various 100m results around the globe

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Two very good results in the 200 meters. Till Helmke of Germany ran a 20.37 over the weekend. Today in Greece, Paul Hession of Ireland finished 2nd in a nice time of 20.32!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
While it may not be that great of a time,it is still a seasons best for Nic Macrozonaris last Friday. He won the race by a mile in a time of 10.29 with no wind 0.0! It is a step in the right direction. Macro if healthy could still run alot quicker.He like Shirvo has just been unable to stay running on a regular basis.Maybe this will be a stepping stone for next season.He just needs to finish the summer strong.He has one last crack to make an Olympics Final next year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Florin Suciu of Romania ran a 10.24 wind legal for the 2nd fastest time in that countries history! He also has a 200 best of 20.70 from last year. He is 24 years of age and seems to be quite a nice talent. Let's see if he can continue to improve. It's really nice to see some of the smaller nations to have some success.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
The young guy I really have my eyes on now aside from Pickering is Reuss of Germany.He is built like a running back and man can he run.He could be a factor in the 100 & 200 down the road.

Reuss just ran a PB of 10.28 (no wind) in Germany this weekend.

waterbed

Mentor
That is very fast for a 19 years old.
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the pic Vindicator. This kid has unbeliveable potential. I will throw Reus in
there with Pickering and LeBlanc. Anyone of these
19-20 year olds could go sub 10 within the next couple of years. This is what we need. Not just one great 100 or 200 meter sprinter but at least several. It will take time to prove to the naive public that whites are capable of being excellent sprinters. Again,I love the fact that Julian Reus also runs both the 100 & 200.This will help him down the road as he approaches a sub 10!Edited by: white lightning

white is right

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Thanks for the pic Vindicator. This kid has unbeliveable potential. I will throw Reus in
there with Pickering and LeBlanc. Anyone of these
19-20 year olds could go sub 10 within the next couple of years. This is what we need. Not just one great 100 or 200 meter sprinter but at least several. It will take time to prove to the naive public that whites are capable of being excellent sprinters. Again,I love the fact that Julian Reus also runs both the 100 & 200.This will help him down the road as he approaches a sub 10!
The Germans have had a few prospects over the years but aside from Unger they seem to get injuries and break down. I recall Gobel running 10.2X at about 19 and never getting faster and breaking down. Maybe it's because these guys are training clean and can't handle the hard work that roided competitors can....
smiley11.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Till Helmke and Sebastian Ernst were both bright hopes a few years ago. They have both had moderate success but nothing like what their potential showed. Tobias Unger is the only true world class sprinter that they have and he is now battling injuries for the last two years.Tim Goebel looked great for one season but I still think that his height probably hurt him for the 100 meters. He would have probably been a better 200 meters sprinter. He totally dissapeared!

Julian Reus has the build that alot of these guys don't. It's like comparing Pickering to Kuc. Like I said in an earlier thread, I hope that Julian and Christian Blume can become workout partners. Christian has the talent of Reus and maybe even better if you look at how fast he is in both events. Can you just imagine if he can start to fill out. Both of these guys can help lead a German Revival in Sprinting.

Blume and Unger will represent Germany at the World Champs in the 100 and 200 meters.Good luck to them.

freedom1

Mentor
Yes, drugs are a huge factor. Performance enhancing drugs have skewered everything. After the Germanys unified, the government there really went after anything that reeked of the old East German system. They even put Katrinne Krabbe out of business. Without the drugs, these guys can't take on the progressively heavier training loads on the track or in the weight room that a steroidal sprinter can because of the quicker recovery time the drugs facilitate.

Borzov floated to a 10.07 in one of the Munich prelims way back in 1972. He was most likely on drugs. Ben Johnson could squat 675 and bench 440. Carl Lewis and Linford Christie stayed competitive into their mid 30s. Look at Flojo, it's so obvious she sold her soul to the devil.

If Pickering got on the juice right now, he'd probably break 10.00 by the end of August. Shirvo, Macro and Nagel were all non-juicers.

It's discouraging. I don't know what I'm cheering for sometimes. It's hard to separate out the truth.

