Tomasz Adamek

JD074

Master
That's a good point, as well. I was thinking purely about Adamek's financial self-interest, regardless of Hopkins, but that's another good reason not to fight Hopkins for $500,000. I don't really follow PPV numbers, tickets sold, etc., all that much. I hear about them occasionally, typically when someone complains about a fight not doing very well.
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Matt Godrey? That is an absolute joke. Adamek will destroy him in less than 6 rounds. I would really like to have seen Adamek fight Glen Johnson. At least Johnson would be somewhat competetive.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Godfrey should be a much easier fight for Adamek than Cunningham or Banks. I would like to see Adamek get some more high profile fights in the future. I would have liked to see him fight Glen Johnson. If Wlodarczyk wins this weekend a unification bout would be good as well.

Blue Devils

Mentor
From ESPN's Dan Rafael

When a proposed July fight between cruiserweight champ Tomasz Adamek and Bernard Hopkins fizzled because vast differences in each side's expectations, it left neither fighter with anything significant on the horizon. That realization may lead to the fight being resurrected, although not for this summer.

HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg told ESPN.com that the fight is back on the radar.

"I think it's a good fight and we've talked a little about it," he said.

If it comes back together, HBO would prefer it happen in early 2010 given an already tight budget for the rest of 2009.

When the prospect of the fight in July died a few weeks ago, it left Hopkins with nothing in the works. Adamek, meanwhile, is scheduled to fight July 10 in Newark, N.J., but without a commitment from an American broadcaster.

Showtime and Main Events talked about Adamek-Matt Godfrey, but the network elected to pass on the "ShoBox" fight on Thursday.

According to Main Events, Adamek will still fight July 10 but without U.S. television. But because there is now less money in the pot, it means a further downgrade in opponent, possibly to club fighter Bobby Gunn.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
I don't get it. Is the fight with Godfrey off?
Yes, the executives at Showtime have decided they don't want to have it on Friday night's ShoBox.
smiley21.gif

They don't seem to want to televise Adamek's fights anymore - they also turned down Johnson vs Adamek, a fight that nearly all boxing fans wanted to see.

The Jewish Supremacists who make those decisions at Showtime decided they don't want to show Adamek, because he's been doing so well against black opponents lately (Bell, Cunningham, and Banks). Showing his fights is not in line with their agenda of spreading the false belief that white men can't fight.

So it seems Adamek will have to either fight in Europe, or fight a bum in a non-televised fight. Perhaps they should try to get back on Versus instead?

This week, I read that Polish sources have reported Adamek wants to fight Fragomeni. That would be a good one!Edited by: JD1986

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Looks like it will be Adamek vs. Bobby Gunn televised by Comcast (which probably means Versus, which is owned by Comcast).

Bobby Gunn (21-3-1, 18 KO, age 35) is a decent journeyman (however, I prefer to see Adamek fight black opponents). He's ranked #15 by the WBC and has won his last three (and five of his last six) by KO or TKO. His past four opponents have had winning records. He hasn't lost since he fought Maccarinelli, and that was perhaps an early stoppage loss.

Adamek vs. Gunn on July 11

JD1986 said "Yes, the executives at Showtime have decided they don't want to have it on Friday night's ShoBox.

They don't seem to want to televise Adamek's fights anymore - they also turned down Johnson vs Adamek, a fight that nearly all boxing fans wanted to see."

I agree 100% with this statement. There can be no other incentive not to show more of Adamek. Even Shobox declined to te;evise the Godfrey fight. That says it all for me.

1) Adamek knocks people out.
2) I have never seen him in a boring fight (Aside from the Dawson fight in which I believe Adamek was severely weight drained).
3) He has a sizeable fan base (and growing every fight with the huge population of poles both native to Poland and homegrown Poles right here in the U.S.
4) He is the Linear Champion of a weight division.
5) He is the Ring Magazine Cruiserweight champion.

All this and not even Fu*kin shobox will televise his fights. Problem is, Adamek decimates black fighters. I thought he killed Johnathon Banks (who seams to be a pretty decent dude) the way he knocked him out. The executives from the media HATE THAT sh*t. That is why you will never, AND I MEAN NEVER see a white fighter standing over a black fighter after knocking him out on the cover of a magazine like Sports Illustrated.

I am pissed the f*ck off. Adamek is a warrior who wants to fight the best. First Showtime refuses to show Adamek/Glenn Johnson which would be one hell of a tear up that the boxing world would love to see. To add insult to injury Showtime just showcased the Chad Dawson/Tarver fight that sucked ass. 12 rounds of posing and hugging.

Then Shobox (who should be honored to have a world champion of Adamek's caliber fight on their station) rejects a Godfrey/Adamek fight.

