot of sentiment that he should have made the Pro Bowl this year as a kick returner, so his spot should be secure, though one never knows in the NFL.

As for Forsey, I'll be surprised if his career isn't over. If ever he was going to get a chance it would have been this year with the Dolphins great need at running back. What a total screwing he received this year, both from Chicago and Miami.

JD074

Master
Kudos to Wes for finishing this season second in
kick-off return yards (1415) and also second in punt
return yards (464). Another kudos to Tim Dwight for
finishing seventh in kick-off return yards (1222).

smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Now I remember Welker because he's from Texas Tech. He helped beat Ole Miss in 2003. Man, I had no idea he is almost the best kick returner in the league. I'll keep my eyes on him next year. Speaking of Forsey, I hope he gets picked up by someone and used. This guy can really open some Caste System eyes if one coach will just grow a pair and give him a chance.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was happy to see Wes Welker have a good game against the Steelers.The Dolphins actually they him play at wide receiver for a very brief time and he caught a deep bomb for a 49 yard catch.He also had a great game returning punts and kicks.He can do it all.Hopefully the Dolphins will learn to use him a little more than just returns!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
He was Miami's best weapon, really their only one. To show how obscure he is though, for the entire gamethe Pittsburgh play by play mancalled him Wes "Walker" instead of Welker, and no one involved in the broadcast obviously knew his name either as nobody told him the correct pronounciation.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice to see Welker have a big game today in the first game of the regular season.He had a few kick and punt returns for an average of 25 yards.Wes also had 4 catches for 60 yards!Way to go Wes!This guy can do it all.
smiley32.gif