UFC 75 picks

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
patriot said:
brandon vera or tim syvia would crush kongo.

Any of the 'name' heavyweights in the UFC would beat him, I think, as long as they actually go in and fight him.
smiley5.gif

Sean

Mentor
I actually read over on Sherdog that Cro-Cop broke one of his ribs in the Kongo fight. Not sure if this is true but it would explain his uninspired attitude.

Cro Cop will be back. He is still one of the top fighters in the world (though it may not be at heavyweight). Cro Cop is pretty small now for a heavyweight, and looks like he's getting smaller each time. If its not too severe of a strain on him, he may even think about dropping to Light Heavy. That may be too much weight for him to drop at this time, but who knows.

White Shogun said:
I do wonder how much those knees to the balls effected him though. It looked to me like Kongo kneed him in the groin a number of times before McCarthy warned him.

I noticed that as well. Maybe they are starting to let the "affeletes" get away with whatever they want in the UFC now, just like they do in all other sports. Wouldn't surprise me. And I'll tell you this, Cro-Cop didn't look right that whole fight. It almost seemed as if something was wrong with him. I cant explain it, but I definitely think something wasn't right with him.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Cro Cop said in a post-fight interview that Kongo broke his ribs in the first round. Cro Cop's attitude did change noticeably in the 2nd round, so that's probably what did it. Hard to throw a kick with broken ribs, not to mention nut shots.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
patriot said:
brandon vera or tim syvia would crush kongo.

Any of the 'name' heavyweights in the UFC would beat him, I think, as long as they actually go in and fight him.
smiley5.gif

Jeff Monson would also destroy Kongo...take him right down and submit him. Randy would slaughter the guy (Gonzaga & Sylvia are much better too). Kongo has overrated stand-up and limited ground skills. I hope Griffin takes out Shogun, but I kind of doubt it.