Week 14 2009

backrow

Hall of Famer
in Raiders - Skins game both Reed Doughty ad Trevor Scott have a sack already.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Wes Welker, Greg Camarillo, and Austin Collie with good games.

Danny Woodhead with some carries and catches.

Peyton Hillis and Brian Leonard almost non-existent, though.

The more active Hester, Hillis, Leonard, and Woodhead are carrying the ball the last few weeks of this year will help, even if it is very slightly, Toby Gerhart next year. We can't just have one white man toting the pigskin. It's too easy for someone to get hurt or play on a crappy team and get abused by the media and DWFs, like Brian Leonard did with the Rams.

Gotta stay positive.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
That prick Mcdaniels gave Hillis only one carry today. You would think that when your "top" runningback is averaging less than 3 yards per carry on the day it would be time to give someone else some carries. I'm glad the Broncos lost today but they still have a good record.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
We've said it a ton of times this year, but I think it bears repeating til someone in Denver has the guts to speak about it publicly.

The way Peyton Hillis performed the second half of last season should've led the Broncos to think he could be a feature back for them in 2009.

They chose not to do so simply because he's white.

The Hock

Master
This time of year the defenses are wearing down and injury depleted. Just the best time to beat them down some more with a Hillis type back, if for nothing else than to soften them up for a Moreno. It would benefit Moreno and the whole offense.

But noooo....

Bear Backer

Mentor
The Hock said:
This time of year the defenses are wearing down and injury depleted. Just the best time to beat them down some more with a Hillis type back, if for nothing else than to soften them up for a Moreno. It would benefit Moreno and the whole offense.

But noooo....

I honestly can't wait until this team makes it to the playoffs. There are going to be some broken hearted DWF's in Denver left scratching their heads over their pseudo contenders departure. McMoron thinks he is a genius now, but fans moods and loyalties can change in an instant in the NFL, especially when a team is a tease. I have seen it a lot as a Bears fan. One minute the DWF's are riding high because they falsely believe their team to be a contender, then when it blows up in their face in dramatic fashion as the playoffs have a way of making happen, the genius holding the clip board has a way of turning into a goat fast, who's every move is questioned. Over the last 5 weeks or so they have shown what they are really made up of when matched up against what could be likely AFC opponents they might run up against in SD, Indy and Baltimore. They are probably going to be 10-6 before it is all said and done, but they will be one of the worst 10-6 teams that I can remember thanks to "parody" in the modern NFL and yet, they still won't even use all of their weapons. McDaniels is an idiot and there is no coaches impending fall from grace that I am looking forward to more than his.

Paleocon

Guru
It's interesting how Moreno went from can't-miss prospect before the draft to a platoon guy being outplayed by Corell Buckhalter without the term "bust" ever being used. I think everyone knows what will happen if Gerhart puts up Moreno's numbers (although he might not get Moreno's chances). If Gerhart plays like Moreno it will be "proof" that whites cannot play RB in the NFL.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was glad to see Woodhead get to play a little. He looked pretty good. Welker had another good game but will remain at number 2 in the nfl. A.Johnson is in first. I really hope that Welker can pass him up but it will be tough. The amazing thing is that they rarely mention Wes when talking about the best receivers in the NFL. This has to change. He does it year after year. He is amazing.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Tennessee is blowing St Louis away. The score right now is 40-7. Collins is in the game and playing decent. I guess afflete Young got injured.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bear Backer said:
Speaking of injuries, was there an injury to Gradkowski? I noticed that Jamucous is in the game for the Raiders.

From Rotoworld: Bruce Gradkowski is out for the game after suffering a knee injury just before the end of the first half of Sunday's game against the Redskins.

<DIV =s_pNewsTextMain>Delusional JaMarcus Russell is taking the field to a perfectly warranted chorus of boos. Gradkowski completed 10-of-18 passes for an impressive 153 yards before LT Mario Henderson fell on his knee late in the second quarter. Gradkowski remains on the sidelines with his helmet on, so it doesn't appear to be a season-ending injury

referendum

Mentor
Whats encouraging about Woodheads plays today is that they were interspersed throughout the game. In other words he wasn't just used as garbage time filler, but rather as a regular part of the offense. I'd like to know if his receptions were out of the backfield or as a wide out.

Tom Iron

Mentor
referendum,

Sir, everything he did was out of the backfield. He's going to be big in this scheme as time continues. I'm sure they don't trust S. Greene anymore because of his fumbling. Woodhead will be an integral piece of the running game now. Of course, Thomas Jones will still be the feature back, but he deserves it. He's quietly one of the best rb's in the league. Doesn't fumble or showboat and keeps his mouth shut.

Tom Iron...

