Vic Darchinyan

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Classic boxer (Kirilov) v. puncher (Darchinyan). I predict a close UD for Kirilov.

Nice to see two white guys battling it out at the really low weight divisions.

G

Darchinyan is Armenian. His name is of Armos who lived in Russia. Armenians are considered white. Just to let you know.

moose

Guru
he doesnt look white to me, some armenians look white but abraham and darchinyan dont

G

Moose I hear what you are saying. Darchinyan looks like a monster.
smiley36.gif
He looks like an arab or a jew. Abraham, even with the jew name looks like a little like an arab.

But both are Armenians. I have a lot of friends who are Armos. They detest being called anything but white and will disown you if you call them a jew. Some say they are the orgininal christians, what ever that means.

I think Abraham is lying in a tanning bed between workouts.
smiley36.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
Vic returns this Saturday to challenge Joseph "King Kong" Agbeko 26-1(22) for the IBF Bantamweight Title. If successful Vic will become a three weight world champion.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Joseph "King Kong" Agbeko is a dirty fighter. He's good at hitting his opponents with head butts to open cuts over and around his eyes.

The Hock

Master
Darchinyan reverted back to his old one-handed style. Paw, not jab, with his right and launch wild left hands. Agbeko boxed the Armenian's head off for the most part.

Vic ain't all that and a bag of chips like he thought he was.

Good fight though.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The Hock said:
Darchinyan reverted back to his old one-handed style. Paw, not jab, with his right and launch wild left hands. Agbeko boxed the Armenian's head off for the most part.

Vic ain't all that and a bag of chips like he thought he was.

Good fight though.

Isn't he a champion in two weight classes?

The Hock

Master
In today's world of watered down championships, with three or four "world title" belts available every division, and each of the original eight divisions divided into light, super, junior, and whatever to the point that an extra bagel for breakfast moves you into another weight division, being a two time champion doesn't mean as much as it once did.

Darchynan's a tough little guy, but this fight was the second time his limited boxing skills have been exposed. Like a lot of bully boys who rely on overpowering their opponents, he had no answers when he ran into a guy who could take his punch and fight back.

Vic's good, just not as good as he thinks he is.

JD074

Master
What an ugly fight. Two of the most fundamentally unsound fighters I've ever seen. Lunging, throwing themselves off balance, shuffling their feet, squaring up, no jabs, terrible. When Darchinyan throws his left hand, he ends up in an orthodox stance, and when Agbeko throws his right hand, he ends up with his feet squared up. WTF is up with that?! Weird. It wasn't a matter of who was better, but who was worse.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The Hock said:
In today's world of watered down championships, with three or four "world title" belts available every division, and each of the original eight divisions divided into light, super, junior, and whatever to the point that an extra bagel for breakfast moves you into another weight division, being a two time champion doesn't mean as much as it once did.

Darchynan's a tough little guy, but this fight was the second time his limited boxing skills have been exposed. Like a lot of bully boys who rely on overpowering their opponents, he had no answers when he ran into a guy who could take his punch and fight back.

Vic's good, just not as good as he thinks he is.

There are thousands of guys boxing in those weight classes. The fact that you can be a champion in two of them means you're better than everybody else in those organizations.

Not understanding the hate for this guy. Is Brock Lesnar a bully boy? What about Vitali?

I won't pursue the topic anymore, just wondering what your beef is with Darchinyan.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Darchinyan did his best. He tried for a third world title in three different weight classes. That alone is a huge accomplishment. Yes he didn't win but he had no choice but to move up in weight as he had no competition in the lower weight classes.

The Hock

Master
I have no beef with nor do I hate Darchynan. I wanted him to win this fight. It's just that when you carry yourself superwienery the way he does you better back it up. He didn't, and went backward in the process (see JD074's excellent critique). That's all I'm saying.

Yeah, Lesnar's a bully boy. I don't like him.

Vitaly is not a bully boy. Mean, kinda cold, but not a chest thumper like Darchynan, and much more a master of his craft than the Armenian.

Whether I like them or not, I still want my white guys to win. And if I could, I'd buy them all a round.

JD074

Master
Thanks, The Hock. Yeah, when a fighter talks like Vic does (or Lesnar, or Tarver, or Mayweather, or whoever,) they're opening themselves up to look foolish if they falter. But like you, I'll always root for a white fighter over a non-white fighter, regardless of how obnoxious he is. I think 98% of the people on this board agree on that... I hope.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Vic returns tonight to defend his WBC Super Flyweight title against Mexican Tomas Rojas 32-11-1(22). Rojas has only been stopped once in his eleven losses.

Vic's fight will open the Showtime telecast.

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Fightnews

WBC/WBA super flyweight champion Vic Darchinyan (33-2-1, 26 KOs) scored a spectacular second round KO over WBC interim super flyweight champion Tomas Rojas (32-11-1, 22 KOs). A good action fight ended when Darchinyan connected with a straight left that put Rojas down for the count at the 2:54 mark.