Top Heavyweights Today

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
My top ten list for heavyweights looks like this. First is Wlad, Vitali, Povetkin, Chagaev, Dimitrenko, Valuev, Ibragimov, Chris Arreola, Boystov, and Sam Peter. That puts 8 whites in the top ten, 1 hispanic and 1 black. That is not bad at all. I would have had Platov in there but he has been inactive for a while. There are also other good white prospects like Brian Minto, Kali Meehan, and Jd Chapman. Chapman must start facing tougher competition real soon if he would like to get his career rolling. I'm interested in hearing everyone's opinions.

Blue Devils

Mentor
My top ten list is
1. Wladimir Klitschko
2. Vitali Klitschko
3. Ruslan Chagaev
4. Nikolai Valuev
5. Alexander Povetkin
6. Sam Peter
7. Sultan Ibragimov
8. Juan Carlos Gomez
9. Alexander Dimitrenko
10. Oleg Maskaev

I believe Chapman retired although I'm not sure.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Also just saw this on Youtube and not sure if it's true. Anyone know how to verify this information.In the Heavyweight professional rankings:
There are 293 white american boxers. There are 198 African-American boxers.
There are 30 Russians boxers and there are 26 Ukraine boxers.......Still, the people who rank at the top are Russians, Ukrainians and African(americans).

j41181

Master
I think someone really wants denigrate White Boxers. There are only 3 white American Heavyweights I can think of: Mike Mollo, Mike Marrone, and Ty Fields. All 3 so far have suffered bad defeats. Black afro-ams are not doing any better. "Great Black Hope" David Haye just pounded Monte Barrett into retirement, and Hasim Rahman has overwhelming odds against W. Klitschko. Haye is a British Black. An interesting heavyweight prospect is Roman Greenberg, a white British Jew.

293 White American Boxers? They must be FOOTBALL cast outs.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
J41181, the 293 white american boxers would refer to all professional boxers. If you lookon boxrec it has 1095 total professionals. Now there are tons of fighters out there we have never heard of.Granted these fighters probably have records of like 5-10 or even worse but they are still professionals. Im interested in finding out exactly how many whites and blacks there are out of those 1095 professionals. Anyone know how I could research this?