It's hard to wait, but I hope Pickering takes it slow.

albinosprint

Mentor
wow, roid boy does it again!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That was in his semi final race. The final race he also ran another time of 9.78 for the victory. I don't have to tell you guys that it is virtually impossible to run that fast not once but twice,in a very short time period. It is too hard on the body.They will catch this guy eventually just like Tim Montgomery and Justin Gatlin both got caught.Powell is taking some serious vitamins in his water.
smiley36.gif

On another note in the same race,Simone Collio of Italy ran a new p.b. of 10.14 in front of his home crowd. This kid continues to improve and there was no wind at all. He will be another sprinter for us to keep an eye on.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I was going to say that there is a curse of "9.79". If you run faster you will get popped. It's similar to the Babe Ruth curse and 666 the number of the beast...
smiley2.gif

yanling

Guru
The fact that the personal bests of white sprinters today seem to have declined, in general, from the best recorded times for white sprinters from the 1950s-1980s tells me that one or more of the following might be true:

1. white sprinting prospects are not coached properly

2. white sprinting prospects are never prospected for in the first place

3. white sprinters from yesteryear used performance enhancing drugs

4. whites do not even bother trying to compete anymore

It seems inconceivable to me that no white sprinter today can run faster than Armin Hary did in 1960. Or faster than Japanese sprinters like Nobuharu Asahara (PB 10.02) and Shingo Suetsugu (PB 10.03). </span>

What's the deal?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's confusing to alot of us. I think it is mostly a society factor that plays into these kids heads. They are told that they are not as fast from the time they are little. The mental aspect is crucial in a sprinter.

Matt Shirvington and Nic Macrozonaris both have a p.b. of 10.03 and the is in the last decade or so. There have been a few but far from what you would expect. The US probably has so much talent with the sheer population of whites living here but whites rarely try out for track or go into other sports.

You will see some sub 10's very soon from several white sprinters. Remember these names just for a start. Michael LeBlanc, Craig Pickering, and Julian Reuss. Also watch out for Christian Blume and Dariusz Kuc. All of these guys are no where near their peak and at least a couple will go under 10 seconds. You can say that you heard it here first.

G

Personally, I don't think it's societal factor in the european countries. Just about all of the sprinters in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Poland, Sweden, Russia, Ireland, Denmark, Slovenia, etc, are white. They all train hardwith, race against, and beat each other. If they're not gonna run sub-10 amongst one another, they're not gonna run sub-10's against theAmericans, Africans,Jamaicans, Bahamians, Trinidadians, and other Caribbeansonce they reach international competition either.

PitBull

Guru
I don't think its confusing at all. After Ben Johson's 9.79 in 1988, we see
the same times and the same over-developed physiques in 2007.

As far as white sprinters goes, I think its quite easy to explain. Most
don't take any drugs at all. Unfortunately for them, their workouts are
modelled after the same regimens of the dopers, and they either break
down over time, and get injured, or they pull back and run near 10
seconds, just like their counterparts did 40-50 years ago. If the blacks
stopped doping, and the Powers That Be didn't look the other way to
promote the black superman myth, their times would rise to over 10
seconds as well. Ben Johnson showed us the real world of sprinting over
20 years ago, that it is a fraud. And the only reason it was revealed is
because he wasn't the Chosen One, the american black sprinter of the
Cold-War era, the one to humiliate the communist whites and american
whites, all with the aid of chemistry. At the time he was an outsider, so
they hung him out to dry. But now we know that Carl Lewis was the
same, and we know the rest of them are frauds as well.

No white sprinter wants to stick his neck out and go way under 10
seconds, because he would automatically be under suspicion of doping,
and everybody would be out to get him, and he knows it. End of career,
and disgrace. So most just play it straight, travel and compete, and
usually work that into a career or use their connections to get a good job
after its all said and done.

See, if lots of black sprinters go sub-10, people expect it now. But if lots
of white sprinters were to go sub-10, they would all be under suspicion.
That's how the caste system has worked--its one of expectations, and
gradually conditioning people over time. Everybody "knows" that black
sprinters are faster, even though 40-50 years ago (with no drugs) that
wasn't the case at all. Its a leftist form of rewriting history because
nobody remembers it. I wouldn't know that whites and blacks competed
at an even level 40-50 years ago if it weren't for this site.

As far as my take on white sprinters, I'm cheering for the first guy to go
sub-10, hopefully naturally, but if not, well... It would shatter a barrier
and cause some waves. That's one of the reasons I like watching Wariner
so much, because he really IS clean and he is easily the fastest natural
athlete ever to run the 400m. He even beats the doped up guys by huge
margins. I think, like the indefatiguable White Lightning, that the day will
come soon when a natural white sprinter breaks 10. But as I've said
before, watching a chemistry experiment doesn't interest me much.
Clean yes, cheat, no.Edited by: PitBull

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Good post PitBull, I never thought of it along those lines, but I think you're right. If whites started running under 10 seconds all the sudden, people would suspect steroids hence the reason they are more afraid to take them. I really think we would be seeing 9.9's from whites every year with steroids.

