Top European Juniors

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hereis a listof the top European Juniors so far for 2010. There are alot of guys on this list who have the potential to become world class as seniors if they continue to develop. One example is Julien Watrin or Belgium. He has already run 10.39 at only 17 years of age. He also is a very fine 200 meters guy too so he has plenty of speed endurance which can only help him at the senior level in the future. Many guys on this list have great potential. Here is the list. We will have to keep a close eye on these young up and coming european sprinters!

http://www.tilastopaja.org/db/toplist.php?list=fulltoptbeuroU20&All=0&Ind=0&top=30&Season=2010

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am going to post a video of Julien Watrin. I started the Lemaitre thread before anyone knew who he was. I see so much potential in this kid that I am going to start an individual thread for him as well. He is tall, has great form and he is going to be a star. His high knee lift is incredible for a 17 year old! Watch out for this kid as well as many of the guys on this list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcgeKjJ6Els&feature=related

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Felix Goltl is another young German Sprinter with talen similar to Robert Herring. He has already run 10.32 and 20.86 for very nice personal bests at the age of 19!

Felix Göltl sprints in the German top <B ="News_Details">"I can not even grasp even" - that was the phrase of the day at the start of the Hessian State Championships on Saturday in Wetzlar.[/B] <B ="News_Details">Felix Göltl (TuS Kriftel sprinted) over 100 meters in 10.32 seconds for the sensational title - and the purely German in the middle top.[/B]

<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; MARGIN-TOP: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0pt; WIDTH: 120px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 0pt">
<DIV id=caption23196_1276966415205>Felix Göltl sorgte für kratzte an der EM-Norm (Foto: Gantenberg) Felix Göltl took care of scratching at the EM-norm (Photo: Gantenberg)

Pre-and intermediate fraction loose and he had graduated in long pants. In the final, grabbed Felix Göltl then after 20 meters of the Turbo: 10.32 seconds, exactly the same rate had been running this season in Germany so far only the Munich Tobias Unger. The EM-norm so that he missed by only two hundredths.

By setting the fastest time of the German annual Krifteler had never expected. "I can not describe it.I would not have thought that today I remain in 10.40 seconds, my goal this year really was the final race at the German Championships, "beamed Felix Göltl after the ceremony.But rest after the great success it is not: "Tomorrow I will run the 200 meter course, more and attack again," laughs the U20 European Champion with the season of 2009.

Edited by: white lightning

mastermulti

Master
here's another top performer. North country Englishman Jack Meredith is 17 and has just run 13.32(0.3) for the 99cms 110hurdles.
This puts him at no.7 all time

MeredithEdited by: mastermulti

white lightning

Hall of Famer
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=20 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>
<H2>Martynas JurgilasLithuania 5 September 88- - Club/team: Kaunas
</H2>
<TR>
<TD>Age:21 years 303 days
<H2></H2>

PERSONAL BESTS:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=4 align=top></TD>
<T>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=7 align=top>60 m Winstreak:1(finals) </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Indoor[/B]</TD>
<TD>6.68</TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>Univ Ch</TD>
<TD>Kaunas</TD>
<TD>28 February 2009</TD></TR></TD>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=7 align=top>100 m Winstreak:1(finals) </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Outdoor[/B]</TD>
<TD>10.27</TD>
<TD>NUR</TD>
<TD>0.3</TD>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD>Liberty MO</TD>
<TD>13 June 2010</TD></TR></TD>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=7 align=top>200 m </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Outdoor[/B]</TD>
<TD>21.81</TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD>-2.2</TD>
<TD>h</TD>
<TD>SELL</TD>
<TD>Jurmala</TD>
<TD>23 May 2009</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Indoor[/B]</TD>
<TD>22.35</TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD>2-19</TD>
<TD>Bal v RUS</TD>
<TD>Kaunas</TD>
<TD>3 March 2007</TD></TR></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
SEASONAL BESTS 2009:

<TABLE =maintable border=0 cellSpacing=4 align=top></TD>
<T>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=7 align=top>60 m
<TR>
<TD>Indoor[/B]</TD>
<TD>6.68</TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>Univ Ch</TD>
<TD>Kaunas</TD>
<TD>28 February 2009</TD></TR></TD>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=7 align=top>100 m
<TR>
<TD>Outdoor[/B]</TD>
<TD>10.41</TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD>1.0</TD>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>Club Ch</TD>
<TD>Å iauliai</TD>
<TD>5 June 2009</TD></TR></TD>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=7 align=top>200 m
<TR>
<TD>Outdoor[/B]</TD>
<TD>21.81</TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD>-2.2</TD>
<TD>h</TD>
<TD>SELL</TD>
<TD>Jurmala</TD>
<TD>23 May 2009</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a race by the German Daniel Schnelting today. He is no longer a junior but still a german sprinter to keep an eye on. He won the 200 in a time of 20.61 into a -0.9 wind. Wow is thisguy good!

<H2 ="t4__element_full__h2">Daniel Schnelting sprints in Bottrop norm </H2><B ="News_Details">Daniel Schnelting (LAZ has Rhede) Friday evening at the fourth edition of the international athletics meeting in Bottrop, the EM-norm over 200 meters at the meet.[/B]<B ="News_Details">Once again achieved the Leipziger hurdler Alexander John.[/B]

<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; MARGIN-TOP: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0pt; WIDTH: 120px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 0pt">
<DIV id=caption16390_1278707989090>Daniel Schnelting knackte die EM-Norm (Foto: Krebs) Daniel Schnelting cracked the EM-norm (Photo: Cancer)

The focus was around a week before the German Championships in Braunschweig (17/18. July) the same for several German athletes already hunting for the standards for the European Championships in Barcelona (Spain, July 27 to August 1).

At the end of the gala, the audience saw more than 200 yards a free and loose running Schnelting Daniel.At 20.61 seconds (wind: -0.9 m / sec) remained are the Clock.He stayed four hundredths less than the required standard EM.

"The race itself has felt really good," said the 24-year-old."Now I can run loose in Brunswick.Sebastian Ernst will probably not be beat.But who knows: If championships, everything is possible, "said Daniel Schnelting, who positioned himself so clearly.He had in Bottrop before the race did not believe in such an outcome: "heat and wind - I had checked off the days already."Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We are only around a little over a week to go until the Junior Championships. I'm looking forward to it. Alot of young talent coming up in the sprints and in some of the other events. Even a guy like Jack Meridith in the 110 hurdles. This is going to be fun to watch!