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Speaking of showboating and being a mouthy n-word, did any of you catch DeSean Jackson's performance for the Eagles? Sure, he had a couple of good, long plays, but he was dancing and jawing for the next 15 minutes after each. It was amazing to see what a jacka$$ one of these guys can be.

speedster

Mentor
Tomlinson:21-50 and Sproles:7-22.Excuse me,Norv Turner I think you have a pigmentationaly challenged RB standing on your sidelines the one you once praised as being so diverse that you could you use him so many ways.You know that 1000 yard rusher that led LSU to a national championship just two short years ago.I was one who actually defended you as a good football man while most called for your head everywhere you have gone but my opinion of you has changed and I now think of you as a coward so afraid to upset the racial apple cart that you would rather see your team suffer with no running game(both affletes averaging barely three yards a pop)then to give a first day draft pick a decent shot.You sir are truely pathetic.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Speaking of showboating and being a mouthy n-word, did any of you catch DeSean Jackson's performance for the Eagles?  Sure, he had a couple of good, long plays, but he was dancing and jawing for the next 15 minutes after each.  It was amazing to see what a jacka$$ one of these guys can be.

Desean Jackson is rapidly becoming my least favorite NFL prima-donna WR. His ridiculously childish antics after scoring that totally unchallenged TD were embarrassing to watch, let alone engage in. He beat Aaron Ross, who is a CB playing safety, and was way downfield and totally out of position. I only watched 5-6 plays of the entire Eagles-Giants game, and that TD catch was one of them.

He mockingly backpeddled the last 7-8 yards, did a homosexual-esqe jig, and was "jive talking"Â￾ the entire time (as is standard procedure). McNabb was fist-pumping so hard that it appeared as though his team had just won the superbowl. No comments pertaining to the asinine, unnecessary celebrations were made by either Al Michaels or Crap Collinsworthless. I guess they were simply too "wowed"Â￾ at Jackson's unimpressive burning of"¦.well, nobody was actually covering him.

In a fair world, players who act so shockingly dim-witted should be a huge turn-off to existing and prospective NFL fans. Without fail, they were no-doubt blood thirsty for more WWE antics. Jackson could have broken a folding chair over the head of Tom Coughlin, and Michaels and Uncle Chris would have most likely complimented his head-bashing form.

Jackson was then seen on the sideline slapping hands, dancing, and "jawing" [rolls eyes]. An arrogant black athlete, how original"¦.now I've seen it all. Opposite Day rears its ugly head once again.Edited by: Thrashen

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Shows how much Jackson, a fine product of Cal, the same hallowed academic institution that producedMarshawnLynch and his multiple arrests,has "matured" since his all-time bonehead play on national television last year when the urge to showboat was so overwhelming that he dropped the ball before he crossed the goal line on what would have been a long touchdown so that he could begin his jigaboo dance, resulting in a touchback. The NFL is an institution that allows its black employees to remain in an infantile state, much like society at large.
Then there's Hakeem Nicks, who dropped two long passes in a row, earning criticism even from Uncle Cris. But then Nicks managed to bring his two hands together in such a manner that a miracle happened -- he actually caught the ball -- resulting in a long touchdown. Uncle Cris then remarked that Nicks was now a hero. Which is very true, because that's how it works with black athletes -- mistakes and inconsistency are quickly forgotten if noticed at all, while the big plays remain etched in the collective mind of the DWFs.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Will Curtis be the starter if he returns this weekend? I have a feeling Porky the Pig will play Maclin and Jackson as the starters.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
On MNF, Gruden just mentioned Alex Smith was in his 5th offensive system in 5 years, yet he never gets that excuse to explain his play at times. He has been called a huge bust many a time by the castites in the media. Yet that is Campbell's most commonly mentioned excuse to his crappy play over the past couple of years. That is the first time I've heard that Smith was in his 5th system in 5 years. And we've heard it mentioned millions of times by NFL annoucners for Campbell.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Did you catch the quick shot of the Arizona defense engaging in a group prayer near the end of the first quarter. Give me a break! Another example of extreme flamboyant behavior by blacks. Maybe this will become another ritual, like the team jumping up and down together and screaming before games start, although if it were mostly White players doing the praying the usual suspects would do their own orchestrated screaming to nip such a "violation of church and state" in the bud.

foreverfree

Mentor
Backrow, you forgot to list Brent Celek's 5 rec for 64 yds, including the Eagles' first TD last night, and later on a pair of 23 yd recs. How many looks did Celek get?

JohnEdited by: foreverfree

TwentyTwo

Master
Congrats to Wes Welker for his 3rd consecutive seasons with 100 receptions(only a handful of NFL players have ever done that); now 105 eventhough he missed two games!

The fact that yesterday Peyton Hillis carried the ball only 1 time...yet Mike Hart- Colts carried the ball 9 times...what an absolute joke!

QB-Jake Locker projected by some to be 1st QB taken in 2010 Draft; will remain in college for his Senior season....I 've seen a few conversations here on this site stating the NFL was hoping Vince Young could revolutionize the new QB position...and giving Tim Tebow the same chance...I say Jake Locker with his 4.4 speed revolutionizes the new QB role when he attends...hopefully he stays healthy..... He's the next Steve Young type!

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Perhaps God likes the niners because coach Singletary wears a huge crucifix whilst prowling the sidelines.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
WHITE NOISE said:
Perhaps God likes the niners because coach Singletary wears a huge crucifix whilst prowling the sidelines.
I haven't been paying attention to Singletary and the 'Niners, but does he wear a cross or a crucifix? Regardless, they only seem to get divine preference around half of the time, since they are saddled with a 6-7 record.