Tom Green (10.10)

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Tom made it to the finals of US 100m Championships a few years back. He must have been the 1st white guy to do that in a number of years.
I haven't really heard anything about him since then.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Same here.I think that he might have quit sprinting.I'm not sure but he seems to have disapeared.The only white us 100 meter sprinters that I know of running last season were Dusty Stamer and John Woods.Maybe he had a serious injury and he will show up again next season.I sure hope so as that is a very good p.b. I'm hoping that the kid out of Texas(Trey Griffen)might continue his hopes of being a professional sprinter now that he has his degree.

white is right

Hall of Famer
You know I am a hardcore follower of track and I have never heard heard of him(or maybe I did and thought he was black). If I knew he was a white American I would have probably remembered him, especially with a 10.10 pb(which might be the unofficial white record). Does anybody know when he ran collegiately?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think he graduated around 3 to 4 years ago.I believe he went to South Dakota or something.I will have to look it up.I remember in the Ncaa Finals,he and the kid out of Abilene Christian put on a show.Both of them ran in the low tens.

Alpha Male

Mentor
The article posted aboove lists his carrer, college, stats, etc. Notice when he is questioned about the lack of white sprinters he completely avoids the question. Anyway, i think the interviewer was a dick for asking him that. I think he is a good role model for white sprinters. According to this article, he is in serious training. He is coming back from a serious peck injury.

I plan on following some of his training advice and hope to compete in the Empire State Games next summer.

Here it is again:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tomgreen.htm Edited by: Alpha Male

surfsider

Guru
This is from a recap of the 2002 Div. II tracks chapionships:

San Angelo, Texas (May 23, 2002) - Tom Green, a senior from Hornick, Iowa, ran a :10.10 to win his preliminary 100-meter dash heat to break his own school record and advance to the finals on Thursday, May 23, at the 2002 NCAA Division II Outdoor Track & Field Championships in San Angelo, Texas. Green, who had the second-fastest preliminary time behind Abilene Christian's Christie VanWyk :)10.06), will compete in the finals at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 25.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I remember VanWyk whatever happened to him? I think he was Namibian and he looked like a potential white break out sprinter but he never developed beyond his NCAA days?

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure his 10.10 was wind aided.
I also think he ran in some small meets last year, but nothing noteworthy time wise.
Van Wyk...I don't know where he went.

surfsider

Guru
Wind was 3.6 in his semi:

Heat 3: (w:3.6): 1. Tom Green, South Dakota 10.10; 2. Jason Smoots, NCCentral 10.15

Final MEN'S 100 METER DASH&n bsp;&n bsp;&n bsp;&n bsp;&n bsp;
(w:3.0): 1. Jason Smoots, NC Central 10.07; 2. Christie VanWyk, Abilene
Christian 10.08; 3. Olan Coleman, Tarleton State 10.09; 4. Tom Green, South Dakota 10.15;

white is right

Hall of Famer
Oh okay now I remember this meet. Also because of the wind gauge the times were discounted. Still if Green did final at the US nationals he was near world class as most guys that final at that meet could at least semi-final at the worlds....