Week 5 2006

backrow

Hall of Famer
Offense

Wes Welker WR Dolphins: 9 catches for 77 yards. longest for 25 yards setting up a short TD run for Dolphins

Mike Furrey WR Lions: 3 catches for 41 yards, Cory Schlesinger also had 3 catches for 13 yards

Kevin Curtis WR Rams: 3 catches for 21 yards and a TD

Heath Evans FB Pats: 2 catches for 11 yards and (his first NFL) TD!

Chris Cooley TE Redskins: 4 catches for 41 yards, team high

Kris Mangum TE Panthers: had 5 receptions but for only 21 yards

Brandon Stokley WR Colts: game high 5 catches for 57 yards, longest for 23 yards; Dallas Clark had 2 catches for 15 yards

Mike Alstott FB Bucs: 4 carries for 4 yards and his first TD of the season, could have had another one, was inches short and then Bucs scored on a passing TD...

Bruce Gradkowski QB Bucs: i don't usually cover QBs but rookie from Toledo really impressed in his first start for Bucs (24 to 21 loss in NO) he had 20 completions out of 31 throws, 225 yards and 2 TDs including one on his first drive; he also had 6 scrambles for 19 yards

Ernie Conwell TE Saints: 2 catches for 14 yards and 1 TD, dropped another one in the traffic...

Jason Witten TE Cowboys: 4 catches for 51 yards, could have had a game tying TD but badly thrown ball by Bledsoe never gotten to him...

Eric Johnson TE 49ers: 3 catches for 23 yards

Defense

Zach Thomas LB Dolphins: 12 tackles

Matt Roth DE Dolphins: 5 combined tackles

Tedy Bruschi LB Patriots: was in on 10 tackles, recovered one fumble

Adam Archuleta FS Redskins: 9 solo tackles

Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney DEs Bills: Schobel had a sack and Kelsay and Denney had 9 tackles between them but it didn't help their team much as Bears stomped them for 40 points...

Brian Urlacher LB Bears: 5 tackles

Kyle Vanden Bosch DE Titans: 5 solo tackles

Scott Fujita LB Saints: 8 tackles 1 sack

Scott Shanle LB Saints: 8 tackles

Mark Simoneau LB Saints: 8 combined tackles

Brian Young DT Saints: 5 tackles (2 for no gain) Rodney Leisle DT also played had 2 tackles and fumble recovery

AJ Hawk LB Packers: 8 combined tackles

Aaron Kampman DE Packers: 6 tackles and a sack

Brady Poppinga LB Packers: 6 combined tackles

Rob Meier DL Jags: 3 tackles and a sack

Jared Allen DE Chiefs: 6 solo tackles and a sack

Stuart Schweigert SS Raiders: 9 tackles

Sean Considine S Eagles: praised for nice open field tackle on Jones, had 3 stops plus another pair on special teams

Brett Keisel DE Steelers: 4 tackles 1 sack

John Lynch S Broncos: 4 tackles and unquestionable leader of Denver's stingy D... and TB thought he was done...

Comments

it's fun to watch Bucs today, 7 starters on offense are white (4 o-linemen, including rookie Trueblood, Alstott, Becht and rookie QB Bruce Gradkowski) and Saints have 4 white starters on defense (Young, and LBs Fujita, Simoneau and Shanle)
smiley1.gif

Vince Young just scored on 19 yard scramble... waiting for the lovefest to commence, new king has arrived;as a sidenote, Drew Bennett had 0 catches and got injured blocking for one of his "more athletically inclined" teammates...
smiley11.gif

Jeremy Shockey had only 1 reception for 13 yards...
smiley19.gif

Edited by: backrow

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Furrey and Welker has a chance to be 1000yards receiver..Matt Jones can be a 1000yards receivers..
Drew Bennett..i'm not sure..like Shockey,Curtis,Stockley,Jerivicius..

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don't know if you guys are aware, but Harrington is in for Culpepper. Miami is hanging with the Patriots so far, losing by a field goal, 13-10.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Drew Bennett has nothing in end of the 3rd quarter..
He was injured on last play on a blocking play for him..
what a joke..

Poacher

Mentor
Harrington is doing well so far.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Brandon Stokley is having a good game in his first game back.The Colts are in a nail biter with 1 minute to go but it looks like they will stay undefeated.Vince Young is horrible and only has 64 yards passing.lol. I feel really bad for Drew Bennett.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Gradkowski looked darn good for his first-ever start, he's always been a winner and will be again, and Leinart looks as good as anyone could have expected so far.

Joey Harrington looked better than Peppercorn, but of course there will be no quarterback controversy in Miami.

I watched a lot of the Colts-Titans game, and the Colts, like everyone else, thought they'd blow out Tennessee just by showing up. Vince Young will get a lot of undeserved hype from this game. His passing skills are as crude as those of Michael Vick. He is another Kordell Stewart-Michael Vick type, which is great in the short term for promoters of the Caste System, but long-term, well, thank yahweh for Donovan McNabb from their perspective.

