Toby Gerhart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This article about Gerhart deals with race quite a bit, but the gist of it is that Toby should succeed as the Jaguars' starter.

Jaguars RB Toby Gerhart Believes He's Ready for Starting Role

by Gene Frenette

It’s understandable why Jaguars fans might look at the man projected as Maurice Jones-Drew’s replacement with a bit of skepticism. And not because he’s an NFL rarity as a white running back.

Toby Gerhart had long ago stiff-armed that stereotype, so that’s not the real issue for the Jaguars’ $10.5 million free-agent acquisition.

No, any uncertainty attached to Gerhart has to do with being a part-timer for four NFL seasons. That happens when above him on the Minnesota Vikings depth chart was Adrian Peterson, a superstar who endures one of the heaviest workloads of any feature back.

So Gerhart comes to the Jaguars as an unproven commodity, trying to replace a legend in Jones-Drew, who followed a bigger legend in Fred Taylor.

But upon closer examination of Gerhart’s resume, I’m not sure this will go down as a huge risk in general manager Dave Caldwell’s career.

“I had the skill set to be a [NFL] starter from the onset, but I was playing behind one of the best in the game,†Gerhart said of Peterson. “I’ve gotten comfortable with the speed of the game, but don’t have the wear and tear on my body of someone carrying it 250 times a year.

“I think I’m in a unique situation. Even though it’s my fifth year in the league, I can come in and be a dominant guy. I’m ready for my shot now.â€

Are you still skeptical? Well, before you dismiss Gerhart’s chances of being a worthy Jones-Drew replacement, understand that nothing about this 6-foot, 231-pound California native screams out “underachiever.â€

He was valedictorian of his class at Norco High, and before that distinction, he was named California’s Mr. Football after rushing for a state-record 9,662 yards. Only seven backs in the country have eclipsed that total, including Alabama’s Derrick Henry setting the national record (12,144 yards) when he was at Yulee.

At Stanford, now one of the nation’s elite programs, Gerhart was instrumental in the Cardinal’s pivotal turnaround season in 2009, rushing for a nation-high 1,871 yards and 28 touchdowns. He lost the Heisman Trophy to Alabama’s Mark Ingram by the smallest margin (28 points) ever.

In a culture where the Jaguars are looking to shed a recent history of losing, Gerhart’s history indicates you can do a lot worse than put the ball in his hands. South Florida head coach Willie Taggart, who was Gerhart’s running back coach for three years at Stanford, believes he can elevate the Jaguars like he did for the Cardinal when the San Francisco 49ers’ Jim Harbaugh was the boss.

“[Gerhart] was huge in what Harbaugh was trying to accomplish there,†said Taggart. “He wanted the mentality of a physical running game, and Toby was the epitome of that. Toby’s junior year set the tone for the Stanford program you see today.

“Everyone thinks it was just Toby running over people, but he made guys miss, too. He was fun to coach because he wanted to know what everyone was doing. He was infatuated with offensive line play. He’s the real deal. You don’t see many white running backs in the NFL, but he’s going to be a trendsetter.â€

Gerhart is no Jones-Drew, at least not from a personality standpoint. He’s more quiet and reserved, but isn’t shying away from his first entrance into the NFL spotlight. He fully embraces the challenge.

“There’s definitely pressure,†said Gerhart. “Maurice was a staple here and a great running back. Trying to come in his footsteps and his shadow is difficult. But I’m fired up about the chance to go out there and start.â€

In most instances, proven NFL running backs tend to establish themselves long before their fifth season. Gerhart had a season-high 109 carries for 531 yards in 2011, when he started four games for the injured Peterson. That’s his biggest NFL workload. The Jaguars are banking on his production not trailing off if Gerhart gets into the 240- to 300-carry range.

“When you watch plays he was involved in, he averaged 4.7 yards per carry [in the NFL],†said Caldwell. “I scouted him a lot coming out of college and had a really good understanding of him. I think he can be a really good fit for us on first and second down, in pass protection and catching the ball out of the backfield.â€

From Caldwell’s perspective, any intrigue about Gerhart isn’t his skin color. It’s what he’s done his whole life when given the chance to be a feature back.

