Upcoming Fights

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Monte Barrett has backed out of the fight with Alexander Povetkin, and has been replaced by a Don King fighter, Larry Donald.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Wow, there's another black also ran I forgot about - Monte Barrett. We're talking about this in the Vitali thread. He's scheduled to fight Jameel McCline. Barrett, McCline, Donald, Williams, Beck, Austin, Toney, Briggs... long list of also rans still getting major fights.

What happened to all the stud black fighters? Oh yeah, I forget - they're all in the NBA and the NFL.
smiley36.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I realize that White Shotgun is merely joking, but in reality, the current situation is far from a joke. Unless, that is, you happen to visit castefootball.us. These reverse-racist fools (namely ESPN experts like Max Kellerman, Bert Sugar, and Brian Kenney) actually believe the bigotry they preach to their loyal, brainwashed listeners on a daily basis. They are always careful to only mention the two major American sports which have the largest amount of black athletes; the NFL and NBA. Their thoughtless claim is that these two American leagues are where all the "Should Be" heavyweight champions are "Making Better Money." Wow, first of all, even the smallest guys in the NHL could physically destroy most of the guys in the NFL, and every guy in the NBA. Second of all, NBA, seriously, what the hell are the "experts" talking about? The NBA is full of long-armed, skinny guys (black and white) which wouldn't last a millisecond with the likes of the "New Breed" of white heavyweight champions. Third of all, why not MMA guys from Pride and UFC? Oh wait, I know, because the majority of those athletes are big, strong, athletic....and white too? This concept of "elevating" the status of a certain race simply because they were enslaved, what, 200 years ago, is truly foreign to me. What would you have to gain by discrediting a white athlete and making excuses for why he has succeeded despite his lack of "superior athleticism?" I wish someone would tell those pansies: "LISTEN YOU MORONS, MOST ALL THE FANS WHO PAY FOR PAY PER VIEW BOXING, WATCH FOOTBALL AND THE NBA, ARE WHITE!"Edited by: Thrashen

Alpha Male

Mentor
I agree Thrashen. Those same caste media proponents in the media forget to mention that during their beloved "Golden Era" of the 70's, Soviet Union fighters were not allowed to fight American fighters. If Henry Cooper(great British fighter, love him, but come on, weighed only 185) could knock down Ali and lost becuse of cuts, what do you think a large, hungry Soviet fighter would have done to him?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Today, Zsolt Erdei defeated negro boxer George Blades by 11th round TKO to retain the WBO Light Heavyweight title. Erdei is from Hungary.

smiley32.gif

Edited by: JD1986

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Bute and Erdei won the most important fights of the weekend so far. Now let's hope Paul Malignaggi makes it 3-for-3 tonight for our people.

I wish they'd televise Erdei's fights. He's been champ since Jan. 2004 and never fought on U.S. TV. The reason? Racism. Nigel Benn, Frank Bruno and Herol Graham (3 blacks who fought in the UK) were staples of TV boxing in the 80s and 90s. But superior white European champs (Erdei, Maccarenelli, Sidorenko ..etc)can't get any air time.

JD074

Master
I was starting to feel a little disappointed in Bute during the first four or five rounds of the fight. I kept thinking to myself, "Where's the foot movement? Where's the jab? Where's the speed?" But he got his rhythm and dominated the second half of the fight. Dan and Bergeron both won, and Benoit Gaudet won as well. I wish I had seen more of that card.

Any thoughts on Bute vs. Berrio?Edited by: JD074

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Man, you men make me jealous. I wish I had HBO and the other fight networks. Back here in Mississippi, I barely have the local. Maybe one day I can enjoy all those great white fighters.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
JD074 said:
I was starting to feel a little disappointed in Bute during the first four or five rounds of the fight. I kept thinking to myself, "Where's the foot movement? Where's the jab? Where's the speed?" But he got his rhythm and dominated the second half of the fight. Dan and Bergeron both won, and Benoit Gaudet won as well. I wish I had seen more of that card.

Any thoughts on Bute vs. Berrio?
Bute began the fight at the 4rth round and dominated all the rest of the fight.