Poacher

Mentor
Leinart 10/15 2 TD 0 INT (3rd quarter) Not to mention the Cards are winning. Good call Titans..picking Young over Leinart. PFFFFT

Leinart was awesome 2TDs 1INT 253yds including a last minute drive from deep in his own territory to set up what would have been a game tying field goal...but Rackers missed it. Damn. Edited by: Poacher

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, it's a shame about this last drive for Leinart, although it's hard for me to sympathise with Cards...

G

Poacher said:
Leinart 10/15 2 TD 0 INT (3rd quarter) Not to mention the Cards are winning. Good call Titans..picking Young over Leinart. PFFFFT

Leinart was awesome 2TDs 1INT 253yds including a last minute drive from deep in his own territory to set up what would have been a game tying field goal...but Rackers missed it. Damn.

Is that really a fair thing to say? I mean Leinart has Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Edgerrin James around him. But, Leinart still had a good game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you're so "generous" towards Matt. Next time at least try to watch part of the game before you troll here. Fitzgerald was knocked out via injury, their o-line is among the worst in the league. . . but that doesn't matter to a troll.

G

I guess so. I should of thought twice before talking bad about a white guy.

Poacher

Mentor
Philipj said:
Poacher said:

Leinart was awesome 2TDs 1INT 253yds including a last minute drive from deep in his own territory to set up what would have been a game tying field goal...but Rackers missed it. Damn.

Is that really a fair thing to say? I mean Leinart has Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Edgerrin James around him. But, Leinart still had a good game.

Which "that" are you referring to? My remark that the Titans picking Young over Leinart was stupid or that Leinart was awesome? This was Leinart's first start wasn't it? That stat line along with the last drive was awesome for a first NFL start no matter who is on your team.

backrow

Hall of Famer
same goes for Gradkowski, he played very well and o-line played better now that Kenyatta Walker is out...

I thought Leinart did a great job, especially with a poor line which led to a inconsistent running game. Boldin and Fitzgerald seemed to develop some early chemistry with Matt as well.

Between Young and Leinart, Leinart hands down had the better game.

M. Leinart22/35 2532 1

V. Young10/2163 0 1

Edited by: Sark6354201

G

Do you honestly think Leinart could have the same success on the Titans team? That's is all I'm saying. I don't have to be generous to anyone. Hell, this is America I can say whatever I think. I'm not saying Young could do well on the Cardinals at all either. Anyways, I'm a bigger fan of Warner anyways.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
You pretend to act as if it's decided already.

I'm glad that's "all you're saying." Because a few posts ago you were telling us of your intense hatred of blacks. Now you rip on Leinart after a very very good first game. What gives, Phillip?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Philipj said:
I guess so. I should of thought twice before talking bad about a white guy.

Nobody said you can't criticize a white player. You just need to do so fairly and objectively, and not just pretend.

Can you honestly look at the games Young has played in, and favorably compare any of them to Leinart's performance today? And although I agree that Arizona's receiving corps as a group may be better than the Titan's, having Drew Bennett to throw to is nothing to sniff at. What's wrong with David Givens, Ben Troupe, et al? Nothing, except the quarterback can't get them the ball.

The Titans are 0-5. Can you honestly say that you think they'd be in that sorry state if they had just decided to start Volek, like they should have? Especially with the way Travis Henry has been running the ball lately?

Everyone who comes to this board likes to say that we (CF members) are not objective in our praise of white athletes. Some here will say that it doesn't matter. But its interesting though that none of the visitors here are objective in their criticism of those same white athletes.

G

I'm not ripping Leinart. I said he has a good game. I just said isn't it unfair to say the Titans should of drafted Leinart instead of Young because the Titans are a terrible team to begin with and I know he wouldnt of had the same success probably.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Philipj said:
Do you honestly think Leinart could have the same success on the Titans team?

Same success? How 'bout MORE success than Young, is that 'fair and generous' enough for you?

Philipj said:
That's is all I'm saying. I don't have to be generous to anyone. Hell, this is America I can say whatever I think.

Not really. Around here you are expected to be generous to white athletes. That's what this site is about. And you can't say whatever you think, read the posting guidelines.
Edited by: White Shogun

Triad

Mentor
Several experts were predicting big things for the Titans before the QB debacle. The team is 0-5 with 3 close losses. The season QB rankings are less than 40.
So it's not unreasonable to assume that with decent QB play (Lienart or especially Volek), the Titans could be looking at a 3-2 record.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Tennessee junked thier season by dumping Volek. It's a major come-back to those caste system skeptics that insist teams just want to put the best players on the field to give their teams the best chance to win. It's all so stupid. They could have brought Young along and let him learn the system, or even better take Leinhart who is obviously going to be a quicker learner. The coach of the team is going to pay the price. Ha! caste system finally hits a deserving target.

Philipj said:
I'm not ripping Leinart. I said he has a good game. I just said isn't it unfair to say the Titans should of drafted Leinart instead of Young because the Titans are a terrible team to begin with and I know he wouldnt of had the same success probably.

I think their recieving corps is in pretty good shape, but
Arizona is now 1-4, it isn't like they are a good team...

backrow

Hall of Famer
Titans offensive line is superior to Cardinals...
Drew Bennett is their best receiver and what a young QB should do is try and give him a ball... Young doesn't do that...
all in all most of my buddies in Nashville and Murfreesboro wish they'd taken Leinart