small". Whites are not allowed to use their speed; they must only
rely on size. At least that is what the media seems to imply
sometimes.
Edited by: IceSpeed2

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
IceSpeed2 said:
He has never had a featured role because he is "to small".

Dwight did have a featured role with the Falcons in 1999, and he was outstanding. His last 8 games that year he had 23 receptions for 568 yards (a remarkable 24.5 yards per catch average) and 7 TDs.

His reward? To be demoted to backup the next season and ever since. He did start briefly with the Chargers, but for reasons known only to Marty Schottenheimer, Dwight was used as a possession receiver instead of as a downfield threat.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Dwight was the lone bright spot in the Falcon's dismal loss to the Broncos in the Super Bowl that year, too.

KG2422

Mentor
This guy has always been a stud. He was unstoppable at Iowa. If he could play in the same system as Stokley, his numbers might be even better. I haven't seen him play since the season before last. I hope injuries haven't slowed him down any. He played tailback in high school and set some Iowa records I believe. He used to line up there sometimes in Atlanta. I think if he were ten pounds heavier and a little more durable, he would have been that fast white game breaking tailback we'd like to see.

I recall a Monday Night game against the 49ers in 1999 where Dwight had a long punt return for a TD in the 1st half. Then he had a 65 yard run on a short pass for a TD in the 4th quarter. Dwight shook off a 235 pound LB for that score.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It is ironic that black receivers can be short and still
be stars but whites are not allowed that same option.They
either put us on special teams or cut us.The fact that
Dwight has stayed in the nfl for this long is hard to
believe because of how small he is.Size doesn't matter
unless your white.He has been a star but could have been
a way bigger star if allowed the same opportunitys that
others get.Was it the Broncos or the Redskins that had
the receivers they called "The Smurfs".They were pretty
short but were outstanding.Dwight is a joy to watch play.

Bart

Hall of Famer
KG2422 said:
. I think if he were ten pounds heavier and a little more durable, he would have been that fast white game breaking tailback we'd like to see.

If he were ten pounds heavier, they would have made him the lightest -fullback- in the league.

SteveB

Mentor
Dwight is about the same size as Warrick Dunn, yet Dunn has been allowed to play at tailback for his entire career.