Caldwell doesn’t look at the 27-year-old Gerhart and see Danny Woodhead or Peyton Hillis, among the few modestly productive white running backs in recent NFL seasons. He more likely visualizes Michael Turner, who rushed for 6,081 yards in five seasons (2008-12) during Caldwell’s time in the Atlanta Falcons’ front office.

Like Gerhart, Turner spent his first four seasons as a backup, playing behind San Diego Chargers star back LaDanian Tomlinson, then blossomed from ages 26-30, when he became Atlanta’s primary ballcarrier.

“I didn’t even think about [Gerhart being white],†said Caldwell. “You can’t even tell that on film anyway. Just watching him, he’s a gifted athlete. He’s a great pro — smart, tough and intelligent. You talk to anybody wherever he’s been. He handles his business and raises the level of expectations of everybody around him.â€

Caldwell isn’t giving Gerhart $4.5 million in guaranteed money to be generous. His instincts tell him Jones-Drew’s likely successor, who has heard the nickname “White Rhino†on a few occasions, will run with this chance.

Gerhart is a punishing back with respectable speed (4.53 seconds in the 40-yard dash). He admits he has to work on turning 5-yard runs into the 10- to 15-yard variety, which was a Jones-Drew specialty. All he asks is to be judged by his results.

“There’s definitely a stereotype about [being a white running back],†Gerhart said. “I was a running back all four years of high school, then some people talked about me becoming a linebacker or fullback. I think I’ve proven I can play running back.

“There’s going to be added pressure to prove yourself as a starter in the NFL, but I’m ready to show what I can do.â€

There were still reminders of Gerhart’s past when he arrived Wednesday at EverBank Field. He had a pair of Vikings shoulder pads in his locker, waiting for a replacement set.

Gerhart wore number 32 in Minnesota, the same as Jones-Drew, but will wear No. 21 with the Jaguars. Now if he can approach the numbers Jones-Drew put up on the field, then Gerhart can escape from being in anyone’s shadow.

http://members.jacksonville.com/spo...toby-gerhart-believes-hes-ready-starting-role

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This article about Gerhart deals with race quite a bit, but the gist of it is that Toby should succeed as the Jaguars' starter.

Jaguars RB Toby Gerhart Believes He's Ready for Starting Role

by Gene Frenette

It’s understandable why Jaguars fans might look at the man projected as Maurice Jones-Drew’s replacement with a bit of skepticism. And not because he’s an NFL rarity as a white running back.

Toby Gerhart had long ago stiff-armed that stereotype, so that’s not the real issue for the Jaguars’ $10.5 million free-agent acquisition.

No, any uncertainty attached to Gerhart has to do with being a part-timer for four NFL seasons. That happens when above him on the Minnesota Vikings depth chart was Adrian Peterson, a superstar who endures one of the heaviest workloads of any feature back.

So Gerhart comes to the Jaguars as an unproven commodity, trying to replace a legend in Jones-Drew, who followed a bigger legend in Fred Taylor.

But upon closer examination of Gerhart’s resume, I’m not sure this will go down as a huge risk in general manager Dave Caldwell’s career.

“I had the skill set to be a [NFL] starter from the onset, but I was playing behind one of the best in the game,†Gerhart said of Peterson. “I’ve gotten comfortable with the speed of the game, but don’t have the wear and tear on my body of someone carrying it 250 times a year.

“I think I’m in a unique situation. Even though it’s my fifth year in the league, I can come in and be a dominant guy. I’m ready for my shot now.â€

Are you still skeptical? Well, before you dismiss Gerhart’s chances of being a worthy Jones-Drew replacement, understand that nothing about this 6-foot, 231-pound California native screams out “underachiever.â€

He was valedictorian of his class at Norco High, and before that distinction, he was named California’s Mr. Football after rushing for a state-record 9,662 yards. Only seven backs in the country have eclipsed that total, including Alabama’s Derrick Henry setting the national record (12,144 yards) when he was at Yulee.

At Stanford, now one of the nation’s elite programs, Gerhart was instrumental in the Cardinal’s pivotal turnaround season in 2009, rushing for a nation-high 1,871 yards and 28 touchdowns. He lost the Heisman Trophy to Alabama’s Mark Ingram by the smallest margin (28 points) ever.

