Travel

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
It's been a while since I was able to get some traveling in and enjoy a vacation. Monetarily im limited but I plan on taking a few trips this summer to the Wisconsin northwoods and get some boating,fishing,outdoors time in. I would also like to visit Kentucky,North Carolina and Colorado in the next few years!

What places have you guys been at home or abroad?! Favorite meals or sites to see?!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I can't say I've been everywhere like Johnny Cash, but I've been to quite a few places here in the States and around the world. I prefer more out of the way places that aren't quite so full of people as the usual large tourist traps. I also like to visit more popular places during the slow seasons. I'll not bloviate about all of them, but I will mention a couple of places I'd recommend at least going through or stopping in (if not staying in) in the states that you mentioned you want to visit. Western Kentucky has tobacco farms (as does NC) with their cool old sheds that are sometimes open so you can see the hanging tobacco. There's also a few Amish around the area and the Jefferson Davis Monument in Fairview (tallest unreinforced concrete structure in the world) is worth a look. The Middlesboro, KY area is also worth going through, as the beautiful Cumberland Gap is nearby and the Virginia and Tennessee state lines. You could head southeast from there and enter NC from the Smoky Mountain National Park. I recommend the Balsam Mountain campground (over 1 mile in elevation, beautiful sunrises). Colorado is nice anytime of year, not just for skiing in the winter. Heading south on Hwy. 50 from Grand Junction through Delta to Montrose is a nice drive, and on down Hwy. 145 or 550 through the awesome mountains toward the four corners area (just keep in mind that the four corners monument is actually in the wrong place, about and a mile and a half off). I'd also throw in the entire Yellowstone/Grand Tetons area as a place to visit, with plenty of antelope, mule deer, moose, bison, and elk to see depending on the time of year. There is some good eating in Jackson, Wyoming. I prefer Yellowstone just before it closes for the winter. Hopefully this will give you some ideas for future travels.

boating,fishing,outdoors time in. I would also like to visit North Carolina..
What places have you guys been at home or abroad?!

Celtic,
Re: North Carolina, u might like the Outer Banks area (Nags Head, etc). They have a good mix of historical sites (Wright Brothers, Lost Colony) and outdoor, beach things. It's relatively secluded, with a lot of rental houses, so it doesn't get packed or ghetto like a lot of the beaches in the southeast. But they still have enough motel rooms. The scenery is kind of nice & desolate in spots, with the wild dunes. There's decent surfing & bodyboarding as u get down toward Hatteras..

Personally, I love Gettysburg. It's like a heavy pilgrimage for me everytime I visit. But I keep going back.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the replies guys! Definitely will make an emphasis to check out some of the places you've mentioned. I've passed through the Appalachians before but would love more down time to explore. I hear the Carolinas,Kentucky, and Tennessee is beautiful country. Love to make it down to Ozarks in Missouri and Arkansas.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Celtic,
Re: North Carolina, u might like the Outer Banks area (Nags Head, etc). They have a good mix of historical sites (Wright Brothers, Lost Colony) and outdoor, beach things. It's relatively secluded, with a lot of rental houses, so it doesn't get packed or ghetto like a lot of the beaches in the southeast. But they still have enough motel rooms. The scenery is kind of nice & desolate in spots, with the wild dunes. There's decent surfing & bodyboarding as u get down toward Hatteras..

Personally, I love Gettysburg. It's like a heavy pilgrimage for me everytime I visit. But I keep going back.

Nags head,cool sounds like a possible spring break destination next year!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Try Destin Fl. A hidden gem. The ocean is great (clear and warm). The area is clean and nothing but White people, living and working at the establishments. Great place.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
The northeastern part of Georgia is a favorite of mine. With Tallulah Gorge in Habersham county (where they filmed part of "Deliverance"), Brasstown Bald (GA's highest point) between Union & Towns counties, and Helen with it's Bavarian theme. It's best to visit NE GA in the spring or fall (when the leaves change). The NW part of GA features many historic sites of the war between the states (such as Dalton, Tunnel Hill, Dug Gap, Resaca, Adairsville, Allatoona Pass, Kennesaw Mountain & Atlanta (the Cyclorama, etc.).

Last edited:

Ladyfiaran

Whatever you do, don't go to Miami. My grandma lives there so we have to visit, it's hot and humid as Hell, huge bugs, bad traffic, no one speaks English outside of the tourist stuff it's a huge ghetto. My British friend wants to see the beaches but I told her to go somewhere else

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Very cool thread. Deserves a bump!

Im actually currently on a Holiday on Vancouver Island. Took a week off work and came out here with a friend. We spent 3 nights in Vancouver together then he flew back to Toronto. I took the boat from Vancouver to Victoria, rented a car and spent the past few days in Tofino and Ucluelet which is right on the Pacific coastline and has a vibrant surfing community.

Vancouver is pretty awesome because compared to the rest of Canada's major cities is very warm. Ive lived in Montreal and Toronto and every single winter in those places is absolutely brutal. Im talking like -50 celsius brutal.

