Tim Tebow

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I think Tebow will be the starter by week three at the latest. Right now Dever's o-line isn't very good and they will need a mobile Quarterback to move out of the pocket and creat time.

That's a good point. And maybe the fans will be reluctant to chant "Brady..Brady" the first time he messes up or the team falters. As they used to say in Detroit, the most popular QB is the one that's not playing.

It sure was that way in Detroit. In 1960-61, the Lion QB job bounced between Earl Morrall and Jim Ninowski. During 1962-64, it was Morrall and Milt Plum. Between 1965-67, Plum and Karl Sweetan. From 1968-75, Greg Landry and Bill Munson.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Did anyone watch Sportscenter today? They had the "brilliant" Kordell Stewart and a topic of "Is Tim Tebow a distraction." I was at the gym doing cardio and didn't have headphones so I don't know what they were saying. I'm sure it was nauseating.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kordell Stewart -- first an extreme case of affirmative action as a football player, and now an affirmative action hire as a broadcaster.

I was surprised to see him working for ESPN about a week ago, but I shouldn't have been as former black athletes who can't speak rudimentary English are hired by the corporate sports networks, who then apparently make no attempts to get them to speak better. That would be "racist" or "insensitive."

JReb1

Mentor
(KFFL)

Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow said he wants to help the team in whatever way possible, even if it is as a wide receiver. "Well, I want to be a quarterback. I believe I can be; I believe I will be. And I've just got to keep working at that," Tebow said. "But if I can help the team in another way, that's what I'm here for ... You know, we're all football players first."

Tebow dismisses the notion that playing other positions will stunt his development at quarterback. "How's it's going to stunt my growth if I go out there on Sunday afternoon, we lose some receivers and I have to go out there and help the team?" Tebow said. "It's not like I'm going to the receivers' meetings. I'm just blessed to have the ability to go do it and if I'm asked to go do it, I help the team."

Tebow needs to be careful because his unselfish attitude could lead to him being a TE or FB...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tribesman and alleged sportswriter Dave Zirin actually argues in this clip that Tebow is given a pass because of his conservative politics and that only liberal activists among athletes are criticized. He is of course speaking of a "culture" where saying anything pro-White, or not completely endorsing homosexuality results in severe punishment, and a "culture" in which blacks can say anything they want to (other than criticizing homosexuals or Jews like Zirin). Just more evidence, as if any were needed, that this country is completely upside down. Watch this short clip of Zirin if you are in a mood to tolerate talmudic spinning of reality.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/what-if-tim-tebow-were-liberal/

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Tribesman and alleged sportswriter Dave Zirin actually argues in this clip that Tebow is given a pass because of his conservative politics and that only liberal activists among athletes are criticized. He is of course speaking of a "culture" where saying anything pro-White, or not completely endorsing homosexuality results in severe punishment, and a "culture" in which blacks can say anything they want to (other than criticizing homosexuals or Jews like Zirin). Just more evidence, as if any were needed, that this country is completely upside down. Watch this short clip of Zirin if you are in a mood to tolerate talmudic spinning of reality.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/what-if-tim-tebow-were-liberal/

Excellent post Don! The hate for Tebow is incredible and I'd love to see this kid succeed. Maybe, just maybe, the good guy will win once.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, I wasn't in the mood to tolerate more spinning of reality but I watched the clip anyway. What a pathetic society we live in where trash like this isn't called out publicly on their BS.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

Highlander

Mentor
When it was 4th and goal and only inches away from the goal line for Denver against the Titans this past Sunday, WHY was Tebow not used in that type of situation? Behind Center, especially in circumstances like this, he has proven to be unstoppable in the past due to the many inherent weapons and options that he has at his disposal, including his brute strength and power to just run it in himself.

He is invaluable and adds an extra dimension that the defense must account for. It's inexcusable if the goal is to win the damn game. But there are larger political motivations going on in Denver, and in the NFL in general, that trump winning games.

JReb1

Mentor
Tebow is nearly unstoppable in the red zone, especially inside the 10. Tim can throw or run it in all day long from that range!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I just think Fox and Elway are trying to keep Tebow off the field and cut him after the season. As long as they don't give him a shot to prove the type of playmaker he is the fan base will not be energized by him. Its a real shame.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Here's a nice article that shows that fans in Denver still support Tim Tebow, in spite of the obvious smear campaign by the media and the non-support of Fox and Elway.

