• Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Vick wants to play in the NFL in 2009 after he is released from prison next July. I can see the Jaguars signing him to be Garrard's backup. The Lions and Rams might be crazy enough to sign him to be their starter, but Jax is the league's gold standard when it comes to black quarterbacks.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I could see Jerry Jones signing him. The Jaguars are always a possibility. I think Vick doesn't deserve a second chance.

Just think how much better the Falcons would be this year if they still had Michael Vick's unique talents.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bengals. They'll ditch Palmer as a bust and label him injury prone, and take Vick.

I'd say the Raiders but they're already stuck with a bigger, fatter, slower version of Vick with a multi-million dollar contract so they may not want another one.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
I'd say the Raiders but they're already stuck with a bigger, fatter, slower version of Vick with a multi-million dollar contract so they may not want another one.

smiley36.gif
How could I forget to include senile Al Davis and the Raiders?

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
It will be interesting to see whether the media will declare it a hate crime to cheer for him because he is a dog-torturer, or a hate crime to boo him because to do so would be racist.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
If he gives up on playing quarterback, I pick San Diego. This is right up caste bigwig Randy Mueller's alley. I'd be willing to wager Mueller was responsible for Marcus Vick's time in Miami.

I'm afraid the Vikings are probably stupid enough to sign him.

Remember when only the Raiders signed felons and thugs? I think the Cowboys may actually have passed them on that score.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Not the Jaguars they have their AA QB. I'm hoping it's the Lions because then Detroit willhave Vick and Iverson! Hopefully the current AAQB (Culpepper) will be injured (actually there is no doubt he will) and the blackest city inAmerica can have two of sports "best" role models.

dwid

Hall of Famer
there are talks on multiple teams msg boards about bringing in vick to run the wildcat formation, some people thought it was ridiculous which it is, but some were all for it, like on the new orleans super saints forum they were talking about having him, even though they have drew brees

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88694&highli ght=wildcat+michael+vick

"As much as some may hate Vick, you can't deny the talent he possesses. He has never been a locker room cancer. He, like Reggie has been hated on his entire career. Many say he can't be a pure pocket passer, just like some say Reggie will never be a full time running back. Reggie has dominated this year when given the chance. Sure Vick made a big mistake with his dog fighting incident, but players deserve a second chance.

The wildcat offense is here to stay, just like the West Coast offense, just like the Tampa 2 Defense. I even think this is the beginning of it. More and more teams are adapting it every game.

Imagine Vick coming in a few times a game lining up in the shotgun, Reggie in motion. Who would the defense stop? Vick is essentially a running back that could throw pretty well. Remember, we are not asking him to quarterback a team, we are just asking him to cause massive headaches to the opposing team by running the wildcat offense. Who will the defense even attempt to stop? Follow Reggie to the sidelines and leave the area after the d-line open allowing Vick a gaping hole where he can juke most corners and safetys for a td? We all know Vick has the ability to take it to the house each time he runs. If you commit to stopping Vick, Reggie will get the handoff and use his speed and bust a long run? If you decide to commit to both, you'll have Shockey, Colston, or Meachem streaking down the secondary wide open for a td."

pathetic, the wildcat is not here to stayEdited by: dwid

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Vick's ego will not permit him to play anything else but quarterback. I don't see him being a 'special plays' type of guy. Maybe prison has humbled him somewhat but I doubt it. He'll probably come out of it with a worse attitude than when he went in.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wildcat will not stick around!!!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope no team will pick him up, but who knows.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
You can bet someone will sign Vick. We'll hear all about how he's a former All Pro, led the Falcons to the playoffs, is still young, still has lots of untapped potential, is now focused and feels grateful for an opportunity to redeem himself, everyone deserves a second chance, etc. The only question will be if he's signed to be a starter or a backup.

It's certainly been like a breath of fresh air the past couple of months not hearing endless hype of Vick, Young, Russell, et. al.from the media.It's the first time in many years media coverage of the NFL hasn't been dominated by worshipping of over-rated black QBs.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree totally with your last sentence, Don, and I'm glad too. I am thinking Vick will have lost a lot by the time he leaves prison. All he has is his speed anyway, as he couldn't hit the ground with his helmet.

Andrew Lynch

I could see him as a Ravens QB. Hell, they gave Kordell Stewart and Anthony Wright a shot. If they don't take him Miami or the Jags definitely will.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Guys like him are given the thousand chance rule. Right now he's only used up 666. The Jaguars are drooling for another black pirate to join their crew. He would fit in beautifully with them.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Don't Rooney rule out the Steelers. I would love to see Mike conVick back in the NFL, cause it's great to hear all the gushing about him form the MSM Ass Whisperers, then watch conVick: fumble, throw an interception, get hurt, flip off fans,kill dogs, etc. Can't wait for conVick to get back!Edited by: WHITE NOISE

Chicago Bears. Lovey just hates white guys. His dream is to have a team of only black guys, and getting Vick would be the first step.

DWFan

Mentor
If any team picks him up I will never, ever watch an NFL game again. Even if the caste system is overthrown, I will never watch an NFL game again if that diabolical idiot gets to play even one more down, even as a backup.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Raiders or Vikings will get Vick. I hear Vick is making 12 cents a hour now, so even signing for near minimum would look good to him right now. He should be banned for at least three years from playing in the NFL after he gets out of prison.

DWFan

Mentor
guest301 said:
I hear Vick is making 12 cents a hour now

LOL!
I'd feel a lot better about the world if that were to be his permanent salary cap.
But I heard a few days ago that several Raider players are actually offering to cut some of their own salaries if it can get them Vick!

guest301

Hall of Famer
DWFan said:
guest301 said:
I hear Vick is making 12 cents a hour now

LOL!
I'd feel a lot better about the world if that were to be his permanent salary cap.
But I heard a few days ago that several Raider players are actually offering to cut some of their own salaries if it can get them Vick!

How anybody can be a fan still of that hopeless and directionless franchise is beyond me. Maybe when Al Davis finally kicks the bucket, the Raiders might be able to be a NFL team again. Vick is certainly not the answer, they might as well stay with Jamarcus Russell as their QB. I also thought the 12 cents a hour thing was funny. I hope his debt collectors confiscate his prison salary too!