In a culture where the Jaguars are looking to shed a recent history of losing, Gerhart’s history indicates you can do a lot worse than put the ball in his hands. South Florida head coach Willie Taggart, who was Gerhart’s running back coach for three years at Stanford, believes he can elevate the Jaguars like he did for the Cardinal when the San Francisco 49ers’ Jim Harbaugh was the boss.

“[Gerhart] was huge in what Harbaugh was trying to accomplish there,†said Taggart. “He wanted the mentality of a physical running game, and Toby was the epitome of that. Toby’s junior year set the tone for the Stanford program you see today.

“Everyone thinks it was just Toby running over people, but he made guys miss, too. He was fun to coach because he wanted to know what everyone was doing. He was infatuated with offensive line play. He’s the real deal. You don’t see many white running backs in the NFL, but he’s going to be a trendsetter.â€

Gerhart is no Jones-Drew, at least not from a personality standpoint. He’s more quiet and reserved, but isn’t shying away from his first entrance into the NFL spotlight. He fully embraces the challenge.

“There’s definitely pressure,†said Gerhart. “Maurice was a staple here and a great running back. Trying to come in his footsteps and his shadow is difficult. But I’m fired up about the chance to go out there and start.â€

In most instances, proven NFL running backs tend to establish themselves long before their fifth season. Gerhart had a season-high 109 carries for 531 yards in 2011, when he started four games for the injured Peterson. That’s his biggest NFL workload. The Jaguars are banking on his production not trailing off if Gerhart gets into the 240- to 300-carry range.

“When you watch plays he was involved in, he averaged 4.7 yards per carry [in the NFL],†said Caldwell. “I scouted him a lot coming out of college and had a really good understanding of him. I think he can be a really good fit for us on first and second down, in pass protection and catching the ball out of the backfield.â€

From Caldwell’s perspective, any intrigue about Gerhart isn’t his skin color. It’s what he’s done his whole life when given the chance to be a feature back.

Caldwell doesn’t look at the 27-year-old Gerhart and see Danny Woodhead or Peyton Hillis, among the few modestly productive white running backs in recent NFL seasons. He more likely visualizes Michael Turner, who rushed for 6,081 yards in five seasons (2008-12) during Caldwell’s time in the Atlanta Falcons’ front office.

Like Gerhart, Turner spent his first four seasons as a backup, playing behind San Diego Chargers star back LaDanian Tomlinson, then blossomed from ages 26-30, when he became Atlanta’s primary ballcarrier.

“I didn’t even think about [Gerhart being white],†said Caldwell. “You can’t even tell that on film anyway. Just watching him, he’s a gifted athlete. He’s a great pro — smart, tough and intelligent. You talk to anybody wherever he’s been. He handles his business and raises the level of expectations of everybody around him.â€

Caldwell isn’t giving Gerhart $4.5 million in guaranteed money to be generous. His instincts tell him Jones-Drew’s likely successor, who has heard the nickname “White Rhino†on a few occasions, will run with this chance.

Gerhart is a punishing back with respectable speed (4.53 seconds in the 40-yard dash). He admits he has to work on turning 5-yard runs into the 10- to 15-yard variety, which was a Jones-Drew specialty. All he asks is to be judged by his results.

“There’s definitely a stereotype about [being a white running back],†Gerhart said. “I was a running back all four years of high school, then some people talked about me becoming a linebacker or fullback. I think I’ve proven I can play running back.

“There’s going to be added pressure to prove yourself as a starter in the NFL, but I’m ready to show what I can do.â€

There were still reminders of Gerhart’s past when he arrived Wednesday at EverBank Field. He had a pair of Vikings shoulder pads in his locker, waiting for a replacement set.