The employees at Multiline International Imports have a large digital sign near their business at the intersection of 58th and Logan, just east of I-25 north of downtown Denver, and have decided to use the signage for football purposes.
The digital board, with rotating images, says "Broncos Fans to John Fox: Play Tebow!" The image then rotates to show a picture of Tebow coming out of the tunnel at the Broncos' stadium.

20110930__TebowBillboard~p1.jpg

JReb1

Mentor
If Denver gets rid of Tebow the fans may revolt... The only way to offset their anger will by bringing Hillis back next year since Cleveland looks like they're going to let him walk. As Hillis said, "if they wanted to sign me they would've done it by now."

If Denver lets Tebow play and signs Hillis too, that would be one hell of an offense to go along with Decker!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Orton isn't an elite quarterback. He's reached his ceiling, which is average.

Kyle Orton is 4-13 in his last 17 starts. Coach John Fox has been steadfast in his belief that Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win. The numbers say otherwise. If they lose to the Chargers Sunday, the Broncos will be 1-5 and Orton is headed for free agency after the season. It wouldn't make much sense to keep trotting him out there.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Orton isn't an elite quarterback. He's reached his ceiling, which is average.

Kyle Orton is 4-13 in his last 17 starts. Coach John Fox has been steadfast in his belief that Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win. The numbers say otherwise. If they lose to the Chargers Sunday, the Broncos will be 1-5 and Orton is headed for free agency after the season. It wouldn't make much sense to keep trotting him out there.
....Except I'm convinced that John Fox just flat-out doesn't like Tebow, and that Elway must somehow fear for his legacy. It sounds nuts, but it's the only explanation I can come up with.

JReb1

Mentor
Even if Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win, they're not going to win enough to make the playoffs anyway and Orton is never going to be a franchise QB.

Tebow will put up better overall numbers than Newton and Tim clearly has the potential to be a franchise QB. Denver has NO logical reason to not see what Tebow's capable of for the rest of this season. If not Tebow than at least see what Quinn has...

dwid

Hall of Famer
Even if Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win, they're not going to win enough to make the playoffs anyway and Orton is never going to be a franchise QB.

Tebow will put up better overall numbers than Newton and Tim clearly has the potential to be a franchise QB. Denver has NO logical reason to not see what Tebow's capable of for the rest of this season. If not Tebow than at least see what Quinn has...

And that is exactly what the MSM is afraid of. Tebow would be a big, fast dual threat passer. This has happened in the past like Matt Jones not getting a chance at qb. Michael Vick "revolutionizing the position" while Eric Crouch and Scott Frost get put at wide receiver and safety.

I really would like to see him at halfback though, he would be better than Blount, definitely an upgrade over what they have on the roster. We have plenty of White qbs, not many halfbacks.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Broncos are going out of their way to ruin Tebows Career. It makes no sense when you look at his imense popularity. My hope is that they are forced to play the kid soon. Then watch as we hear how much better Cam is and many others. They just can't stand this guy. It's not like we haven't had Steve Young Type QB'S before but I guess it is no longer what the main stream wants. Anything to hold whitey down! I just hope Tim is keeping his spirits up and that he is working his butt off to be ready when they are forced to use him. What a shame that we live in a country like this. This guy should be the role model of every dad in the nation.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
What puzzles me even more is why the Broncos used a 1st round pick(25th overall) on Tebow if they were going to force him to rot on the bench? There was no talk of him moving to the running back position and they clearly drafted him to play quarterback. Do they really think Kyle Orton is a better quarterback than Tebow? Please!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
There is a double standard..

--Newton can throw picks and get away with it. Tim Tebow, essentially still a rookie, won't "get away" with throwing picks. He will be called a bust.

--Cam Newton is 1-3 thus far. Members of the MSM say that Tebow was 1-2 last year and that he's a bust for that... what kind of ridiculousness is that? It would also be difficult for any QB to overcome Denver's HORRIBLE All-Africant "D." However, Tebow is their best hope.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This from Weenieworld! When exactly is he going to be ready?

Broncos beat writer Lee Rasizer advises not to look for Tim Tebow to replace Kyle Orton "any time soon."

Broncos fans are already clamoring for Tebow, but coach John Fox is sticking to his belief that Tebow isn't ready and the offense would have to be scrapped to make the change. ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested Thursday that the Broncos won't consider a QB switch because they're not ready to go to Brady Quinn yet. While we still believe Tebow will make starts this season, it's not on the immediate horizon.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen, Don't worry about Tebow. His day will come. No stopping it. I've seen this type of thing before. He'll do fine.

Tom Iron...