Week 9 2006

backrow

Hall of Famer
Offense

Mike Furrey WR Lions: 4 catches for 72 yards, getting lots of looks from Kitna

Dan Campbell TE Lions: 2 for 27, another TE Casey Fitzsimmons had 2 catches for 35 yards

Chris Cooley TE Redskins: 3 receptions for team high 66 yards and a TD, longest catch for 27 yards

Wes Welker WR Dolphins: Wes scored his first NFL receiving TD today
smiley32.gif
2 catches for 14 yards and a TD

Todd Heap TE Ravens: great game again, 4 catches for 84 yards, 3 of these catches went for 20 yards or more
smiley1.gif

Matt Jones WR Jaguars: despite Gerrard, Matt had several nice catches, two of them went for over 20 yards; 3 catches for team high 66 yards... still no TDs though

Dallas Clark TE Colts: only 2 catches but for 42 yards, longest of 35

Ben Utecht H-Back Colts: 4 catches for 49 yards

Tony Scheffler TE Broncos: no catches

David Kircus WR Broncos: no catches

Jason Witten TE Cowboys: 5 catches for 50 yards, Fasano had 2 catches for 16 yards

Heath Miller TE Steelers: 5 catches fr 34 yards

Jeremy Shockey TE Giants: team high 8 catches for 66 yards and a TD
smiley1.gif

Owen Daniels TE Texans: 3 for 34 yards, Kevin Walter had 1 catch for 11 yards

David Anderson WR Texans: nowhere to be seen after having a succesfulgame returning kicks last week

Eric Johnson TE 49ers: 3-15

Drew Bennett WR Titans: poor guy has Young for a QB... in spite of that he had 3 catches for 51 yards including Titans' only score, 32 yard reception

Mark Campbell TE Saints: 2 for 16; Mike Karney Saints FB had two carries for 5 yards and on both of them he got first down

Joe Jurevicius WR Browns: 1 catch for 52 yards in first quarter! but only 2 catches after that, finished with 78 receiving yards

Kevin Curtis WR Rams: lots of looks, especially on 4th quarter (2 end zone looks plus several deep balls, overthrown); his final statline: 7 catches for 59 yards and 2 yard TD catch; longest catch of the day went for 23 yards

Heath Evans FB Patriots: zip

Defense

Chris Hovan DT Bucs: 4 tackles, 2 for loss

Barrett Ruud LB Bucs: 6 tackles

Brian Urlacher LB Bears: 12 tackles; Hunter Hillenmayer had 3 solo tackles and Todd Johnson had 2

Zach Thomas LB Dolphins: 8 tackles, DE Matt Roth had 4 tackles

Kyle Vanden Bosch DE Titans: 5 tackles

Travis LaBoy DE Titans: 3 tackles, half of a sack

Peter Sirmon LB Titans: 4 tackles, half of a sack

Scott Fujita LB Saints: 6 combined tackles

Scott Shanle LB Saints: 10 tackles

Brian Young DT Saints: 4 tackles, 1 sack

AJ Hawk LB Packers: 4 tackles

Brady Poppinga LB Packers: 5 tackles

Aaron Kampman DE Packers: NFC defensive player of the month and NFL sack leader had team high (again) 9 tackles plus a sack!
smiley32.gif

Justin Smith DE Bengals: 10 tackles

Caleb Miller LB Bengals: 5 tackles

Keith Brooking LB Falcons: 9 tackles and a sack

Patrick Kerney DE Falcons: 3 solo tackles

Mike Vrabel LB Patriots: 6 tackles, half of a sack

Jared Allen DE Chiefs: 7 solo tackles, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery
smiley32.gif

Stuart Schweigert SS Raiders: 8 tackles

Grant Wistrom DE Seahawks: 2 sacks

Matt McCoy LB Eagles: bye week

Sean Considine SS Eagles: bye week

Rob Meier DE Jaguars: half a sack

Aaron Smith DE Steelers: 6 tackles and a sack

Josh Thomas DE Colts: 2 tackles

John Lynch FS Broncos: 4 tackles and a forced fumble

Brandon Chillar LB Rams: 4 solo tackles

Brian Russell FS Browns: 5 solo tackles

Eric Smith FS Jets: bye week

Aaron Schobel DE Bills: 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 recovered fumble

Chrus Kelsay, Ryan Denney DEs Bills: 7 combined tackles

Comments

Teddy Lehman is finally healthy, he played at the end of Falcons game and so did Jon McGraw
Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
positives so far: Mike Jones is getting lots of looks from Gerrard, so is Furrey for Lions

Poacher

Mentor
I'm sorry but I can't resist...

The savior (Vince Young) is having a career day!

5 1/2 minutes into the 3rd quarter we have:

10 of 24 (41%) 83 yards and 3 ints

Somewhere Billy Volek laughs.

It's good to shoot fish in a barrel.

Joey Harrington is about to lead the Dolphins to victory
over the undefeated Bears.

Vick is padding his stats in the last two minutes of the game. Thoroughly out-played by John Kitna.

