Train with smaller rims?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
to become a better shooter

The basketball rims today in indoor gyms and college basketball and NBA arenas are huge. This has been combined with the "shooter" role being given wholesale to blacks.

Like most youth, I grew up shooting on the outdoor courts with the wooden back-boards and metal rims. I don't believe those rims were huge 20-years-ago. I wasn't that good with the wood back-board.

I then graduated to the indoor gym with the clear back-boards and I was a different shooter. I loved kissing 3-pointers off the glass!

The equipment these days, which include a possible conspiracy to compensate for blacks having below average eye-hand coordination, has made the game too easy. Even so, it's amazing that many blacks still can't hit free throws and jump shots (lay ups and dunks at times also). Since Whites and blacks are using the same baskets in college and NBA, I have NO excuses for Whites that can't shoot when given minutes. For the most part, to avoid this, White shooters have been "disappeared" entirely. I've seen many White-haters on various websites admit that Whites can shoot, but "can't do anything else." The superior eye-hand coordination of Whites is hard to sweep under the rug, it is simply too established in Olympic shooting, archery, etc.

Do Europeans train with smaller rims when they are youngsters? Andrea Bargnani can SHOOT!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
At first I thought this had something to do with cars...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
At first I thought this had something to do with cars...

Me too Shogun!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Either that or some new kind "environmentally friendly" train.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
at least since i was a boy, basketball rims have remained the same size. they are actually large enough to fit 2 basketballs through, side-by-side, at the same time. kind of hard to believe if you've not seen it. but i digress.

many basketball coaches actually have goals set up during practice that have smaller rims, usually for free throw shooting practice. i have my doubts about how helpful they are, but regardless of whether or not such rims help a shooter improve there are plainly two factors that make a good shooter:

1) natural talent; ie. superior hand-eye coordination (which white folks have a natural edge in) and
2) lots, and lots, and lots of practice.

the term "gym rat" is almost exclusively directed at white shooters, and is usually conveyed with a negative connotation meaning the white player lacks physical talent. while sometimes this may be an accurate description, basketball is first and foremost a game of skill. highly skilled players who are limited physically often beat physically gifted players who aren't skilled. shooting, however, requires one to engage in hour upon hour of practice in order to become a consistent marksman. and regardless of one's natural affinity or race, becoming a shooter doesn't happen without hard work.

but despite this fact, hard-working white kids (even talented ones) are often disparaged in favor of supposedly physically superior, but lazy, black ones. the examples of this are too numerous to mention.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I think whites in Europe are jsut stressed the fundamentals of basketball that their Ametican counterparts. Most players cannot coast on by with their talent to get in the NBA. To get noticed by scouts no matter how athletic they may be, they have to have a variety of skills in their arsenal. To me this explains some of the big men who can really step back and shoot the ball.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
at least since i was a boy, basketball rims have remained the same size. they are actually large enough to fit 2 basketballs through, side-by-side, at the same time. kind of hard to believe if you've not seen it. but i digress.

many basketball coaches actually have goals set up during practice that have smaller rims, usually for free throw shooting practice. i have my doubts about how helpful they are, but regardless of whether or not such rims help a shooter improve there are plainly two factors that make a good shooter:

1) natural talent; ie. superior hand-eye coordination (which white folks have a natural edge in) and
2) lots, and lots, and lots of practice.

the term "gym rat" is almost exclusively directed at white shooters, and is usually conveyed with a negative connotation meaning the white player lacks physical talent. while sometimes this may be an accurate description, basketball is first and foremost a game of skill. highly skilled players who are limited physically often beat physically gifted players who aren't skilled. shooting, however, requires one to engage in hour upon hour of practice in order to become a consistent marksman. and regardless of one's natural affinity or race, becoming a shooter doesn't happen without hard work.

but despite this fact, hard-working white kids (even talented ones) are often disparaged in favor of supposedly physically superior, but lazy, black ones. the examples of this are too numerous to mention.

Informative post.

There's no logical reason for Shooting Guard to be a super-black position in college and the NBA. There should be more White SG's compared to White bigs -- since SG's don't need to be very tall (or at least black one's don't...).

Also, many White guards have a quick release and can shoot with a hand in their face. It's ridiculous how Marxist the Cali colleges are. Creighton and Drake can find White shooters, but many of the Cali colleges are so pro-black. Programs like Cal-State Fullerton are pathetically black. Stanford has become quarter-black/mulatto U. Their player - Fields - looks like Great Leader (pause) OBAMA. To me, he does.

"White Privilege"