Week 6 2006

C Darwin

Mentor
This game is Blackapalooza! Black coaches, black ref, black announcer, Charles "The Gambler" Barkley in the booth.

Did you see Hank Williams JR's band? I would love to hear their rendition of
"If the South would have won, we'd have it made"

G

I hope Rex Grossman comes back and has a huge game. Same for Urlacher.

G

C Darwin said:
This game is Blackapalooza! Black coaches, black ref, black announcer, Charles "The Gambler" Barkley in the booth.

Did you see Hank Williams JR's band? I would love to hear their rendition of
"If the South would have won, we'd have it made"

Yeah, I noticed. That's why I'm not watching it.

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow, Todd Johnson just had a huge hit on Walters... he caused an incompletion, so no credit for tackle, but that was sweeeeeeeeeeet!

why is this guy not playing much, i wonder?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm not watching it either. I'm watching Little House On The Prairie instead.
smiley4.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
I'm not watching it either. I'm watching Little House On The Prairie instead.
smiley4.gif

LOL You are a genuine throwback to another time, Reb!
smiley20.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Wow, Rex Grossman has Vick-like numbers in this game: 14/36 for 148 yds, 0 TD's, 3 INT's so far, midway through the 4th quarter.

Wonder if he'll be cut as much slack as Mr. Mexico in tomorrow's sporting news?

backrow

Hall of Famer
4 INT... but thanks to Urlacher they are still in the game, after commiting 6 turnovers...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
"Rex Grossman has to change his M.O. right now" That was the quote I heard when I flipped on it for a second just now.

White Shogun wrote:LOL You are a genuine throwback to another time, Reb!

Thanks!
smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Three TD's by the Bears D and special teams. That is awesome!

Fumbles by James and Leinart. At least Leinart won't go down as the scape goat if the Cards lose after all. He's driving them down the field right now though, two minute drill. All it will take is a field goal to win it, and Rackers has been on.

EDIT: Wow, Rackers missed the FG! I hate it when that happens.
smiley5.gif
Kickers get so much grief as it is anyway. They're never given enough credit when they win one, but they take all the blame when they miss.

Monster game by Urlacher though; 11 tackles, 8 assists, 1 forced fumble.

Leinart was 24/42 for 232 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's. How many teams are kicking themselves for passing on this guy? Tennessee? Oakland? Hehehehe.. Edited by: White Shogun

C Darwin

Mentor
White Shogun said:
How many teams are kicking themselves for passing on this guy? Tennessee? Oakland? Hehehehe..

Buffalo!

lumsdenpower

Mentor
WOW Urlacher is the BEST line backer in the league and one of the 5 better in HISTORY..He is AMAZING..Wow I don't had word for explain this..

cslewis1

Guru
backrow said:
how about Mike Vick: just above 50% of completed passes, 1 interception and 4 (four) fumbles!

Good God! 4 fumbles!
Thanks for the individual effort postings too Backrow.
smiley32.gif
I really appreciate the work.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Todd Johnson, the talented DB for the Bears, played free safety at the University of Florida. he was a highly touted cornerback coming out of high school, but was never given an opportunity to play there for the Gators despite being acclaimed as their best defensive back.

it's great that he made a big play, but i agree that he should be on the field enough to make a lot more.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Philadelphia Daily News is reporting that Sean Considine will replace Michael Lewis as the starter at safety in Week 7. Considine replaced Lewis on Sunday after Lewis was beaten by Joe Horn for a touchdown.

whiteCB

Master
Don Wassall said:
The Philadelphia Daily News is reporting that Sean Considine will replace Michael Lewis as the starter at safety in Week 7.  Considine replaced Lewis on Sunday after Lewis was beaten by Joe Horn for a touchdown. 

Wow stop the press'. A white DB actually replacing a black guy in the secondary. This is momumental stuff that probably hasn't happened since the 70s.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yes, Johnson played in his place on Monday... Worrell got several snaps as well! so it's good either way (although TJ is mucg better played than Cameron)

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Good hopefully Johnson continues to play well, that gives the Bears 3 white starters on that vicious defense.. if only Dvoracek wasn't on IR he may be getting some PT due to injuries on the DL... oh well, good luck Todd!
smiley32.gif