Edited by: Poacher

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Hey Poacher, I hear you!

Mike Vick is 8/16 for 95 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. He has 60 yards rushing on six carries.

But I'm sure they'd rather play againt Big Ben. The tapes don't lie!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Shockey had 8 for 66 and a TD. Todd Heap had 4 for 84, leading all receivers in the game. Chris Cooley 3 for 66 and a score. James Thrash 3 for 52. Jason Witten 5 for 50. Anthony Fasano 2 for 16. Matt Jones 3 for 66. Drew Bennett with 3 for 51 and a TD. Kevin Curtis had 7 for 59 and a TD, plus a no gain run. Joe Klopfenstein had 1-9 yard catch. Wes Welker had 2 for 14 and a TD. Mike Furrey had 4 for 72 yards. Casey Fitzsimmons had 2 for 35. Justin Peelle a 2 yard catch.

Mike Karney 2 runs for 5 yards.

Scott Shanle 10 tackles. Mark Simoneau had 2 tackles. Scott Fujita had 6 tackles. Barrett Ruud had 6 tackles. Kyle Vanden Bosch had 5 tackles. Peter Sirmon had 4 total tackles and half a sack. Zach Thomas 8 tackles. Brian Urlacher 12 tackles.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Just trying to help out backrow, no harm meant!
smiley4.gif
You do a great job with the NFL stuff. Personally, I have little real interest in the games beyond the Giants and Colts. There are a few players I follow though. I was hoping Kris Mangum would get another catch or two today but I guess not. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Jon Kitna like to throw to white guys...Mike Furrey gets a lot of pass and the TE too..
Last year when Palmer was injured, Jon throw a lot of football to Kevin Walter..
I really like Jon!

was reading down through that list of players and it what really stood out to me is that The whitedefensive talent in the NFL is sick
smiley32.gif

i suppose you really do have to excel on that side of the ball to keep a roster spot..

when you have a deformative skin condition known as "being white".

referendum

Mentor
Seems to me this was one of the best weeks for white offensive players, with several touchdowns, lots of catches, etc.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I was watching highlights of the Dolphins - Bears game. They showed a bunch of TD highlights, but guess who didn't make the reel? Welker's TD was left off the show.

Why am I not surprised?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
NotreDameIrish said:
was reading down through that list of players and it what really stood out to me is that The whitedefensive talent in the NFL is sick
smiley32.gif

i suppose you really do have to excel on that side of the ball to keep a roster spot..

when you have a deformative skin condition known as "being white".

Exactly right. Almost every single white defensive starter is very, very good. The idea that whites can't play defense is as absurd as the belief that they can't run or catch the ball.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Heath Miller had 5 catches for 34 yards. Joe Jurevicius ended up with 3 catches for 76 yards. Steve Heiden had 2 for 14. Eric Johnson had 3 for 15.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dallas Clark gets 2 catches for 42 yards and Ben Utecht has 4 for 49, helping the Colts remain the lone undefeated team. Poor David Thomas for New England, he just didn't get many good passes his way, although he was thrown to several times.

whiteCB

Master
Kampman should start getting his plane tickets ready cause he will be going to Hawaii this February.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
IF Kampman can to go over the 20 sacks..he will have full recongnition..And that not impossible if he beat Micheal Strahan record..He just need a couple of game of 2 sacks and 3sacks..Maybe I'm a big dreamer but he has now 9.5 sacks with 8games..GO KAMPMAN GO..Maybe a Defensive MVP !!!
smiley4.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
All through his career Kampman has been described merely as an overachiever, almost an embarrassment to haveon what was until this seasonGreen Bay's otherwise all-black defense. The other Green Bay end, KGB, was supposed to be the team's real pass rusher. Meanwhile, Kampman, who has been perhaps the most consistent end in the league the past few years, has really blossomed in the sacks department, too. He is the best all-around defensive end in the league right now, with Jared Allen and Justin Smith also in the top five.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Don't forget Aaron Schobel seriously ...7sacks!

Justin Smith : 50tackles in 8games wow..A DE whit 100tackles?!?
Kampman have 44!

Archuleta is well and truly benched.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it's funny how Archuleta gets criticized because he doesn't have cornerback-like cover skills, but safeties like Dallas' roy williams get a free pass... even though they couldn't cover a receiver with a circus tent!

Roy Williams is the most overrated player in the NFL...The guy is useless,he couldnt cover my Granny and shes been dead 20 years.

I always wanted to see Archuleta tried as a weakside linebacker....i thought he could have been a perennial pro bowler at that position.He may not be terribely great in coverage...But he is still far better than The FloridaGunman Sean Taylor in every aspect of the game.Edited by: NotreDameIrish

jared

Mentor
i wanted to see him go to the bears, a team that wouldn't require as much from him in coverage and where he can play closer to the line of scrimmage. i agree, maybe he ought to be given a shot at OLB, he's certainly strong enough and a pretty sure tackler. i hate the redskins.