Tornado story.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/06/ 01/mmqb/index.html?eref=T1[/url]

A moving piece from si.com's Peter King. Aaron Kampman's grandfather's house was destroyed in a tornado that killed seven in Parkersburg, Iowa. The Kampmans are a kind family, and his grandfather was quoted to say "God is good to me" after waking up, alive, in the hospital. Aaron himself has been on numerous Christian missionary trips around the world as a goodwill ambassador. He also stayed in Iowa to aid in the cleanup effort.

My prayers go out to the families of the deceased and the homeless, and my hat goes off to the volunteers who are helping to rebuild; people like Aaron Kampman.
Edited by: PhillyBirds

guest301

Hall of Famer
I was already a big fan of Kampman before I read this article, now I am a huge fan. There's nothing like living in a small town and the friends you make and the roots you put down. I think people care about each other more in small towns and don't get lost in the crowd like you do in a big city. Small town America still largely has it's old fashioned values, it's the rest of the country that's getting flushed down the toilet.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
for Kampman and all the others that came out to help.