Week 15 2006

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
It's the same reason why US heavyweight boxing is paper thin depth wise. When only 12 percent of your population is doing a sport the depth won't be there.

Good point.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bart said:
I don't know, but I'm ready to ask Bigunreal to check into the Titans recent victories. The most implausible scenarios have developed the last several weeks. The Titans beat the Jaguars today. How? Young was 8-15 and threw for 85 yds. He ranthe ball 4 times for another 4 yds, totalling89 yds. without anINT or TD. On top of that Bennet didn't playand the Jaguars self destructed. Jags QB threw 3 picks and the Titans defense returned turnovers of83, 92 and 61 yds for touchdowns! A franchise record 3 defensive TD's and 370 yds of returns. Come on! I guess stranger things have happened, but gimme a break.

Bennett played, but Vince Young was incapable of hitting him, including at least a couple of plays where he was wide open.

The Titans had 85 yards passing and 41 rushing. Tennessee won because David Garrard was terrible, throwing three picks, two of whichwere returned for touchdowns. It does seem that Young is living a charmed life right now, but he truly sucks at the passing end of it, he resembles Michael Vick a lot more than he doesthe breakthrough "21st century quarterback" the Caste System has been yearning for so desperately.Edited by: Don Wassall

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I was frustrated that the Jags gave up on Leftwich for the unimpressive Gerard...Leftwich was struggling a little, but he was pretty good last year, and should have been allowed to play his way out of it like Eli Manning has...Leftwich seemed to get the ball to Matt Jones better. Jones was developing into his go to guy before he got hurt. Gerard seems to ignore Jones and pass to "the real butterfingers" on the team Reggie Williams. He also seems to favour the slow, great route-running receiver Ernest Wilford. It almost seems to me, as if the NFL won't accept a mostly pocket passing black QB like Leftwich.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Well at least Matt Jones got a TD, he had 3 catches for 12 yards and a TD. But still, what a waste of a speed burner like Jones using him merley for TE type catches. A decent QB would be able to utilize him better than for 4 yds/catch!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

backrow

Hall of Famer
Bennett played, even had a catch reversed by refs. Young couldn't much get the ball to anyone, and Titans defense went nowhere.

i agree that i'd rather see Leftwich than Gerrard as a QB of Jags.

devans

Mentor
I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Aaron Schobel is leading the league in Sacks at the end of week 15.

bigunreal

Mentor
Bart- I have my people looking into the Titans' recent streak of suprising success
smiley1.gif

Seriously, I don't know how anyone can make money betting on these games, if they are totally legit. Every week, there is at least one ridiculous upset that defies all logic and that no one with any knowledge of the game could foresee. For instance, how could anyone predict that the woeful Redskins would beat the high-flying Saints in New Orleans? This, a week after the Saints crushed another hot team, the Cowboys, in Dallas.

whiteCB

Master
devans said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Aaron Schobel is leading the league in Sacks at the end of week 15.

Go Scholbel. There was actually an article on ESPN.com about him and how he's so underrated. Aaron has to be going to the Pro Bowl this year.

backrow

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
devans said:

Go Scholbel. There was actually an article on ESPN.com about him and how he's so underrated. Aaron has to be going to the Pro Bowl this year.

we've mentioned this last week already, when he was tied for a lead with Merriman.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I was frustrated that the Jags gave up on Leftwich for the unimpressive Gerard...Leftwich was struggling a little, but he was pretty good last year, and should have been allowed to play his way out of it like Eli Manning has...Leftwich seemed to get the ball to Matt Jones better. Jones was developing into his go to guy before he got hurt. Gerard seems to ignore Jones and pass to "the real butterfingers" on the team Reggie Williams. He also seems to favour the slow, great route-running receiver Ernest Wilford. It almost seems to me, as if the NFL won't accept a mostly pocket passing black QB like Leftwich.

The NFL welcomed Warren Moon's success. But there hasn't been a good black pocket passer since. McNabb may become one, but he can't stay healthy.

