Tim Dwight

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just had to start a post about Tim Dwight who has been one of my favorite players for around ten years now.He
has to be one of fastest guys that I have ever seen and
he used to tear it up in the track at Iowa back in the
day.He works as hard as anyone and is a joy to watch.Even
though he might have lost a little speed being in his thirties now,he is still the 4th leading kickoff returner in the country.Tim has to be one of the best
returners of all time.I just wish they would use him more at the receiver position.His longest return this year is 86 yards so far but don't be suprised if he returns one over 90 before the season is over.

I'll always remember his kickoff return for a touchdown in the Super Bowl the year the Falcons played the Broncos. That was an awesome display of world class speed in front of an audience of hundreds of millions!

IceSpeed2

Guru
Dwight has moved to the Patriots and has taken David
Patton's place. He could have a good year statistically as a
deep threat. He made a nice leaping catch earlier.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice game for Dwight tonight.He had 3 catches for 69 yards and 1 punt return for 19 yards.Finally it looks like a team may use him at the wide receiver position.He just might have a chance to get close to 1000 yards with Brady throwing him the ball.It was also good to see Eckel score on that 1 yard touchdown run!Go Patriots.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Say goodbye to Tim Dwight; the Patriots just signed Andre Davis from the Cleveland Browns.

Not only is he a receiver, but he can returns kicks, too!
smiley5.gif

JoeV

Guru
As a Browns fan I can tell you that Davis sucks as a kick returner, so Dwight still should return at least punts.

IceSpeed2

Guru
Andre Davis did not look good where Dwight
did. Dwight was solid last night. He should have a featured
role.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I hope you guys are right, but better players than Tim Dwight have lost their positions to the Caste System.

He has a decent reputation though and has been around awhile so maybe they will use him this year. We'll see.

G

the patriots seem to be one of the few NFL teams that evaluate players correctly on a regular basis, and a side effect is that they don't automatically go with the black guy every time. tim dwight might play a lot.

remember this is the team that won the superbowl using 5 white men on the offensive line versus the jaguars 4 black men on the defensive line, including chris jenkins who went to the pro bowl that year. the jaguars never touched brady.

the patriots also picked up mike vrabel after the steelers, normally also good evaluators of actual ability, let him sit on the bench for a few seasons then cut him.