Toby Gerhart

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
He's up to 176 yards and the radio announcers are talking about how Toby will be back in the middle of the Heisman race if Stanford wins this game.

Colonel_Reb said:
He's up to 176 yards and the radio announcers are talking about how Toby will be back in the middle of the Heisman race if Stanford wins this game. 

smiley99.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
new Stanford rushing record, again set by Toby. and he will have a chance to make it muuuuch better before it's all said and done!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I called it. He looks so tired. It must be a pretty hot day in Cali and he has had to run the ball 30 times already. Hang in their brother. You are the man. I'm hoping he can move into the top 5 in rushing nationally after today!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Toby should easily move back into the top 5. He was 8th going into this game, and that's after the off week!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Toby is now just 12 yards away from the all time single game rushing record for Stanford, 220 yards.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Toby is just 5 yards away from the record now! He's currently second for a single game performance.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Toby just broke the Stanford single game rushing record!
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Gerhart is the top powerback in college football and arguably the best tailback period. Gerhart's like Beanie Wells, but I think his first few steps are even quicker, he falls forward even better (which is amazing) and is a little lighter on his feet than Beanie. Gerhart is VERY agile for a tailback his size. Stanford just won the game!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Toby's tally: 38 carries for a game, career, and Stanford single game rushing record 223 yards and 3 TDs!!!
smiley32.gif
smiley106.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Gerhart was like a man among boys today, against one of better rush defenses in the country. This guy should be a 1st round pick in the NFL draft no doubt, but somehow he is still ranked below Charles Scott (a poor man's Gerhart) and workout warrior C.J Spiller for senior tailbacks. I think Jake Sharp would still be having a better season than Spiller if he didn't get hurt and Sharp is a workout warrior as well, but without black skin privilege.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Gerhart is the top powerback in college football and arguably the best tailback period. Gerhart's like Beanie Wells, but I think his first few steps are even quicker, he falls forward even better (which is amazing) and is a little lighter on his feet than Beanie. Gerhart is VERY agile for a tailback his size. Stanford just won the game!

Good comparison. Peyton Hillis also comes to mind. Hopefully Gerhart will be much more durable than the fragile Wells should the NFL in its wise judgment deem Toby worthy of an opportunity.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Toby's tally: 38 carries for a game, career, and Stanford single game rushing record 223 yards and 3 TDs!!!
smiley32.gif
smiley106.gif

The previous record - 220 yards - was held by another white RB, Jon Volpe.
I think Stanford has had the most successful white RBs and white WRs of any university since the caste system went into effect.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Alot of fans were giving him credit today, except for a few, mainly Oregon fans so they probably were just upset they lost. Claimed he couldnt be a 20+ carry back in the NFL because he looked tired towards the end of the game (this is after having almost 40 carries for 223 yards)

I see no reason for Charles Scott to be ranked ahead of Gerhart. We have several tvs in the living room because I live with diehard LSU fans, and Scott is just not that good. He runs like a wuss against bigger defenses, cant imagine him doing anything in the NFL.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
ToughJ you are correct.  Toby is the best back period.  Luke Staley was the best back 7 years ago as well.  Here is some ridiculous information from Nfldraftscout.  Gerhart is compared to Brian Leonard.  What a surprise.  Jordan Shipley is compared to Brandon Stokley.  Decker is compared to Jordy Nelson.  McGaha is compared to Hass.  This is some funny stuff.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Way to go Gerhart! I really love this kid. He will do anything that is required to carry the team on his back and win the game. A moder day John Riggins. You could also compare him to Franco Harris, Larry Csonka, Jerome Bettis and Peyton Hillis. He has everything you need in a running back. I'm so happy he got the record. I can't wait to see how far he moves up on the national list.

To make it even better, my Wildcats won 48-7! Still on track for a possible Rose Bowl.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Grreat News! I work nights just got and ran to CF to see Toby's performance and highlights from you guys. Incredible. I was thinking this week if he can manage around 200 yards the remaining games he could have a chance to win the Heisman. So far the chances are great!

Colonel_Reb said:
Toby should easily move back into the top 5. He was 8th going into this game, and that's after the off week! 

If I'm not mistaken, he should go back up to number 2 for total yards, just ahead of Temple RB Benard Pierce. I'm sure this career game was a total confidence boost for Toby, and if he's the athlete we think he is I bet he will have three more monster games.

White Power

Mentor
I want to stay positive Brian Leonard was a 2nd round pick and he did not nearly have the stats that Gerhart is putting up. I think at worst Toby goes in the 2nd round at best a middle to late 1st rounder. Do not forget that Jim Harbaughs brother is the caoch of Baltimore. I look for the Ravens to take Toby on some inside brotherly information. That would make the Ravens nearly unbeatable with Flacco Gerhart and Rice controlling the football. I would have to think that if any one would listen to how good Toby is it would have to be coach Harbaughs brother who just happens to be the coach of Stanford. I just might be on to something I hope.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great point White Power. I sure hope your right. I have never liked the Baltimore Ravens but that would change quickly if Toby were to go there. I just want him to get drafted in the first round and go to a descent team where he is given every opportunity to start. He should not be a backup period. That always happens to our guys, or else they put on weight to block the rest of their lives.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Awesome day for the best TAILBACK in college football!
smiley32.gif
By all rights, he should be in everyone's top 3 for the Heisman, but we know how the caste masters won't allow that.
smiley7.gif

Wow super caste network ESPN (Exaggerating Sports Performance of Negroes) was even given praise to Gerhart on Sportscenter this morning. They said LaGarrett Blount was playing as Gerhart on the scout team last week. The anchor said "But that couldn't get them ready for the real thing," he also gave another compliment to Gerhart when they showed his athletic third TD.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Toby's stiffarm from heck!
Tobystiffarm-1.jpg

Running toward a record!
TobyOregon.jpg

Let's hope Toby will be allowed to earn this kind of adulation from NFL fans...
Tobyfans.jpg