This is the same media that has hidden white dominance of the heavyweight division from the American public for the last 6-8 years. Now one can make a argument as to why not many of Vlad's or Vitali's fights were not showcased in the English speaking world. They can say they don't speak English very well, they can say the average English speaking person would not be able to relate to them, etc, etc, etc. On a personal level, I know the reason why neither of the Klitschko brother's were rarely ever showcased in the English speaking world. The reason is 100% racial. In Adamek's case, that argument is not even remotely possible.

And another thing while I am at it. Adamek has become one of my favorite fighters. He has basically cleaned out the cruiserweight division. He disposed of the former Champion O'neil Bell with Bell submitting after 7 rounds of action. He beats the man who was acknowledged by all the drunk white fans and their tribal overlords in Cunningham. Then he absolutely destroys a very good, heavy handed young upstart in Johnathon Banks. Adamek is thee most under rated fighter on the Planet today.
Reading the work of the so-called "experts" (most of which are rich college tribesman who have never put on a pair of boxing gloves) and drunkl white fans alike one would think that a fight with Hopkins would be virtual suicide for Adamek.
Hear me now, if Adamek fights Hopkins he will stop him. That is a fact. He will brutally stop him.
Some of Adamek's detractors will use the Kelly Pavlik fight as a indicator as to how any possible Adamek/Hopkins fight would play out. That is foolish bordering on insane.
In Pavlik you have a young lanky heavy handed upright middleweight who needs time to set. Rarely do you see Pavlik throw hard shote without setting his feet.
With Adamek you have a very big, very powerful, I mean very powerful cruiserweight who throws bombs with either hand with minimal foot setting. I think B-Hop knows that at 45 his ass will not walk out of the ring on his own power if he fights Adamek. Ademek is much, much stronger than Pavlik. Not taking anything away from Pavlik as he is the Middleweight king in my opinion. But Adamek is a whole different beast. Edited by: aussieaussie31

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hopkins wouldn't stand a chance with Adamek at cruiserweight. Hopkins doesn't have the strength that Adamek has. Hopkins would be slower as well with the added weight. I know Hopkins doesn't get knocked down but Adamek would have a legit chance at knocking him out.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Hopkins didn't have much power at 160-170, he would have even less at 200. With his loss of mobility and speed at 200, I think he would get bombed out.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
HBO's Ross Greenburg has just approved a fight between Chad Dawson and Glen Johnson.

Interesting how a fighter like Dawson, who wins boring decisions, has the opportunity to fight Johnson on TV, but an exciting fighter who KOs his opponents like Adamek is denied the opportunity.

Does Greenburg have something against white goyim boxers?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Didn't Dawson and Johnson fight a while back? Johnson is getting a rematch? I read in my local paper today that Showtime didn't have the funds for the license. Duva was told to get a less expensive fighter for Adamek.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Didn't Dawson and Johnson fight a while back? Johnson is getting a rematch? I read in my local paper today that Showtime didn't have the funds for the license. Duva was told to get a less expensive fighter for Adamek.

Duva tried to get Adamek-Johnson on both HBO and Showtime, and both turned it down.

But now HBO's Greenburg has decided to accept Dawson-Johnson.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Funny how they turned the fight down. Adamek always makes for interesting fights and his fight with Cunningham was one of the best of 2008. I was really looking forward to Adamek's next fight. I wasn't too thrilled about him fighting Godfrey because I think Adamek would have blown him out. Adamek-Johnson would have been a great fight. Giving Adamek an oppenent like Bobby Gunn at this point in his career is a huge slap in the face.Edited by: whiteathlete33

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Not allowing Adamek to fight Johnson is an example of Caste Boxing. It seems that they will only a match up or major broadcast if the black is favored.

JD074

Master
As a boxing fan, I want to see Dawson-Johnson II. It's a very necessary rematch. I thought Johnson won the first fight, and I'm not the only one by a long shot. Johnson deserves it. He's earned it. Of course, Adamek-Johnson would've been great, as well. Who wouldn't want to see that? But Dawson-Johnson II is a good fight, no doubt about it.

We shouldn't knock that fight. It isn't the problem. HBO airing Dawson-Tarver II is the problem! WTF was that?! I know they signed Dawson, I'm sure they wanted him on board as quickly as possible. But it's not like he's some huge draw anyway. It wouldn't be a big loss for HBO if he kept fighting on Showtime. They should have let him deal with the stupid rematch clause with Tarver, and try to sign him after that fight. HBO would be better off imitating Showtime and trying to get good Super-Middleweight fights. It's not like Light-Heavyweight is that interesting right now... aside from Dawson-Johnson II, of course.
smiley2.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Adamek-Johnson would have been a good fight and both fighters would get a decent payday. Adamek is just getting screwed at this point.