Vitali Klitschko vs. Jameel McCline

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It is now official, Vitali Klitschko will fight Jameel McCline on Saturday, September 22 in Germany.

JoeV

Guru
Who the hell is Jameel McCline? Man heavyweight boxing is getting very obscure.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Wow.. McCline? Talk about also rans....

How do these guys continue to lose and continue to get fights? Beck, Austin, McCline, Williamson, Briggs, Toney... where's Foreman, Tyson, and Holmes? Why not?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Not many big fights coming up until this one, then it's one or two big fights every weekend for a month. It's going to be good to have Vitali back in action again - I hope he KOs McCline like his brother did a few years ago.

Hockaday

Guru
JoeV said:
Who the hell is Jameel McCline? Man heavyweight boxing is getting very obscure.

Actually, he's a pretty serviceable veteran who's been in with some decent fighters. Mcline is big and scary looking, till he gets in the ring, then he looks and fights scared himself. Still, he has some skills, and should be a decent test of where Vitali is after his layoff and injuries.

After he fights Klitchko, McCline can have a showdown with Shannon Briggs in a battle of the big scaredy cats.Edited by: Hockaday

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
McCline is very big, but as previously stated, he's a serious puss once he gets in the ring. He fought Wladimir so cautiously (it was pathetic) that I'm not sure he landed anything accept a couple hard jabs. He seems like a gets confused and gives up easily when in trouble. Also, I can't see him taking big punches and standing in there and fighting back.

Vitali is, in my opinion, a little better than Wladimir because of how impossible it is to knock him down and/or out of a fight. He has less athleticism and coordination than Wlad, but punches slightly harder. I think he would beat Wlad simply due to his iron chin if they were ever to fight (they never would). Good luck Vitali, you will be champion again someday soon...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
there are too many white heavyweight prospects not. no need to brag about this division. i want whites to dominate the lower divisions. then we can show our athleticsm.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Whites are doing better in the lighter weight divisions too: Calzaghe, Kessler, Pavlik, and Hatton, to name a few.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
yes but not as good as heavyweight. I would like to see some whites in the really low weights which are dominated by hispanics.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
yes but not as good as heavyweight. I would like to see some whites in the really low weights which are dominated by hispanics.

We have Steve Molitor as the IBF super bantamweight (122 lb) titleholder.

I do not think our people will ever dominate the really light divisions. Generally speaking, the white man is much bigger (and stronger) naturally than your Philipinos, or your mestizos. I guess my point is that since 90% (I am estimating) of white males weigh 160+ whereas the average size of an adult male in mexico is probably around 5'5 130lbs the shear numbers alone would make it hard for us to dominate. I would like to see a great white welter come outa nowhere though and start cleaning out that division. Since the welterweight division is currently fixed according to caste doctrine that would be inspiring.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Whites are three wins away from having ALL THE 12 TITLES in the three divisions from Middleweight up to Light Heavyweight!

Light Heavyweight: if Diaconu beats Dawson on Sep 29,
Middleweight: if Pavlik wins against Taylor on Sep 29,
Super Middleweight: if Bute beats Berrio on Oct 19.
(Woods will also need to successfully defend his Light Heavyweight title against Gonzalez on Sep 29).

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Vitali has injured his back and requires surgery, so the McCline fight on Sep 22 has been cancelled.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
JD1986 said:
Vitali has injured his back and requires surgery, so the McCline fight on Sep 22 has been cancelled.

NO WAY??!!

smiley11.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
5 straight cancelations from Vitali going back to the 3 cancelations of the Rahman fight.

Put a fork in Vitali. He's done.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
aussieaussie31 said:
I do not think our people will ever dominate the really light divisions. Generally speaking, the white man is much bigger (and stronger) naturally than your Philipinos, or your mestizos. I guess my point is that since 90% (I am estimating) of white males weigh 160+ whereas the average size of an adult male in mexico is probably around 5'5 130lbs the shear numbers alone would make it hard for us to dominate. I would like to see a great white welter come outa nowhere though and start cleaning out that division. Since the welterweight division is currently fixed according to caste doctrine that would be inspiring.

The average height of a Chinese man according to sports illustrated is 5'6 (it was in an article about Yao Ming who is 7'6) Hispanics who have a lot of Native blood in them are about the same so, you're right. I am surprised we haven't seen any East Asian champs in the lower weight classes, there are a significant number now in the west. However, I think they are more into martial arts or pride fighting than boxing.
smiley5.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Tough J. Riggins:

There are two very good Asian fighters right now: Manny Pacquaio (Filipino) and Chris John (Indonesian). Both fight at featherweight/super featherweight. There are also some Japanese and Korean champs a the really light weights -- flyweight, straweight ...etc.

There are white cahmps at junior welterweight(Malignaggi), lightweight (Katsidis), and bantamweight (Sidorenko). A Russian, Dmitri Kirilov, is due to win the flyweight title very shortly.

As for a dominant white welterweight, look no further than Ricky Hatton. He will beat Mayweather and be the top fighter (P4P) in boxing.

G

Vitali messed up his body by participating in kickboxing. A large percentage of participants in the brutal sports of kickboxing-mixed martial arts-whatever they call it will have lifetime problems, particularly in their legs.

Gary

Mentor
I was really looking forward to Vitali coming back. There are a lot of other good White Heavyweights but Vitali is something special. Hope he does comeback 100%.

yanling

Guru
Manny Pacquaio is pretty much a national hero in the Philippines; he's a decent claimant for the best in the world, pound for pound.

G

Pacman and Vitali both ran for poltical office in their respective countries. Both lost.

ww

yanling

Guru
But did Vitali also</span> release a somewhat successful R&amp;B album filled with heart-stirring ballads and romantic soft rock like my man Pac? Methinks NAY!

smiley36.gif

G

yanling said:
But did Vitali also</span> release a somewhat successful R&amp;B album filled with heart-stirring ballads and romantic soft rock like my man Pac? Methinks NAY!

smiley36.gif

Ha ha! But does your man have a PhD? Methinks NAY!

smiley2.gif

ww