Asafa Powell has got to be on the roids...9.74!!! followed by a 9.78 is ridiculous. It's just like Justin Gatlin, these guys run a couple races in WR or near WR time and then next month can't crack 10 seconds.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

G

PitBull said:
Everybody "knows" that black
sprinters are faster, even though 40-50 years ago (with no drugs) that
wasn't the case at all. Its a leftist form of rewriting history because
nobody remembers it. I wouldn't know that whites and blacks competed
at an even level 40-50 years ago if it weren't for this site.

Fifty years ago, during the pre-civil rights era, blacks had nowhere near the opportunites, the trainers, the nutritionists, the scholarships, the weight rooms, etc, that whites had back then. They competed in numbers that were nowhere near that of whites, just like every other sport.Afterthe 60's, when the opportunities presented themselves to train on a level playing field, is when the disparate times began.

There's a reason there are more blacks in the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL now, as opposed to the 1950's. Scholarships, desegregation, and the civil rights movement expanded opportunities, and drew more into the sport. Sprinting is no different.

PitBull

Guru
Wrong! Read your history. Jesse Owens as the 100m champion in 1936,
for crying out loud! Blacks competed in track and field and the Olympics
with whites many years prior to the 1960's.

FYI, track and field athletes prior to the big run-up in importance in the
Cold-War era, were all amatuers, and had very short "careers", black or
white, if you could even call them that. Nutrition was 3 square meals a
day, and training was pretty rudimentary. Most sports in those years paid
poorly (except maybe major league baseball), and there was almost no
support at all for the amateur athlete. You should really do some
research before you display such amazing ignorance.

You act like the chemical revolution in sports never happened at all! The
significance of doping in sport, especially today, is HUGE! It has forever
changed sports, and in my opinion, completely for the worse.

Next you'll be telling me that the reason blacks couldn't hit over 60 home
runs a year before 1996-1997 was because of race discrimination!
You're a moron! You're lucky if you don't hook your thing in your zipper!
You should delete yourself off the board before one of the moderators
does. Edited by: PitBull

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I do think though, that America and Carribean countries don't develop white talent and they are the countries notorious for steroid use. These countries are pumping more steroids into their short track sprinters today than Countries of the Soviet bloc did into theirs in the late 70's and early 80's IMHO.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Hook em Horns is wrong. There was no segregation in most of the country in track & field. Whites routinely beat blacks in sprinting (and most other sports) into the 1960s.

Whites simply don't have the opportunities blacks have today with coaching, training, recruiting and scholarships (and steroids). In Europe, they do, and that is why all-black U.S. teams usually get beat by all-white European teams in basketball, boxing and other sports.

When we have a level playing field we see very different results across the board. This is true even in sprinting where blacks have the most advantage over whites than in any other sport.

Hook em Horns, please read up on the forums and articles here on CF. You will see that there is no level playing field in any American sport. Black skin privilege is the norm.

G

PitBull said:
Wrong! Read your history. Jesse Owens as the 100m champion in 1936, for crying out loud! Blacks competed in track and field and the Olympics with
whites many years prior to the 1960's.

They didn't compete at the same numbers they do now,you nimrod.Jesse Owens was one of a scant few who was willing toput up with the vitriol black athletes were subjected to in those days. Once the venom and jealously subsided, more entered the fray, began training in earnest, and proceeded to wipe up the tracks with everyone.. as they do to this day, of course. Just like the NFL, just like the NBA. The were all all-white at one time. Once integration occured, the creme rose to the top.

You act like the chemical revolution in sports never happened at all! The
significance of doping in sport, especially today, is HUGE! It has forever
changed sports, and in my opinion, completely for the worse.

The you go with you everlasting, perpetual fallacious ignorance. Troy Glaus roided up.. I guess that means all whites roid up.Rick Ankiel, Mark McGwire, and Jason Giambi'roid and/or HGH'd.. therefore, Jim Thome roids and/or HGH. Therefore, David Wright roids and HGHes. Don't you see how incredibly dumb thatlogic is?

Next you'll be telling me that the reason blacks couldn't hit over 60 home
runs a year before 1996-1997 was because of race discrimination! You're a
moron! You should delete yourself off the board before one of the
moderators does.

LOLOL, you say that like 60 home runs is a common occurence! How many whites did it before '98? 2? In over 100 years?!? LOLOL Go twist your head up your softside, Chihuaha. You bore me.