Vitali Klitschko vs. Shannon Briggs

Westside

Hall of Famer
Finally on 11th rd

Westside

Hall of Famer
His mug looks like it went thrue a drive thrue car wash of two by fours!

The Hock

Master
I like the way Vitali throws a combo, then stands back casually and asks himself, what next? Like some guy painting a picture. Hmmm, think I'll try two more jabs and a right, see how that works. Ah, very good. Maybe just a jab now. And so on.

He is truly an artist. And when he's done, his works remind you of a Picasso.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Man Briggs took some vicious shots! I thought Vitali would get him with 35 seconds left.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
His mug looks like it went thrue a drive thrue car wash of two by fours!

he looked like that before the fight started.
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

he stayed on his feet, but his strategy of trying to break Vitali's hands with his face didn't appear to work ... *smirk*

what a dominant performance. Vitali completely outclassed the "real" afflete in every possible way.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's great to see a White crowd unabashedly rooting for a White fighter.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Shannon the Aqua Lung Briggs took one hell of a beat down. Got to give him credit for staying on his feet. That being said, he probably should have went down and saved some of his intellect. Oh well, who could tell the difference anyway.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What an ass whooping. Now we know why they named Briggs Shannon. He is a little bitch ass. Haha. I love seeing these want to be gangster thug looking guys get crushed in the ring. Vitali is as complete a boxer as their is in the world. The fact that he can still win every round at 40 years of age is a tribute to his training and skill level. What a great fight! I'm so glad I don't have to look at ugly Shannon Briggs anymore.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The comments section during the stream was interesting: "Briggs face looks like a baboons ass!"

Westside

Hall of Famer
At least I got to see the last two rds. Thx Parody. Gotta get my computer serviced

Westside

Hall of Famer
The sports writers should be as honest as Briggs!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Looks like Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs cannon misfired.
smiley36.gif
Briggs is 51-6 now and he's been knocked out twice in his career. This will lower Vitali's all time heavyweight knockout percentage a bit.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Looks like Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs cannon misfired. 
smiley36.gif
  Briggs is 51-6 now and he's been knocked out twice in his career.  This will lower Vitali's all time heavyweight knockout percentage a bit.

With the amount of shots Shannon One Lung Briggs took, there may in fact be a delayed knock out in a day or two. He looks a bit zombie like post fight.Perhaps there's an anyuerism in his future.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Kind of a silly fight. Just a payday for Briggs. Neither fighter raised their hands above their waists the whole fight. Briggs never tried to get inside. There was no clutching, Briggs just sat there and took punches, flinching when he wasn't hit and rolling when he was. He took a lot of punishment. Klit should have had a KO, maybe his power is fading?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Briggs is a tough son of a gun to knock out, always has been. I was checking up Briggs record on Boxrec and in December of 2009 a fight vs. Marcus McGee was ruled a NC. Briggs tested positive for an illegal substance. His manager of course claimed it was one of his medications for his asthma.
smiley36.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Looks looks like the chancellor of Germany Merkel reads Castefootball, just stated that Cultural Marxism doesn't work! Up on Drudgereport right now.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Looks looks like the chancellor of Germany Merkel reads Castefootball, just stated that Cultural Marxism doesn't work! Up on Drudgereport right now.

got a link, mate?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Kind of a silly fight. Just a payday for Briggs. Neither fighter raised their hands above their waists the whole fight. Briggs never tried to get inside. There was no clutching, Briggs just sat there and took punches, flinching when he wasn't hit and rolling when he was. He took a lot of punishment. Klit should have had a KO, maybe his power is fading?

I think his stamina may be fading, which is understandable considering he's in his 40th year. He had Briggs hurt several times, but then hesitated a bit too much.

Vitali KOs

But then again, Briggs has probably increased his punch resistance from the steroids.