Valuev - Liakhovich

G

I see Valuev winning. Liakhovich has talent, but does not seem to take boxing seriously.

Kali Meehan is also boxing at this show against Jeremy Bates. It should be an easy win for Meehan.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Jeremy Bates sure has parlayed his fight against Evander "Evan Fields" Holyfield into some lucrative paydays as a punching bag against others like Andrew Golota. If you`re not even good enough to win the WV Heavyweight title, you probably shouldn`t beknown as"The Beast." I guess it`s better than being an insurance salesman, though.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
I see Valuev winning. Liakhovich has talent, but does not seem to take boxing seriously.

You have it right this time, nevada.

I was disappointed to see Lyakhovich at over 250 lb and a belly in the weigh-in photos. Valuev wins this fight easily, either by stoppage or wide decision.

G

I usually have it right, Tunney5.

Thankfully you are not allowed to show how much of a stupid bigot you are on other boards. You can always come here and be a stupid bigot though.

Your favorite jewish negro, signing off for now.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I think the Wolf's big moment was his heroic victory over Brewster. Really he never impressed beside that win. He seems to be decent boxer but tends to lack the passion to beat the elite boxers. Brewster fought him too physically so the Wolf wasn't able to sleep walk his way to a points win.

G

Liakovich is a another corrie sanders. A fighter with great talent but lacks the professionalism to get himself into supreme condition. He really irates the f..k out of me. I bet his man boobs were huge. I want that giant russian to beat the f..k out of him.

He was about 30 seconds from beating washed up Briggs but got tired and knocked out of ring. He looked like a retard. I am sorry but I have no patience for a guy like this. His job is to prepare and fight at the elite level not to feed his face on pizza, Popeye's chicken or cases of beer. What a waste!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Lyakhovich is way too inactive. He went all of 2005 and 2007 without a fight. He is wasting his prime years and, unfortunately, there is a little "quit" in Sergei. Having said that, Chagaev laid the blueprint for a smaller fighter (even if he is 6'4, 250) to beat Nicolay. I expect a decision win for Lyakhovich but am hoping for a Valuev win.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Here's an internet link to a live stream of the fight:

Valuev vs. Lyakhovich

This should work for everybody! It works perfectly in WinAmp, which is free and easy to download. It's not choppy if you use WinAmp..

I was hoping the Povetkin vs. Chambers fight would be here, but it wasn't streamed because of the HBO broadcast in North America.

There's a result already in from the undercard, and no surprise: Kali Meehan won by 3rd round TKO over Jeremy Bates.Edited by: JD1986

white is right

Hall of Famer
That was one of the worst non efforts ever. If the Wolf is serious about his career he needs a Teddy Atlas type trainer(or Kevin Rooney). In the post fight interview he seemed like he was on ludes...
smiley11.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Lyakhovich looked terrible today. I think the long period of inactivity must have affected him, and I don't think he'll ever return to the top form he showed against Brewster, Guinn and Ahunyana. What a waste of talent...

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Liakhovich said after the fight:

"He knew how to use his advantages," Liakhovich said. "I didn't have any answers. It wasn't my day."

Training harder and getting in shape for a fight might be a good way to find some answers, Sergei.

Valuev deservesthe rematch against Chagaev. And then let`s see the winner of it against Klitschko after heKOs Ibragimov. Probably just wishful thinking on my part to see a unified heavyweight champion, though.

G

This mutherf...ing Liakovick! I want any fighter blk or white to beat the s..t out of him and stop wasting our time. For christ's sake what a waste of talent. Van_Slyke_Cf it is just wishful thinking. This f..king Liakovich could be a superstar but he has no discpline! The next time he fights I hope he gets crushed.

Motherf..ker please, it will never be your day unless you stop eating junk food and start training. Helo McFly! I hold this motherf..ker in contempt and hope he gets his ass handed to him. Long story short, look at Liakovich and Pavlik....Please.

G

JD 1986 stop making excuses for this f..K Like I said I hope someone, anyone beats the crap out him so we can focus on Wlad or Kelly or Joe. This guy is waste of talent and not to be looked at.

JD074

Master
So it seems as if this really was a lop-sided win for Valuev! I remember reading how he "easily" beat Bergeron, but then I saw the fight on Youtube and it was surprisingly close. One could make the argument that Bergeron won rounds 2-8, with Valuev picking up rounds 1, 9-12. (Of course the judges in Germany didn't see the fight that close.) I'm curious about seeing this fight, to see if Valuev really has improved, aided by his new trainer; or if he's the same fighter that I saw struggle against Bergeron, and it was more Liakhovich not fighting well than Valuev fighting well.

As for Liakhovich, he was coming off of a long layoff when he beat Brewster, so I imagine it's more the weight gain, being less committed/ prepared now than he was back then, etc. And let's not forget that Valuev is a much different opponent than Brewster. Even a Liakhovich at the top of his game would have a hard time recreating his exciting, action-packed victory against Brewster with Valuev. If nothing else, he's about a foot taller than Brewster, and an extremely awkward opponent.

His fight with Brewster was an exciting victory against a well respected fighter at the time. But, in hindsight, he probably became a little overrated after that achievement. After all, Brewster was a punching bag for Wlad before Wlad inexplicably gassed in their first fight. The rematch was an easy win for Wlad. And Lyakhovich had a tough time with Briggs, who was atrocious against Sultan. And Valuev was mediocre against Bergeron, as well as Chagaev. I know match-ups make fights, but he's struggled (in both victory and defeat) with fighters who have been beaten much more easily by other fighters. Edited by: JD074

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Lyakhovich is a weak link in the current crop of great white heavies. Better to weed him out now and let some the of upcoming guys get a shot. He still has some game and I look forward to him kicking the ass of some more black guys down the line but he's not going to be one of the top guys.