Gerhart wore number 32 in Minnesota, the same as Jones-Drew, but will wear No. 21 with the Jaguars. Now if he can approach the numbers Jones-Drew put up on the field, then Gerhart can escape from being in anyone’s shadow.

http://members.jacksonville.com/spo...toby-gerhart-believes-hes-ready-starting-role
There was a good article about Toby on NFL.com a few days ago. I perused through the hundreds of comments and almost all the dwf's comments were very positive. Good ole Desi Cortex posted too and said Gerhardt is slow and can't last a full season. I gave him a piece of my mind.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer

Nice article. I see the Turner comparison…but Toby’s physique and powerful yet speedy running style is similar to former Jets/Chiefs RB, Thomas Davis, and his receiving abilities are that of Ray Rice from several years ago. He runs with great violence and barring injury, he should eclipse 1,000 yards with the Jaguars, who’ve improved their OL in the past few seasons.

PamelaOC

Banned
Even people who stand up for Gerhart still fall into the anti-white traps that are everywhere in modern society. Gerhart himself, they say, is not some sort of stereotypical slow white guy. He can run. But they're still legitimizing the stereotype of whitey as slow when applied to whitey in general.

A black running back with Gerhart's level of talent never would have been put behind Adrian Peterson. He would have been a starter from the beginning.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Even people who stand up for Gerhart still fall into the anti-white traps that are everywhere in modern society. Gerhart himself, they say, is not some sort of stereotypical slow white guy. He can run. But they're still legitimizing the stereotype of whitey as slow when applied to whitey in general.

A black running back with Gerhart's level of talent never would have been put behind Adrian Peterson. He would have been a starter from the beginning.

Yes, definitely. If Gerhart had been black he would have been chosen by another team in the first round and become an immediate starter.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Yes, definitely. If Gerhart had been black he would have been chosen by another team in the first round and become an immediate starter.

The Texans had the chance to take him and pussed out. They took Ben Tate instead. Then he injures his knee and Arian Foster who was on the roster the year before emerges as a top back in that great zbs that makes it easier for average backs to put up 1k, Slaton had put up 1k and fell off the map quickly.

This comment on the article is ridiculous:

"Now, in retro Black and White, we have a RB voted #2 in the Heisman and a nation high rushing total, just like Emmitt Smith! Now, in living color, the NFL has replaced the Ed Podalak's with low to the ground, quicker than lightening type backs which are better suited to run through would be tackles, cut on a dime, and get under DL to inhibit the rush. Now we have it: I scouted him a lot out of college.
From Wikipedia: In 2007, Gerhart played in only one game, against San Jose State, in which he rushed for 140 yards and one touchdown before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
After doing a l l the research, I find TG a solid back up feature back, a short yardage and red zone RB, and a good receiver out of the backfeild. His most usable trait is size and second is his hands. He has TE written all over him. With just a little creativity, Jedd could move him to a 2 TE set after lining up as RB in a 2 back set"

Ed Poodalak? seriously, lets just compare him to the red grange, the ghalloping ghost.

So his research of a wikipedia thing from his 2007 college season and probably faint memories of him in college is "scouting". I guess he missed his Heisman worthy season and his play in the NFL, where he has proved he can put up numbers at this level. 276 carries for 1305 yards 5 tds, 77 catches for 600 yards 3 tds. 9 games with double digit carries where he could get into somewhat of a rythym, although not always the ideal situation or playcalls. When they had Percy Harvin they weren't that creative with Gerhart in the run game, they did a little more variety last year and he had some of his biggest runs, well the most 20+ yard runs in a season, even then its like they put the breaks on him when he got close to 100 yards, he had 8 carries 91 yards against the Packers then they stopped using him, Peterson had 3 carries for 0 yards, the first one being -5, making them settle for a field goal, then a 3 and out, giving them a tied game. You can tell he had big plays by his ypc last year.

His one 100 yard game came against the Redskins, 11 carries 109 yards, I don't think they expected him to break off a 67 yarder.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's the same process, the same treatment, of virtually every White player, including even quarterbacks now. In recent years we've seen Jordy Nelson, Eric Decker, Brian Hartline, Riley Cooper, Kevin Walter, Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola start outside (with Edelman and Amendola also playing in the slot). Every single one of them was declared a "possession" receiver at best coming out of college by the same close-minded, well-programmed DWFs, scouts and "draft experts" that refuse to have an open mind about Gerhart.

"Lightning quick" black running backs, what a joke. Most have average speed at best and many don't have much in the way of moves and stamina. Ed Podolak, who was an average back when he played, would do just fine in today's watered-down, affirmative action-driven NFL.

