Vadim Tokarev

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Anyone ever hear of this guy? Another good Russian this time at Cruiserweight. I watched only one of his fights on Vs. but he has good speed and excellent power. He has the NABA cruiserweight title. The announcers actually stated he has the skills to challenge anyone in the cruiserweight division.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
I have never heard of him but it always makes me laugh the way these men keep coming. It is like an opening has been broken through the wall big enough for the tanks and infantry to get through and they just keep pouring it on...

G

He lost to Marco Huck in a match for the right to challenge for the IBF 200 pound belt.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
I saw that fight between Tokarev and Huck. Tokarev was too short, not enough reach, and didn't have enough cleverness to avoid Huck's impressive power and reach.
Huck won a straightforward decision.

Huck looks good but he too may be too short to beat the 6'4" Enzo Maccarinelli. That doesn't mean Huck is bad, just that Maccarinelli appears to big -and too skillfull- to be beaten by Huck. They have never fought of course so who knows for sure?

Blue Devils

Mentor
Tokarev fights the hard hitting Nigerian Emmanuel Nwodo in Russia today. He'll be 37 in February so he has probably one last title run left in him.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Anyone know a link to the stream of this fight? Tokarev is currently ranked 11th in the cruiserweight division according to Boxrec. I watched one of his fights and was impressed. His only loss is to Marco Huck who is a very good fighter himself.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Blue Devils

Mentor
Tokarev who's ranked 7th by the IBF scored an eight round stoppage over Nwodo. Had him down in the fourth and again in the eighth.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
And Valery Brudov stopped his black opponent too.

From Fightnews:

WBA #1 and WBC #11 cruiserweight Valery Brudov (37-2, 27 KOs) showed he was ready for another title run after a seventh-round stoppage of former world title challenger DeAndrey Abron (15-3, 10 KOs).

Another highly regarded Russian cruiserweight Vadim Tokarev (26-1-1, 19 KOs) proved once again he is a force to be reckon with in talented 200lb division with a quality eighth round TKO over Nigerian Emmanuel Nwodo (22-6, 18 KOs).

smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Absolutely great news. We keep winning but the three huge title fights are in December. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping we win all three but two out of 3 would be great.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
Anybody know what happened to him? He's been MIA for a while now.

Tokarev needs a better promoter. So do several other European cruiserweights like Brudov.