US Olympic Team

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I didn't see a thread for the US Olympic team, so I started one even though I may not pay much attention to it.

I am watching the gymnastic trials - woman or I should say girls, there are no woman who perform gymnastics that I am aware of, and don't look now but amerikas favorite race has a candidate doing well, Gabby something or other, a black girl. I think this may be a sign of the takeover of gymnastics from the non-athletic white people to the real affaletes. :wacko: Let's see how she does when the Russian and Chinese judges are doing the scoring.

Oddly enough the announcers are really pulling for her. Even the gay guy.

Last edited:

foobar75

Master
I tried to watch almost all the NBC coverage of the Track & Field trials all week. From what I could tell, the sprints (100m-> 400m) are completely dominated by blacks, other than Jeremy Warner and one other white kid in the 400m final, I did see another white face on any of the other races, men's or women's. This is a complete joke and disgrace.

But, starting with the 800m onwards, there was some great white participation on all the middle and long distance races. If I'm not mistaken, some black woman won the 800m (two whites got 2nd and 3rd to qualify), but every other race was won by whites (I'm counting 1500m winner Manzano as white). A good chunk of the infield events were also white-dominated, except the long jump. Where are the white American long-jumpers?

The only black that I can see myself rooting for is Allyson Felix. Not against other whites if she ever faced them, but she seems nice and I also believe she's clean. She's surrounded by cheaters from Jamaica and the US, so that's why I hope she does well in London. I mean, take one look at Pharmaleta Jeter or Veronica-Campbell Brown, you're telling me they are not on something?

Or how about convicted cheaters Gatlin and Merritt winning their events? I hope not a single one gets a medal in London. At least David Oliver and his comic-book deltoids will not be making the trip, so that was good to see.

Overall, I'd estimate the US Track & Field team will be close to 50% white, which is not all that bad.

Zeus

Guru
Overall, I'd estimate the US Track & Field team will be close to 50% white, which is not all that bad.

I find this topic very interesting because I am one of the people who believe that sport in USA is not as bad as some want to think. I checked the medals won by USA at the Olympics of 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010 and in both Summer Olympics white athletes won almost 80% of all medals in all sports and almost all the medals in both winter games..........that's not bad at all if you consider how whites don't even make 70% of the total population in America, actually it's an over-achievement.

Does anyone know what % of the American Olympic team (in all sports) will be whites? Over 75% I would predict, if not more.

50% in track and field is not bad at all, if you consider how the media present it like it's 110% black dominated.