Usher movie

JD074

Master
I saw the commercial for this movie. Geez. Looks like it's basically a bunch of white girls fawning over Usher (black singer/ actor.) Of course I'm not going to watch it, the commercial is more than enough of this crap for me.

Kaptain

Master
I saw the preview for the first time last night - as a preview to Saw II. Beautiful rich white women throwing themselves at the "irresistable" Usher. Same old brainwashing going on by the media. What a bunch of crap!
Saw II also had to play the PC game. The only reasonable, sensable, good-hearted character was, of course, black.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I have a question - who the heck is Usher?

white tornado

Mentor
Usher is an r and b singer. Not only is Usher Fawned over by white women, but alsothis scrawney black manbecomes a body guard and protects the white girl from white men trying to harm her. So not only do we get to see black man as Love objects for beautifull white women but some good old fashened white a$$ kicking as well. All in all I can't think of a sicker movie to date.
smiley7.gif
Edited by: white tornado

JoeV

Guru
At least Usher isn't singing about shooting people and selling drugs. I agree that Usher is overrated slightly, but there are worse people in the entertainment industry. (I won't be going to see his movie BTW, but he is part owner of my beloved Cavs, so I can't just outright hate on him)

JD074

Master
It's not so much about Usher per se, but rather the underlying concept of the movie (cute white girls fawning over black guy, black guy beating up white guys.) Of course Usher is better than, say, that disgusting creep, 50 Cent.

I don't think he's a very good singer though. A lot of those black R&B singers have whiny, high-pitched voices. Yech. (Of course, so do many of the white "rock" singers. Yech again.) What happened to good singing? It's a vanishing art form.

KG2422

Mentor
I haven't checked who is producing this film ,but if I had to guess I would guess Sumner Redstone's Viacom. Viacom owns MTV as well. You'll also see blatant propoganda in all of Jerry Bruckheimers' films.

G

I remember seeing a preview for this movie and the girl was like the daughter of an Italian Mob Boss...when did the Italians go to the blacks for help? the whole premise of the movie is sh*t. Being part Italian and knowing the relationship between us and the moolies it pisses me off they would try and play it liek that.