Three cheers to Tiki & Rhonde Barber

psychosid

I just got off the phone with both of them during thier sirius radio show, and brought up the topic of Brian Leonard. I asked them both what they thought of his recent game against the Cardnals, and with the fact that he is 230lbs and runs a 4.49 "why on earth would anybody look at him as a fullback" (my exact words). They both totally complimented his performance and both stated that he is "without a doubt" a tailback.

I also asked Tiki how good was Jason Sehorn before he blew out his knee. His answer was awsome, he said "with the exception of deon sanders, he was the best corner in the league in 96 & 97 and the best athlete on the team.

Contrast this honest answer from 2 black NFL players with the caste whores like Adam Schein, Tim Ryan & Pat Kirwin, to name but a few. I have a really good feeling about this. I think Brain is going to really impress a lot of people over the next few weeks being that Jackson is out. On a side note, Jacob Hester is getting a lot of praise for his game against Florida, so we have that to look foward to also. Things are lookin up! ;)

backrow

Hall of Famer
it's Ronde
smiley2.gif

and no way, did they really say that? you should have recorded the show.

i bet TJ Riggins will be awestruck with Tiki
smiley17.gif

psychosid

i did record it...i just gotta figure out how foward the call from my cell to my email...lol i have a bunch of recordings from sirius....i will post them all soon

G

I believe what Psychosid stated. Tiki and I guess his brother Rhonde are exceptional people. They call it like they see it. I have seen Tiki on the Fox News Channel and he comes off as someone who is learned and has integrity. I am glad that Brian is starting to get noticed by cool blacks and other whites. I just can't stand it the suspected "white" who purposely tries to put down white atheletes. I can understand a black marginalizing white, but when whites or that other "sect of people" who pass for it do it,sickens me.

High fives to the Barber brothas!
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Can I do a second toast to Tiki Barber now?
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

0n second thought lets throw a caste football keg party to Tiki's career as a RB!

That's b/c I'm a Giants fan, not b/c he's black.
smiley36.gif

whiteCB

Master
Kukulcan said:
I believe what Psychosid stated. Tiki and I guess his brother Rhonde are exceptional people. They call it like they see it. I have seen Tiki on the Fox News Channel and he comes off as someone who is learned and has integrity. I am glad that Brian is starting to get noticed by cool blacks and other whites. I just can't stand it the suspected "white" who purposely tries to put down white atheletes. I can understand a black marginalizing white, but when whites or that other "sect of people" who pass for it do it,sickens me.

High fives to the Barber brothas!
smiley32.gif

Yeah I hate those self loathing white a-holes!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Good for the Barber brothers. It's a shame though that we are complementing them simply for being fair minded and telling the truth. Good for them anyway. Kinda suprised about Tiki saying these things since he's been dumping all over Eli Manning and Tom Couglin ever since he retired.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, but T. Barber's problem with his coach and QB seems personal. still mishandled it imo.
Ronde has a good reputation in TB area, Mike Alstott is close with him Dave Moore on a team.

I've heard the Barber Shop a few times, but only Ronde. Glad to hear they talked up Leonard and Sehorn.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If your a Giant's fan the only back I would cheer for leading my team to a championship(of recent vintage) is Otis Anderson. He plow horsed his way to a Giants win of SB XXV.Edited by: white is right

Maple Leaf

Mentor
It is not teammates or players on other teams that cut and dismiss white players and deny them employment. The coaching staff, the front office, and the owners are the men that refuse to allow white players to work. Most of the coaches and almost all of the front office are white. They make the Caste decisions...

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
If your a Giant's fan the only back I would cheer for leading my team to a championship(of recent vintage) is Otis Anderson. He plow horsed his way to a Giants win of SB XXV.

Otis Anderson was incredible that game against Buffalo. And he was written off at the beginning of the season for being too old. I was only 10 at the time, but I remember that game. I think the Giants still had Joe Morris too, but he was injured or something and he was old at that point as well.

Phil Simms was injured and it was actually Jeff Hostetler who was the QB, but he played well. I still remember how much of an idiot Ray Handley was as Parcell's successor when he decided to start Hostetler over Simms though in the 1991 season. What a bad coach he was! Maybe Parcells recommended him to make himself look like God in comparison!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Maple Leaf said:
It is not teammates or players on other teams that cut and dismiss white players and deny them employment. The coaching staff, the front office, and the owners are the men that refuse to allow white players to work. Most of the coaches and almost all of the front office are white. They make the Caste decisions...

They certainly make the decisions, but I still get the sense that most blacks think that they are a superior athletic race though. Although the majority of blacks don't have problems with their white teammates, I would have to say that a lot of black RBs would have a problem backing up a white guy b/c of the stigmas out there against white RBs. The white guy would have to be that much better for it to be looked at as legitimate.

Also there is only one man at RB which means all the RBs are fighting for the role of being the one "star." It's different on an NBA team where 5 players have to work together out on the floor to score. Also we shouldn't overlook the fact that NBA rosters are small by comparison and their aren't cliques that form of black and white players. An NBA roster is more like a family.

It's only going to change when more whites start to play HB in college and white HBs start to occasionally get drafted on day one. This will cause perceptions to change. Then a coach can defend playing a white HB, by saying "he was a star in college and we drafted him high to be our man!" Coaches are more comfortable doing the status quo than being unconventional and playing a white CB, HB which could cause controversy.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

nhl411

Guru
to add on the end of your post tjriggins, there especially scared to play a white at a caste position, not only because of the controversy caused simply by a white at the position, but can you imagine the media uproar if the white player didn't succeed? Or even was good but not great? The media would immediately start in with the whole "he only plays cuz he's white and thecoach is a racist deal"