Timor Ibragimov

JD074

Master
Timor fights on the Best Damn Sports Show Period tonight at 11 pm. Yeah, the show starts about 20 minutes from now!
smiley36.gif
He was so disappointing against Calvin Brock that I don't expect much of him, but hopefully he'll pull this one out.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'm tuning in. He's fighting Tommy Thompson (?), does that sound right? I never heard of him.

I hope he's black and Timor KHTFO.

EDIT: Never mind. I pay $140.00 a month for cable and don't get the Fox Sports Network.
smiley5.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

Hockaday

Guru
I don't put much stock in Timid Imbackinoff. He stunk the joint up against Brock.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I thought the fight was tonight. How did it turn out?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Timor lost by UD.

JD074

Master
I agree. Very boring. I thought perhaps he could bounce back from the dreadful Brock fight, but apparently not. The guy simply has no offense.

And by the way, one of the commentators said that he's not related to Sultan. They're not even from the same country!
smiley36.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
After a year without a fight, Timor Ibragimov returned on Saturday night to defeat Andrew Greeley. Timor easily outboxed his African-American opponent, winning every round on all three scorecards.

Greeley is the same boxer who stopped American white heavyweight Joey Abell a few months ago.

Sean

Mentor
Timor is the most hot and cold fighter around. It was he, not Sultan, who they said was the more promising fighter of the two. He's looked good in some fights, and very BAD in the Brock and Thompson fights.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Timor Ibragimov fights Jean Marc Mormeck tomorrow in France, on an event promoted by Mormeck himself.

I'm sure Timor can outbox Mormeck, but I doubt if he will receive fair officiating.

Westside

Hall of Famer
If Timor Ibragimov can not dominate or KO a fading cruiser, he should seriously consider hanging them up.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
If Timor Ibragimov can not dominate or KO a fading cruiser, he should seriously consider hanging them up.

You're not being fair. Ibragimov isn't a big puncher, that's why he was selected. The fight is in France and being promoted by Mormeck himself.

Fres Oquendo dominated most of the rounds and still lost a decision to Mormeck. But Oquendo is still fighting.

Ibragimov will likely win the fight but lose on the scorecards.

Blue Devils

Mentor
I think Timur can stop him late. The fight being scheduled for 12 rounds will benefit Timur tremendously. Throughout Mormeck's career he has had sh*tty stamina and it will only get worse now at 38. He faded late against Maddalone(8rounds) and Oquendo(10rounds). Timur is much better than Maddalone and about equal to Oquendo. I have a feeling Mormeck has bit off more than he can chew.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Mormeck wins by SD in a fairly close fight.

The referee was obviously paid off by the promoter (Mormeck) because he was in Ibragimov's face every time the momentum was going his way. He deducted a point from Timur for nothing, while Mormeck got away with a lot of dirty stuff including hitting on the break and blatant rabbit punches.

Oquendo had clearly defeated Mormeck and was robbed by the judges. This one was a closer fight, but the referee made a big difference by throwing Ibragimov off his game by repeatedly warning him and admonishing him for nothing.

But that being said, Ibragimov should have known what he was in when he accepted the fight.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Damn. I thought he had a real chance to pull off an upset.

Off topic - I hear there's a possibility of a W Klitschko-Mormeck fight in Paris next year. Wladimir will crush the "Frenchman" it wouldn't even be competitive.