Leftwich has yet to throw more than 15 TD passes in a season. That's pathetic. When you combine that with no mobility and constantly being hurt, it equals a not very good quarterback. Garard has his moments, butas withmost black QBs is wildly inconsistent.

Matt Jones, like Drew Bennett, is totally screwed in his present circumstances. Bennett was givena half-season to show how great he can be, before Billy Volek was given his comeuppance as punishment.(Reminds me of how Steve Beuerlein was run out of Carolina after the great TD combo he formed with the brilliant Patrick Jeffers in 1999.) Jones most likely won't get even a half season with a competent throwing QB before he is moved to his racially correct position of tight end. Edited by: Don Wassall

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah Leftwich only had 15 TD's last year, but I think only 5 interceptions and usually throws for more yards than Gerard. It also is early in Leftwich's career.

Yeah your right, I guess Warren Moon qualifies as a pocket passer. What about Doug Williams, does he? Just wondering. I don't know much about the older black QB's. I know Cunningham ran for almost 1000 yards in a season though, and he could pass better than Vick!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In four seasons as a starter Leftwich has a total of just 51 TD passes (and 36 interceptions). Peyton Manning threw 49 TD passes in a single season and has never had less than 26. And Manning takes a lot fewer sacks than Leftwich and never gets injured. There is still along way for Leftwich to go before he can be considered an accomplished pocket passer, and not just by comparison to Manning. Considering he's hardly improved over four seasons as a starter he's unlikely to be anything more from this point than an Aaron Brooks type journeyman.

Doug Williams never threw more than 20 TD passes in a season and had a career completion percentage of 49.5%. He was never close to being one of the best QBs in the NFL when he played; his reputation was built on being the only black QB to win a Super Bowl.

Randall Cunningham was a better quarterback than Vick but will never be considered anything close to an all-time great. He also shared with Warren Moon the trait of coming up woefully short in critical playoff games.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Rob Morris and Matt Giordano are starting for Colts, Thomas and Boiman will most likely be a big part of the rotation, too.

for Bengals, Justin Smith starts, Kevin Kaesviharn is in a lot, already game leading tackler after 7 minutes.
Caleb Miller howver seems to have lost his starting spot, he had a slight injury last week but if that's not the reason, well, than what load of crap that is... he had 80 tackles throughout October and Novermber when he got to start!

backrow

Hall of Famer
wtf! Rudi Johnson just literally run over two would be tacklers (Cato June and another black LB) and announcers said that Johnson just run over June and Rob Morris...

"wtf! Rudi Johnson just literally run over two would be tacklers (Cato June and another black LB) and announcers said that Johnson just run over June and Rob Morris... "

Well thats because the trifecta of idiots i.e. Theisman, Kornhieser and Tirico don't know sh!& from good peach butter.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The Colts signed Prohl to be their slot receiver since Stokley is injured. The Colts also have John Standeford...Dungy is one of the fairest coaches in the league to whites, but is still not fair enough.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Manning has the Colts back on track. He threw 4 TD's. Just for the heck of it, I compiled his passing TD's and his running TD's and his total yards in the air and on the ground for the last three years. I did the same for Michael Vick and deducted the negative yards they both had from being sacked. Vick has 8,772 combined yds-- 59 TD's and 36 fumbles. Manning has 11, 762 combined yds -- 106 TD's and 12 fumbles. Therefore, Manning has accounted for 47 more TD's -- 3,000 more yds and 24 fewer fumbles.The quintesential pocket passer in the game is much more productive than the quintessential running QB. Oh, and Vick has thrown 5 more INT's than Peyton.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Five more INT's than Peyton in far fewer attempts, I'm sure.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
those are incredible disparities... i'm guessing that the next time a Vick fan starts talking smack, if you throw out those stats he'll shutup pretty quick.
smiley2.gif

now, if we could just get those numbers on an NFL broadcast...
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Five more INT's than Peyton in far fewer attempts, I'm sure.

Peyton - 1443 attempts, Vick - 1062. Manning has thrown nearly 400 more passes, but still has fewerpicksthan Vick. Yikes!