Upsets

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
for the second-straight year, Kentucky got beat by a little school from nowhere!
smiley36.gif

It was Gardner-Webb all over again for Kentucky, only this one may even have been worse.

Virginia Military Institute handed the Wildcats an early-season stunner for the second straight year with a 111-103 victory Friday night at Rupp Arena.

The upset came just over a year after Gardner-Webb's 84-68 victory over the Wildcats in Billy Gillispie's second game as coach. The sequel came in Kentucky's season opener in year two.

The Keydets hadn't beaten a program from a major conference since knocking off Virginia Tech 72-66 on Dec. 4, 2004.

smiley32.gif
smiley36.gif

maybe Kentucky should go back to what made them good; hungry white kids from back up in the hills who can put the ball in the basket.
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
and another really good one!
smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif

Obama's brother-in-law comes up short in Oregon State debut

WASHINGTON -- President-elect Barack Obama may have won, but his brother-in-law came up short in his trip to Washington in his debut game as Oregon State coach.

Craig Robinson, brother of Obama's wife Michelle, and the Beavers fell 47-45 to Howard in the season opener for both teams on Friday night. He accepted the extra attention but cringed at the score.

"It was a treat to be here, except for the outcome," said Robinson, whose sister Michelle is Obama's wife.

A couple dozen fans -- including a few wearing Obama memorabilia -- rushed the Howard bench after one of the school's biggest wins in recent memory.

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
this is so funny on so many levels, i can't keep a straight face!
smiley36.gif

first of all, a BCS school lost to Howard. Howard! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! secondly, how bad does all-black Howard University suck that they'd rush the court when they beat a team that lost its last 19 games, went winless in the Pac-10 and finished 6-25?
smiley36.gif
and a "couple dozen fans" rushed the floor?!? i'm going to pull a muscle!
smiley36.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif

and to think it came to Obongo's family. what a terrible shame that is.
smiley2.gif
smiley4.gif

and last but not least, i didn't realize Oregon had so many black basketball players in their state... too bad the Beavers didn't have a couple more white men on the team, because the only two OSU had on scholarship played better than any of the blacks Robinson put on the court.
smiley32.gif
smiley4.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Northwestern defeated Michigan State at MSU!!

Yep, Northwestern is playing well and might actually sneak into March Madness. Northwestern is usually the forgotten team in the Big Ten, for good reason most of the time.

It would be Northwestern's first NCAA, ever, which is hard to imagine.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Texas lost at home to Kansas State.

A.J. Abrams was 4-14 from 3-point land.

Texas coach Rick Barnes isn't the genius the media makes him out to be. He ignored the best shooters in Texas high school basketball, and he's paying the price. Atchley is treated like garbage.

I hope they get knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round of the Tournament.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Michigan State lost at home again, this time to mixed race Penn State.

The Big 10 Tournament should be interesting.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
how about the horrid Georgia Tech Yellowjackets who are dead last in the ACC knocking off #1-ranked Wake Forest?!?
smiley32.gif

this game was a case of "a blind squirrel finding a nut," but i wonder... how is it possible that Georgia Tech is so awful? they only play blacks, so aren't they supposed to be good?
smiley36.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
It was cool that Wake Forest lost. Their affletes are overrated, Teague for instance, and they play ugly ugly "basketball"..

The nut-huggers are really in love with Wake. It's disturbing.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Wake's center, Chas McFarland is a 7-footer who can really get up and down the floor. he's an excellent basketball player, but sadly doesn't get nearly enough touches from his otherwise all-black teammates.

he also suffers from numerous playing-defense-while-white fouls, or he'd be among the national leaders in blocked shots as well as have much better rebounding numbers.

Wake's getting a good track record for underrecruited big white guys -- Kyle Visser led ACC in rebounding as a senior, now Chas has really improved.

If Jeff Teague's overrated, not sure what that makes everyone else in college hoops.

j41181

Master
GreatLakeState said:
Wake's getting a good track record for underrecruited big white guys -- Kyle Visser led ACC in rebounding as a senior, now Chas has really improved.

If Jeff Teague's overrated, not sure what that makes everyone else in college hoops.
I haven't been interested in Wake Forest since Darius Songaila graduated away. I never got to see Kyle Visser play, though I heard he was good. I guess it's time for me to check them out again, this Chas dude seems decent, and yeah, Jeff Teague seems overrated.Edited by: j41181

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I would be curious to see you produce a list of players that receive excessive nut-hugging from the media (White players, black/mixed players, everybody).

That's precisely why I watch very little of the discussion panel segments and shows that deal with college basketball, but whenever I do, I witness non-stop nut-hugging. Is there a program or website that you could recommend to us that actually has intelligent discussion about college basketball, and, talks about more than only the 2 dozen players that the MSM wants to focus on?

The MSM programs are too damn predictable, and their message is beyond old already. In reality, a lot of players haven't achieved anything yet. All the slobbering reeks of an insidious form of PCness. Ironically, I think the media-hype has contributed to the ruination of many black QB's.