Tim Tebow

white tornado

Mentor
Acording to the scouting servises Tebow ran a 4.6 coming out of high school witch is probable what Troy Smith runs. It would be awsome if Tebow could get his forty down to 4.4 and gain about ten pounds. Imagain a 6'2 245 pound Qb with 4.4 speed who also is an amazing passer. It could happen Peyton Hillis dropped his forty from 4.7 down to a 4.47 in two years at Arkansas.

backrow

Hall of Famer
and plenty good it did him, huh... poor Hillis
smiley18.gif

Tebow is 6'3" not 6'2" ... big difference.

Both Tebow and Troy Smith run a 4.6; quite fast. However, i can't imagine how he could run any faster given his weight.

jcolec02

Mentor
I saw a scouting report on Tebow on television...it said he ran a 4.5 his senior year of high school

whiteCB

Master
All I know is that Laurinitis and Co. and gonna shut down this freshman come Jan. 8th. GO BUCKS!!!

p.s. I do however wish Tebow more luck than that overrated piece of garbage Chris Leak.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i liked this comment just now: Tim Tebow, not their tailback IS their running game! (after 8 yard run up the middle)

Billy Latsko had a nice catch as well leading to that run.Edited by: backrow

hedgehog

Mentor
On that play Tebow ran, I think there was one, maybe two black guys on the field for Florida. That has to be a record for an SEC team!!

backrow

Hall of Famer
they started 4 out of 5 o-linemen tonight, plus Billy Latsko in the backfield (no tailback)

backrow

Hall of Famer
lol, Tebow the QB just run 2 defenders OVER on his 10 yard run!

Tim has 10 carries for 39 yards and a TD plus 1 pass for a one yard TD!
smiley32.gif
still 10:30 to go, and him having such a big part of this Gators win makes it easier to swallow.Edited by: backrow

Kaptain

Master
In talking about Tebow's performance an announcer just said that Florida would be no where near the national title if Tebow was their QB. These guys never stop. They just are incapable of complimenting a white guy without putting him down at the same time. Poor Chris Leak and Troy Smith are being outshined on the national stage by the more athletic Tim Tebow. How ironic is that?

G

Kaptain Poop said:
In talking about Tebow's performance an announcer just said that Florida would be no where near the national title if Tebow was their QB. These guys never stop. They just are incapable of complimenting a white guy without putting him down at the same time. Poor Chris Leak and Troy Smith are being outshined on the national stage by the more athletic Tim Tebow. How ironic is that?
I dunno about that. Chris Leak's played a flawless game, and carved up the OSU defense like a butcher. At 24 for 35, w/208 yards, I doubt he cares Meyer tossed Tebow in there on the 1 yard line for the 2 touches.

Leak probably needed a breather after moving the chains up and down the field the way he did.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Leak threw alot of underneath stuff, he did not have to fit the ball into tight spaces and has a very average arm. Throwing 5 yard passes underneath zone coverage and wr screens does not entail to carving up a defense.

Tebow is a pretty big reason that the Gators got into the National Championship game, I think without him they would of lost 2-3 games. At least next year I can root for Florida and Tebow should be fun to watch.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Tebow is going to be the main man in Florida for a long time.He will have his chance to get the Gators back into the big game over the next three years.I love watching this kid play.The sky is the limit!

white tornado

Mentor
Leak threw alot of underneath stuff, he did not have to fit the ball into tight spaces and has a very average arm. Throwing 5 yard passes underneath zone coverage and wr screens does not entail to carving up a defense.

Are you going to say the same thing about Tebow next year. Leak has a great arm.

bigman

Guru
The key to winning, have a QB that makes no mistakes and has great accuracy, Leak was outstanding. Edited by: bigman

voice

Guru

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Leak's arm strength is listed as "adequate" on nfldraftcountdown.com.. over the years a lot has been made of the fact that he does not have ideal arm strength. Tebow does have good arm strength, and seems to be a future star.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Leak has a noodle arm, sure he was accurate on the 5 yard passes but how often in his career has he had to thread the needle.

Triad

Mentor
Kaptain Poop said:
In talking about Tebow's performance an announcer just said that Florida would be no where near the national title if Tebow was their QB. These guys never stop.

I noticed that comment as well. Apparently the announcers didn't watch the Auburn- Florida game this year. A QB lost the game for Florida and it wasn't Tebow. Leak also didn't have the big runs that converted 3rd and 4th downs against Tennessee and LSU.
A ridiculous statement with no other purpose other than to degrade Tebow.

bigman

Guru
Tebow is immense, but running the ball as a QB can be hazardous to your health... I hope he works on this passing game and has a 3 more solid years.