In the winter of 2013-14, just before I moved from Toronto to Calgary (where I now live) we had some days that were so god damn cold it was just unbelievable. I think the temperature was -35 but with wind chill felt close to -50. Toronto and Montreal are both good cities but not a fan of the harsh winters out East.

Vancouver is quite a big change from that. Rarely goes below +3 or +4 here. Pretty much no snow here any time of the year. Even in Calgary since ive been here the winters have been easy.

Ive been all over Canada. Ive spent a lot of time in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec. From my travels Id recommend Banff, AB and Vancouver Island as the best places to visit in Canada. Summer months is the best time to visit. Parts of Ontario and Quebec are nice too, but you need to visit in summer. But overall I think Banff and Vancouver Island truly are the best Canada has to offer!

The movie "The Revenant" which just came out starring Leo di Caprio was filmed almost entirely in the Banff, AB area. The movie was nominated for 12 Academy Awards. The movie was noted for its stunning visuals. The scenes were shot about 45 minute drive West of Calgary, AB in what is known as Kananaskis Country. This is a forested area just before the Rocky Mountains begin. Very beautiful place!

Banff is a further 20 or so minutes from where the movie was shot right in the mountains. I go up there usually 2 to 3 times a month and the scenery is fantastic just like the movie. Theres also a lot of wildlife... Deer, wolf, elk, grizzly bear, moose. Need to be very careful when driving.

Last edited:
For some reason there is really a lot of White Male - Asian Female couples in Vancouver and the surrounding area. You also see a lot of this in Banff and Calgary/Edmonton. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. Like wow, a lot. I guess its aWest Coast thing?

Ive lived in Torontoand you also see it there but maybe not quite as much.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
More on the West Coast because there are more Orientals there. I've been saying it for years -- while racially aware White reactionaries still focus almost solely on black-white dynamics, Asians are the minority that's going to take over North America if current trends continue. Not blacks, not hispanics, but Asians. Why? They are a huge portion of the world's population, they're smart and hard working, the Democrat-Republican one-party system has opened the U.S. (as has its counterparts in Canada) to unlimited numbers of them, and more and more White men see oriental females as the only feasible alternative to feminist-infected White women.

It's shocking how many Orientals are now in Pittsburgh. Before a decade ago, Pittsburgh was one of the few urban centers that was all White (80%) and black (20%), with no other minorities. The local PTB bitched and moaned about the area's lack of "diversity," with the result that Carnegie Mellon and the University of Pittsburgh now have an incredible amount of Asian students, mostly from China. Even a small college like LaRoche in suburban Pittsburgh now has astonishing numbers of non-White students, from the Middle East, India and Pakistan, Black Africa, SE Asia, and other places. Hospitals and IT industries in Pittsburgh are overflowing these days with non-White employees.

When I grew up in Pittsburgh, my suburban high school class had 750 graduates, every last one of them White, as hard as that may be to believe. Now, my old high school has a lot of Orientals, Indians and Pakis, and some blacks. In eastern Pennsylvania, there are zillions of Mexicans and other hispanics, and a growing number of Orientals.

Just watch the "mainstream" media -- Orientals have been "mainstreamed" in the blink of an eye time-wise, and there are still two billion or so of them in Asia, a significant portion of which want to migrate to the U.S. and Canada.

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
More on the West Coast because there are more Orientals there. I've been saying it for years -- while racially aware White reactionaries still focus almost solely on black-white dynamics, Asians are the minority that's going to take over North America if current trends continue. Not blacks, not hispanics, but Asians. Why? They are a huge portion of the world's population, they're smart and hard working, the Democrat-Republican one-party system has opened the U.S. (as has its counterparts in Canada) to unlimited numbers of them, and more and more White men see oriental females as the only feasible alternative to feminist-infected White women.

It's shocking how many Orientals are now in Pittsburgh. Before a decade ago, Pittsburgh was one of the few urban centers that was all White (80%) and black (20%), with no other minorities. The local PTB bitched and moaned about the area's lack of "diversity," with the result that Carnegie Mellon and the University of Pittsburgh now have an incredible amount of Asian students, mostly from China. Even a small college like LaRoche in suburban Pittsburgh now has astonishing numbers of non-White students, from the Middle East, India and Pakistan, Black Africa, SE Asia, and other places. Hospitals and IT industries in Pittsburgh are overflowing these days with non-White employees.

When I grew up in Pittsburgh, my suburban high school class had 750 graduates, every last one of them White, as hard as that may be to believe. Now, my old high school has a lot of Orientals, Indians and Pakis, and some blacks. In eastern Pennsylvania, there are zillions of Mexicans and other hispanics, and a growing number of Orientals.

Just watch the "mainstream" media -- Orientals have been "mainstreamed" in the blink of an eye time-wise, and there are still two billion or so of them in Asia, a significant portion of which want to migrate to the U.S. and Canada.

You're completely right. Immigration from non white lands over last 50 years have completely decimated America 1.0 culture. It saddens me and angers me, but like others have mentioned it's too late to do anything. Most whites are too spineless to take a Stand to acknowledge the changing demographics. Hell white liberals welcome the new invaders with open arms!! Trump offers slight hope..