Toby may get injured, and he plays on what has been a poor offensive team in recent years. But if he stays healthy he is going to be as good as Peyton Hillis was in 2010, maybe better as Gerhart cuts better and has better vision than Hillis and is almost as strong or as strong, and is a little faster too.

TwentyTwo

Master
More on Sledge-hammer RB Toby Gerhart....

Toby Gerhart is a 'horse,' Jaguars RB coach says

Jacksonville coach Gus Bradley told Around The League in March that free-agent acquisition Toby Gerhart has bell-cow potential in the Jaguars' young offense.

Running backs coach Terry Richardson recently explained that it was Gerhart's ability to gain yards after contact that attracted the Jaguars.

"He's a horse," Richardson said, via The Florida Times-Union. "He's a big guy, and I talked to one of his former (position) coaches, and he was saying Toby had the strongest legs he's been around in terms of his leg drive and leg power. We're excited about that."

Gerhart ranked fourth in the NFL in yards after contact per rushing attempt (3.8) in Pro Football Focus' 2013 ratings. He has demonstrated a penchant for breaking arm tackles throughout his four-year NFL career.

Gerhart believes he has always had the skill set to be a starter, but was stuck behind the best running back in the game. One of our top 10 bargains entering free agency, Gerhart averaged 19 touches and 99.4 yards from scrimmage in eight games as Adrian Peterson's replacement.

At his introductory press conference, Gerhart compared his situation to that of Michael Turner, who backed up LaDainian Tomlinson for four years before exploding for an average of over 1,200 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns in five seasons with the Falcons.

It's interesting to note that Jacksonville general manager David Caldwell was in Atlanta's front office when Turner was signed away from the Chargers.

A better Gerhart comparison might be a more well-rounded version of LeGarrette Blount. Much like Blount, Gerhart is a sledgehammer with straight-line speed and the lateral agility of a riding lawnmower. Unlike Blount, Gerhart is a plus in pass protection and the receiving game.

With no legitimate competition on the roster, Gerhart will be a candidate to lead the NFL in touches this season. Behind the Jaguars' untested offensive line, though, he might struggle to come within a yard of his impressive career average of 4.7 yards per carry

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353236/article/toby-gerhart-is-a-horse-jaguars-rb-coach-says

The Hock

Master
Interesting article. This "lateral agility of a riding lawnmower" though, is that a good thing, or not a good thing? Probably not a good thing? Could have been worse though. He could have compared Toby's agility to an old fashioned push mower.

Toby just needs to perform and shut these wankers up.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Interesting article. This "lateral agility of a riding lawnmower" though, is that a good thing, or not a good thing? Probably not a good thing? Could have been worse though. He could have compared Toby's agility to an old fashioned push mower.

Toby just needs to perform and shut these wankers up.
defintely not a good thing. I would think a push mower has more lateral agility because you can't really move a riding lawn mower side to side.:)

defintely ridiculous though, there is this notion that if somehow a White guy has fast straight line speed that he must not have any agility, it was even said about Jordy Nelson coming out, that it took "a sun dial to time him changing directions". However, most of us here know that Whites usually perform well above average for agility tests like the 20 yard shuttle and the 3 cone drill.

a decent amount of support for Gerhart in the comments but a lot of racist haters. It seems people that actually saw him play like him, like a good deal of Ravens fans who saw him rush well against their team.

some guy had a list of 40 times and said he was 24th for starters in the 40 but I looked it up, common sites like nfl draft scout have Moreno at 4.50 when I looked it up on the combine page, which takes more time because you have to select runningbacks only and then for the year they came out and then what drill. It says he ran a 4.62, and I remember his time being around 4.62 and 4.63 because it was used in comparison to Hillis.Yep, 4.62 made it into the top 15 performers at the combine, since the NFL only list top performers its still mystery as to what Gerhart's official time is, it was a low 4.5 unofficial and his official time was never given and the top performers only go up to 4.58 for 2010, however a lot of people said Gerhart's official time was like 4.55, including scouts that were at the combine but dwfs assume its slower than 4.58 because sits not listed, unlike 2009 where they listed top 15 they listed top 10 for 2010.(every other year has top 15) On nfldraftscout its listed at 4.50.

