backrow

Hall of Famer
YLUBARFPLVCOTFZ.20070816021505.jpg

Tyler Roehl, NDSU Bison
# 40
Running Back - RB
Height: 5-10Weight: 233
Junior
Previous Affiliations : West Fargo HS(Jay Gibson)
Born: West Fargo, N.D.

i think he deserves his own thread after the game he's had last week. Player of the Week according to Sport Illustrated, USA Today and ESPN U.

210763293-L.jpg

his stats so fart this year (7 games)

RUSHINGGP Att Gain Loss NetAvg TD Long Avg/G
--------------------------------------------------------
Tyler Roehl7 141 101318 9957.1 1477 142.1

RECEIVING GP No. YdsAvg TD Long Avg/G
------------------------------------------------------
Tyler Roehl7 131168.9&nbs p;0  30 16.6

Edited by: backrow

G

Ranek played for SDSU. He was about 5'9 210 lbs. If I remember right he ran a 4.5 forty, benched over 400 lbs, and set nearly every strength and agility record for RB's at SDSU. He was the featured back 4 years and ran for 1,500 - 2,000 yards each year while averaging 6-8 yards per carry. He entered the Draft the same year as Lamar Gordon(NDSU RB). He had better numbers in every single category as Gordon, including 40 time. He played against exactly the same teams. Gordon got drafted in the 3rd round and had a long NFL career, he may still be playing somewhere. Ranek got drafted in the 7th round and was cut immediately.

Roehl will be looked at closely by NFL teams because he can be used at fullback. I predict he may be as high as a 3rd-4th round pick.Edited by: mr.wonderfull

whiteCB

Master
WOW!! I can't believe no one has made a thread about this guy earlier. His stats are phenomenal with a 7.1 YPC! It's a shame he already weighs 230 becuase now the NFL will already be thinking "uh oh 230 white collegiate RB he's too slow. we should just bulk him up a bit more and make him a FB"
smiley11.gif

Gi-15

Mentor
mr.wonderfull said:
Ranek played for SDSU. He was about 5'9 210 lbs. If I remember right he ran a 4.5 forty, benched over 400 lbs, and set nearly every strength and agility record for RB's at SDSU. He was the featured back 4 years and ran for 1,500 - 2,000 yards each year while averaging 6-8 yards per carry. He entered the Draft the same year as Lamar Gordon(NDSU RB). He had better numbers in every single category as Gordon, including 40 time. He played against exactly the same teams. Gordon got drafted in the 3rd round and had a long NFL career, he may still be playing somewhere. Ranek got drafted in the 7th round and was cut immediately.

Roehl will be looked at closely by NFL teams because he can be used at fullback. I predict he may be as high as a 3rd-4th round pick.

thanks for the info about ranek!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
mr.wonderful did a good job of pointing out how phenomenal Josh Ranek was. but despite his stellar credentials he was completey snubbed by the NFL.

i've written extensively about Ranek in the past, but here is an old thread devoted to him from before i came to Caste Football... link.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tyler is one of many standout players in 1-AA, D-II, and D-III that I have been following and posting stats on for at least a couple of seasons. You'd think that seeing his stats over a long period of time would have been enough reason for someone to have started a thread about him long before now. There are so many of these guys at the lower levels that most would be overlooked if I started a thread about each one. I guess you have to beat a "big time program" before you get noticed, even on CF. After all, those small programs just have a bunch of guys that can't compete and aren't worth our time and effort, right?
smiley2.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
not really Col, but me for example, i had no idea what level do these guys play at, and what's the competition like. seeing Chadron State game and watching highlights of NDSU i realized just how good they can be. NFL good, in my opinion.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I know what you mean backrow. I realize a lot of us at CF don't follow college football that much. I guess I expect a lot, maybe too much. Its just hard for me to believe that I am one of just a literal handful of people in the US who try to keep up with white football players at small schools. Technology will be our friend in the future when it comes to finding even more white talent at the small college level. With the extensiveness of the Caste System at the 1A level, we can rest assured that most of the star white RBs, CBs, QBs, and WRs in the lower divisions are really good, no matter the level of competition. Many of them are victims of geography and/or Caste-aways just like Danny and Tyler. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Whats this kids 40 time?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
NFL draft scout.com says he ran a 4.63 by their watch. He has run a 4.56 in the past though. Not too bad I'd say.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
well, if he runs a 4.63, then how slow are all those supposed "sprinters" that make up the Minnesota secondary?
smiley36.gif
i'm sure when they were recruited, the coaching staff hyped 'em all up to run sub-4.4s. yet, we saw Tyler running right past them the whole game, not to mention the receivers and other running backs.

methinks, the Gopher boys will not be winning any track meets any time soon... well, at least not any with white men competing in 'em.
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

bigman

Guru
Jimmy Chitwood said:
well, if he runs a 4.63, then how slow are all those supposed "sprinters" that make up the Minnesota secondary?
smiley36.gif
i'm sure when they were recruited, the coaching staff hyped 'em all up to run sub-4.4s. yet, we saw Tyler running right past them the whole game, not to mention the receivers and other running backs.

