UFC 293: Strickland Vs. Adesanya

Arerequired

Mentor
Main Card:
Middleweight:Sean StricklandVs.Israel Adesanya (c)
Heavyweight:Tai TuivasaVs.Alexander Volkov
Flyweight:Manel KapeVs.Felipe dos Santos
Heavyweight:Justin TafaVs.Austen Lane
Light Heavyweight:Tyson PedroVs.Anton Turkalj
Prelims:
Light Heavyweight:Carlos UlbergVs.Jung Da-un
Featherweight:Jack JenkinsVs.Chepe Mariscal
Lightweight:Jamie MullarkeyVs.John Makdessi
Lightweight:Nasrat HaqparastVs.Landon Quiñones
Welterweight:Mike MathethaVs.Charlie Radtke
Catchweight (149.75 lb):Shane YoungVs.Gabriel Miranda
Welterweight:Kevin JoussetVs.Kiefer Crosbie

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Tafa, a portly Islander KOd an ex NFL Athlete. No problem.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Anton Turkalj(weird surname) for a Nord. Anyways he looked trash.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Dominant win for Volkov! His 47th career fight and he’s getting better!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Strickland dropped Izzy 1st rd and should be up 3-1! He survives this round he wins!

Arerequired

Mentor
Strickland backed him up and rarely let up, and compared favorably in reach as well as length compared to most previous opponents. I knew he was game when others dismissed him, but I did not expect him to beat Izzy so dominantly in a decision. He beat him at his own game, nothing he did would be illegal in a kickboxing bout.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Dominant win!!
Strickland backed him up and never let up, and compared favorably in reach as well as length compared to most previous opponents. I knew he was game when others dismissed him, but I did not expect him to beat Izzy so dominantly in a decision.
me either that straight right in the 1st really set him up beautifully for the rest of the fight! No one can say Strickland doesn’t have power! Might not look the prettiest but he left Adesanya bruised and battered.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Dominant win!!

me either that straight right in the 1st really set him up beautifully for the rest of the fight! No one can say Strickland doesn’t have power! Might not look the prettiest but he left Adesanya bruised and battered.
Yes he knocked Izzy dizzy in the first round and after that the champ was scared to engage with any gusto even in the last round. In the end Izzy only looked pooped, old and defeated.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Yes he knocked Izzy dizzy in the first round and after that the champ was scared to engage with any gusto even in the last round. In the end Izzy only looked pooped, old and defeated.
+650 underdog. Somebody made some dough tonight! That was impressive. That sets up a Brother War Vs DuPlesis..

NikoDuke

Mentor
Firstly, I like Izzy. He's not one of our guys but, he has shown some good character traits and I give him respect for that. I believe since he lost to Jan more fighters have figured him out.

Regarding tonight's fight, the DWF's online are beside themselves saying this is the biggest upset in UFC history which is such hyperbole and an insult against Strickland. As bad as NFL DWFs and media is, UFC DWFs and media may be worse. These are the same people who just recently were calling for the UFC to cut Strickland. Thus, it's even more satisfying to see him become the champ.

Arerequired

Mentor
Firstly, I like Izzy. He's not one of our guys but, he has shown some good character traits and I give him respect for that. I believe since he lost to Jan more fighters have figured him out.

Regarding tonight's fight, the DWF's online are beside themselves saying this is the biggest upset in UFC history which is such hyperbole and an insult against Strickland. As bad as NFL DWFs and media is, UFC DWFs and media may be worse. These are the same people who just recently were calling for the UFC to cut Strickland. Thus, it's even more satisfying to see him become the champ.
Strickland gets an inordinate amount of hate, I guess various characteristics he has rub DWFs the wrong way.

Phall

Master
And yet Strickland presents a new challenge for the UFC. Not only is he a far cry from the dominant champions of the UFC's past, but Strickland has courted controversy with racist, homophobic and misogynistic comments. To date, Dana White has dismissed concerns over those comments, but the win over Adesanya has made it more difficult for the UFC to ignore.

Based!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
It’s gotten to the point where we are actively rooting against even apparently decent black athletes like adesanya, because there is so much hate for white success in sports.

(((They))) love to divide and conquer both whites and blacks and this is the environment (((they))) have created.

I don’t follow mma but kudos to Strickland on the big win.

sprintstar

Mentor
great win for Strickland! Interesting a Black fighter has a name of "Blood Diamond" but is from Zimbabwe not Nigeria ...loses to a white dude.

grandmaster

When Jan beat Izzy, the excuses were acceptable; "Jan's a bigger man", "Izzy is inexperienced in grappling"; but Strickland is smaller than Izzy (Strickland fought at 170 lbs) and attempted 0 takedowns, yet still easily beat him. By consensus; it was 4 rounds to 1. It was a walkover.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
It’s gotten to the point where we are actively rooting against even apparently decent black athletes like adesanya, because there is so much hate for white success in sports.

(((They))) love to divide and conquer both whites and blacks and this is the environment (((they))) have created.

I don’t follow mma but kudos to Strickland on the big win.
Adesanya is a good fighter but a **** person. His race baiting to Dricus exposed him for the kind of man and Champion he is. Over the years he’s constantly boasted and taunted outmatched opponents. Like his predecessor at Middleweight, in Anderson Silva, he eventually got caught.

I will give Izzy credit for being a very active Champ though, with few layoffs.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
When Jan beat Izzy, the excuses were acceptable; "Jan's a bigger man", "Izzy is inexperienced in grappling"; but Strickland is smaller than Izzy and attempted 0 takedowns, yet still easily beat him. By consensus; it was 4 rounds to 1. It was a walkover.
Very true. Strickland’s performance was dominant as it can get, minus the finish. I like how he compared himself to Bisping, in his pursuit of The Title. Nothing was stopping that man from winning.

Arerequired

Mentor
Adesanya is a good fighter but a **** person. His race baiting to Dricus exposed him for the kind of man and Champion he is. Over the years he’s constantly boasted and taunted outmatched opponents. Like his predecessor at Middleweight, in Anderson Silva, he eventually got caught.

I will give Izzy credit for being a very active Champ though, with few layoffs.
Adesanya called Manel Kape, a fellow black man, a "cracker ass" in the press conference for this fight and he used racial terms against a fan a while ago on social media. He also did some weird things with his dog which Strickland mocked him for.

Overall his behaviour is some of the worst in the UFC.

Arerequired

Mentor
When Jan beat Izzy, the excuses were acceptable; "Jan's a bigger man", "Izzy is inexperienced in grappling"; but Strickland is smaller than Izzy (Strickland fought at 170 lbs) and attempted 0 takedowns, yet still easily beat him. By consensus; it was 4 rounds to 1. It was a walkover.
Some DWFs and anti white racists are trying to say the UFC wanted Strickland as champ because he is white and has a big mouth. No the UFC does not, at least initially, want Strickland as champ, he was a late replacement and Dana made excuses for Izzy's underperformance.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Some DWFs and anti white racists are trying to say the UFC wanted Strickland as champ because he is white and has a big mouth. No the UFC does not, at least initially, want Strickland as champ, he was a late replacement and Dana made excuses for Izzy's underperformance.
I always expect that when a White fighter wins. That's why it's important to always back White fighters.

And I was unaware of Izzy's recent behavior, as I had gained some respect for him calling out the COVID madness and for backing Dana and the UFC against the accusations of racism.