white is right

Hall of Famer
defintely not a good thing. I would think a push mower has more lateral agility because you can't really move a riding lawn mower side to side.:)

defintely ridiculous though, there is this notion that if somehow a White guy has fast straight line speed that he must not have any agility, it was even said about Jordy Nelson coming out, that it took "a sun dial to time him changing directions". However, most of us here know that Whites usually perform well above average for agility tests like the 20 yard shuttle and the 3 cone drill.

a decent amount of support for Gerhart in the comments but a lot of racist haters. It seems people that actually saw him play like him, like a good deal of Ravens fans who saw him rush well against their team.

some guy had a list of 40 times and said he was 24th for starters in the 40 but I looked it up, common sites like nfl draft scout have Moreno at 4.50 when I looked it up on the combine page, which takes more time because you have to select runningbacks only and then for the year they came out and then what drill. It says he ran a 4.62, and I remember his time being around 4.62 and 4.63 because it was used in comparison to Hillis.Yep, 4.62 made it into the top 15 performers at the combine, since the NFL only list top performers its still mystery as to what Gerhart's official time is, it was a low 4.5 unofficial and his official time was never given and the top performers only go up to 4.58 for 2010, however a lot of people said Gerhart's official time was like 4.55, including scouts that were at the combine but dwfs assume its slower than 4.58 because sits not listed, unlike 2009 where they listed top 15 they listed top 10 for 2010.(every other year has top 15) On nfldraftscout its listed at 4.50.
Here is a comparison of a John Deere vs a basic riding mower. Note the Youtube commentator didn't comment on the agility of the two machines.......:biggrin:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOLRKkauflY

The Hock

Master
Very informative vid. The pricey John Deere is clearly better. I don't know about it's "lateral agility" but I'm sure it cuts very well.

As does Toby.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's been interesting watching the hive mind come around on Toby. After he was first signed by Jacksonville, there was nothing but negativity -- too unproven, too slow, Jones-Drew is still there, the team will draft a "real" running back, etc, and of course the not stated but ever present implication of "too White."

Then after it became obvious following the draft in April that Toby would have no real competition and the team was praising him highly and referring to him as their "bellcow" back, the hive really had no choice but to reluctantly follow along. There are very few bellcow backs now, and the prospect of one with Gerhart's pedigree at Stanford had him rising quickly in the large fantasy football community, which follows all players not just local teams.

So now the same "experts" who were down on the Jags' signing of Toby a few months ago are praising him. It's rare now to read anything negative about Gerhart. Even the virulently anti-White Weenieworld is on board:

Toby Gerhart "keeps coming up" in NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah's "talks with personnel guys around the league," who reportedly have "high expectations" for Gerhart in 2014. Gerhart never got a chance to be a full-time starter behind Adrian Peterson in Minnesota, but did average a sterling 4.73 YPC with 77 receptions, and regularly replaced Peterson on obvious passing downs. At age 27, Gerhart is now in line to handle three-down bellcow work on an improving Jaguars team that intends to pound the rock. He's one of our favorite RB2 draft targets.

It will be interesting to see if Gerhart stays healthey whether or not he can run for 1,000 yards. As we all know this is a terrible team. I hope the blame does not fall on Toby if the team does not exceed expectations.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It will be interesting to see if Gerhart stays healthey whether or not he can run for 1,000 yards. As we all know this is a terrible team. I hope the blame does not fall on Toby if the team does not exceed expectations.

Gerhart may possibly lead the league in rushing attempts. It remains to be seen how the offensive line holds up. If he struggles we will no doubt here endless nonsense about how he's slow and over rated. At least he will finally start after his racial apprenticeship.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What a racist creep. Gerhart has "no talent." I watched the highlight tape Dwid put together of his Stanford career the other day and Toby was/is a beast. I hope he sees that Walter Football hit piece and it further motivates him.

A bit related, I surfed to the black-centric NFL Network just in time to hear Jamie "Cee Lo's Twin Brother" Dukes ripping Edelman and Amendola. He kept saying "9 career touchdowns" in reference to Edelman. Willie McGinest helpfully pointed out that Edelman was a backup until last season and that the Patriots won Super Bowls with the likes of David Patton and Troy Brown at receiver. Patton and Brown were much better than Edelman and Amendola, replied Dukes, adding again how much Tom Brady needs good receivers for them to win another Super Bowl. Dukes always has that big grin on his face, but behind the smile lurks yet another bitter anti-White black bigot.