While the Gopher staff were running around the country recruiting right under their nose were the players that would stomp all over their prize recruits.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
NFL draft scout.com says he ran a 4.63 by their watch. He has run a 4.56 in the past though. Not too bad I'd say.

and he reportedly got faster and stronger before this year, hic coach can't stress it enough.

backrow

Hall of Famer
according to Bison forums, he wasn't 100% and coach decided not to play him versus inferior Southern Utah

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Makes sense to me. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
No, he isn't white. Thanks for the heads up, because I made the same mistake a few weeks ago. Watching football for 12 hours will do that to you!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Tyler ran 22 times for 100 yards and a touchdown today in a hard fought victory for North Dakota State. He also had 4 receptions for 38 yards as they are now 10-0!
What a season for ND State and Tyler is the main reason now. This kid is quite the talent!

backrow

Hall of Famer
this is from nfldraftbible.com, written by Josh Buchanan:

FB TYLER ROEHL, NORTH DAKOTA STATE, 5094, 233, 4.64 40
Roehl came out of nowhere to earn All-American and 1st team All-Great West honors in 2007 with an outstanding season. His 21 touchdowns and 1,431 yards on 6.9 yards per carry were very impressive. He lacks ideal bulk but has speed and has proven to be a good receiver out of the backfield. His only medical concern known is his broken leg in spring ball that forced him to redshirt in 2005. He will enter the season as a potential 7th to priority free agent type.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
backrow said:
this is from nfldraftbible.com, written by Josh Buchanan:

FB TYLER ROEHL, NORTH DAKOTA STATE, 5094, 233, 4.64 40
Roehl came out of nowhere to earn All-American and 1st team All-Great West honors in 2007 with an outstanding season. His 21 touchdowns and 1,431 yards on 6.9 yards per carry were very impressive. He lacks ideal bulk but has speed and has proven to be a good receiver out of the backfield. His only medical concern known is his broken leg in spring ball that forced him to redshirt in 2005. He will enter the season as a potential 7th to priority free agent type.

He lacks "ideal bulk" but "has speed" for a future blocking fullbackto be. Pure racial slotting, thanks Caste System. Wonder what would happen if all the white high school and college running backs started deliberately having hands of stone and an inability to block. When black that makes them a featured runner; when white, long snapper material.

White Power

Mentor
I think that Tyler will be given a chance to run with the ball if he times well in the 40. Remember I'm the one who said that Jacob Hester already knew that he would be taken to play running back. I think the success of Hester and Leonard will bolster other white running backs. It's like Bum Phillips said a while back "some times knocking on the door does not always open it sometime you have to kick it down". The fact that they list him as dfaftable already means if he has a good season then his draft stock will go up I beleive. The best thing that could happen is for Tomlison to get hurt and for Hester to run for 1000 yards it could happen. Hester and Leonard doing well kicks the door down for others to follow.

cole22

Uguys keep talking about his 40 time but i dnt think it really matters if he gets it done on the field. Roehl has what i would call football speedwhere he runs faser when ppl are chasing him and u kno the cardinals recieber anquan bolden, he ran a 4.70 at the combine and hes one of the best in the nfl

White Power

Mentor
Update, on a recent web site they listed his speed at 4.49 plenty fast enough to run the ball at the next level.

jared

Mentor
cole22 said:
U guys keep talking about his 40 time but i dnt think it really matters if he gets it done on the field. Roehl has what i would call football speedwhere he runs faser when ppl are chasing him and u kno the cardinals recieber anquan bolden, he ran a 4.70 at the combine and hes one of the best in the nfl

The posters on this site know that Roehl has the necessary skills to play RB in the NFL. Unfortunately, we see every year that white RBs, WRs, and DBs have to do far more than their black counterparts to get noticed. Only black WRs and RBs are allowed to run a 4.6 40 and expect to get a shot. For a white player, that's a ticket to the Arena Football League.