The "professionalization" of college FB..

foreverfree

Mentor
.. has taken another turn this year with the use of "throwback" uniforms, which I never noticed outside of the pros before. GA Tech wore them last week. 'Cuse is wearing them today. IMO throwback unis belong in the pros.

I love the natural rubber color facemasks though for some reason. Thank God USC (and the NFL Colts and Giants) went back to them and 'Bama (and the NFL Cardinals) never ditched them.

Just venting...

John

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Florida is wearing their 1966 duds today too. Actually, this is nothing new. Mississippi State did it in the 2003 Egg Bowl, and a lot of other teams have used throwback stuff since the 90s.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see some "throwback" teams!!!!

I was watching a peewee football game with some parents the other day. Mostly black kids with a few white kids. Fairly caste set-up, the slotting already begun. Although the fastest kid and best receiver (by far) was white, a mini-Drew Bennett.

The team coach (black) nicknamed the lone white running back "Old School". Everytime the kid would make a good run the other kids would yell out "old school, old school!" The father looked at me and asked "why are they calling him that?"

I said: "he's white, when was the last time you saw a white running back?"

The light went on in the guys head (talk about clueless) and he had nothing further to say.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I guarantee that guy will never think about sports the same way. Lets hope he investigates the issue further.