Kaptain

Master
What a racist creep. Gerhart has "no talent." I watched the highlight tape Dwid put together of his Stanford career the other day and Toby was/is a beast. I hope he sees that Walter Football hit piece and it further motivates him.

A bit related, I surfed to the black-centric NFL Network just in time to hear Jamie "Cee Lo's Twin Brother" Dukes ripping Edelman and Amendola. He kept saying "9 career touchdowns" in reference to Edelman. Willie McGinest helpfully pointed out that Edelman was a backup until last season and that the Patriots won Super Bowls with the likes of David Patton and Troy Brown at receiver. Patton and Brown were much better than Edelman and Amendola, replied Dukes, adding again how much Tom Brady needs good receivers for them to win another Super Bowl. Dukes always has that big grin on his face, but behind the smile lurks yet another bitter anti-White black bigot.

Last year Edelman had more receptions in one season that Troy Brown ever did for a single season. He also tied Brown's best year in TDs - with 6. And that would be 10 career tds in Edelman's career but 6 of them coming when he was a starter for the first time last year. How do they say this stuff with a straight face?

dwid

Hall of Famer

some bull****. For a White guy to be picked up by a team with the idea that he would be the primary back or even compete for that spot, means he is pretty damn talented. They went into the season with the idea he would be getting the majority of the carries. When is the last time this happened for a White player? Hillis was picked up by Cleveland but was considered as a "hybrid fullback/tailback", not sure if he was further down the depth chart before the preseason games but he was considered 3rd behind Hardesty and Harrison, and we know it took 6 injuries for him to start several games for the Broncos.

12 to 15 a gm is the best we have right now but doesn't seem like they have the balls to use him properly if they are already cutting down his carries. They might just be impatient.

wile

Master
Jabbing whites racially runs up the click count on the webpage, pretty sure they do these pieces to get our goats.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Yeah I don't think they do it to piss us off really.

I found a few positive ones and then this one

http://nflmocks.com/2014/06/30/storm-johnson-become-starter-jacksonville-jaguars/

About a guy on other articles they are asking if he is a lock to make the team. This one calling Gerhart a "fullback presence" and that he "lacks the burst and quickness to carry it 20 to 25 times a game." First of all it's rare to see a back carry over 20 times a game (25 is 400 a season) and even if that statement were true, I still come up with the name Thomas Jones. There have been tons of backs that could crack 1k that lacked burst and quickness but Jones cracked 10k career rushing yards.

i think they do it because their insecure and scared

i mean his article doesn't make sense saying no reason tobelieve Johnson's skills won't translate from college to the NFL but were supposed to beleive Gerhart's skills won't translate FROM the Vikings to another NFL team in a bigger role?

there are some articles that are mostly positive but have some insults like throwback

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ar-in-the-making-but-needs-a-little-more-help

Forced 14 missed tackles on 36 carries, his elusiveness rating is double that of Petersons who led th league. I remember reading that the some of the best backs force 4 a game

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a very complimentary article on Gerhart that actually calls him faster than what he is, crediting him with 4.4 40 speed rather than the 4.5 he ran at the Combine. Seriously, I can't recall ever before seeing the speed of a White WR or RB overstated, and I've been studying the Caste System for decades. Their speed is commonly given as slower than what it is, or sometimes stated accurately -- but often even then when they are fast they are still described as lacking burst or big play ability.

High hopes for Gerhart with Jaguars

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula-sports/ci_26150065/high-hopes-gerhart-jaguars

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Good article thanks for sharing. Feeling very excited for Toby he should have a solid oline. im itching for football season to start up again!

The Hock

Master
There will be a lot riding on Toby's shoulders this season. Every carry is gong to matter. His performance will be a proxy audition for white kids trying to make their way through the caste system.

Can't wait for the moment when Toby breaks into the secondary and it's just some greyhound cornerback between him and the endzone.

That will be fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.