Victor Oganov

JD074

Master
Someone finally put up a couple of videos of Oganov:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=oganov&search=Se arch[/url]

My initial impression is that he's very small, hits hard, and got hit way too much in the first round against Grant. Grant is 19-14-1; everybody that I've heard of on his record (Oganov, Andrade, Lacy, Scott Pemberton, and Kabary Salem) beat him. Clearly he's an average fighter at best.

Oganov is listed at 5-9 and Grant at 5-10 1/2, which I find hard to believe. Grant towered over him. At 168, Oganov will almost always be the smaller guy, so he better shore up his defense. Better head movement would help. But he's going to get hit regardless, so I hope he has a good chin.

Oganov did all of his damage with Grant on the ropes. Grant had poor lateral mobility; Oganov would lunge in with a punch or two and Grant would back up into the ropes instead of side-stepping him. I doubt that he's going to be able to pin down someone like Mundine, who Jeff Fenech (Oganov's trainer) called out a few months ago. Kessler could've avoided this guy all night.

I was hoping for a little more, but I hope he improves and I wish him the best. At 30, he doesn't have a lot of time left. Edited by: JD074

moose

Guru
I have seen oganov fight twice, he is a hard puncher, but a good boxer would box his ears off