the "Not enough blacks" BS has returned

G

Every major sports site is reporting on the front page that black americans are now down to 8% of MLB players.

C Darwin

Mentor
This stupid stuff is going to happen every 'jackie robinson' day. MLB is dead to me.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
Every major sports site is reporting on the front page that black americans are now down to 8% of MLB players.

8%?! Finally a bit of good news.
smiley20.gif

Too bad 80% of that 8% plays for my hometown team.
smiley19.gif

Tom Iron

Mentor
The mets named the rotunda of their new ballpark after robinson. When does this baloney stop? Enough!!!

Tom Iron...

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Nothing will wake up Whites faster than this kind of press. You can't help but see the glaring hypocrisy of such articles when you watch a NFL or NBA game.

Bear Backer

Mentor
The talking heads babbled on this what seemed like an eternity on Fox Sports Radio today as I was driving home. Old Chris Myers to his credit thought that guys like Torii Hunter were making a mountain out of a mole hill, but these stooges just can't bring themselves to really ever address the double standards with regards to whites being discriminated against in sports. They always talk about increasing the black numbers in baseball as being a good thing, but they know full well that in order to do so it will have to be white players who lose spots on rosters. MLB is certainly not anytime soon going to be adding blacks at the expense of Dominicans or Asians, so that only leaves the old white man to kick around. This crap will never stop until white people threaten to bankrupt leagues like the NFL, NBA and MLB with boycotts. All these greedy owners who are often of the Semite persuasion, really only care about white suckers for their money. None of the leagues could survive without middle and upper middle class white dollars. If leagues relied on blacks or other minorities to foot the bill they would go broke. Edited by: Bear Backer

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
There are complaints when a sport is 85% white and only 8% black, but not when a sport is 85% black and only 10% white because the media would have us believe that any instance where there is an absence of black domination is a low-quality sport.

The idea that there "aren't enough blacks" in baseball is supposed to convince us that baseball isn't as good as it should be, because God's chosen athletes aren't dominating it.

foreverfree

Mentor
I forgot that today was Jackie Day until I put on tonight's Nationals/Mets tilt from Shea on MASN (a cable net serving DC and Balt.) and it hit me full face: every player wearing 42. After ten seconds I turned it off.
smiley5.gif

John

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Well, when people start paying the same attention to the racism perpetuated on whites in so many other sports that we are concerned with, like football, I`ll give a rat`s a*s about the percentage of black Americans in MLB being just a little lower than the proportion of the U.S. population they represent.

Oh, the shame of it! Jackie Robinson-the player whose number was retired "in perpetuity" by Bud Selig-and then unretired one game a year for the annual Jackie lovefest for MLB`s bottom line, must be turning over in his grave at the news here.

There are too many blacks in the NFL and the NBA! Go learn to play baseball. A quota should be enforced to guarantee whites equal opportunity in pro basketball and football.

As I posted a few years ago, this is an old hobby horse of the sporting press. Around 1975, there was a cover article in Sport Magazine titled, "The Black Minor Leaguer Is becoming An Endangered Species.' The theme was that the majors were starting to get most of their players from college baseball. This was supposed to disadvantage black prospects.

white is right

Hall of Famer
GiovaniMarcon said:
There are complaints when a sport is 85% white and only 8% black, but not when a sport is 85% black and only 10% white because the media would have us believe that any instance where there is an absence of black domination is a low-quality sport.

The idea that there "aren't enough blacks" in baseball is supposed to convince us that baseball isn't as good as it should be, because God's chosen athletes aren't dominating it.
Also many brainwashed fans think this. Also Black khufi wearers state this. I can't tell you how many obviously black callers have called into the WFAN and stated as much openly.

Bear Backer

Mentor
white is right said:
GiovaniMarcon said:

Also many brainwashed fans think this. Also Black khufi wearers state this. I can't tell you how many obviously black callers have called into the WFAN and stated as much openly.

Yeah I know what you mean. Last year when the Bears Safety Mike Brown got injured for the one millionth time and was crying like an effeminate metro sexual on tv in his interview, a guy I know got choked up and was crying along with him. Sobbing: " He's such a great athlete,*sniff sniff* this isn't fair, Mike Brown deserves better. He's got such a big heart *Sniff Sniff*."
smiley11.gif
Yet when Adam Archuletta hurt his arm and was in a cast and STILL on the field trying contribute it was "GET THAT F'IN BUM OUT OF THERE. THIS GUY'S A JOKE."

Tom Iron

Mentor
I was listening to WFAN (660AM) here in N.J. this morning and a guy called the overnight talk show host, Adam "The Bull" (The Bull is a euphamism for fat slob)
Gerstenhaber and started questioning him about his opening remarks about there not being enough African Americans in the majors. The caller was right on and everything The Bull said he rebutted easily. Finally The Bull hung up on him. Whoever the caller was really mopped the floor with The Bull. It was good to listen to early in the morning.

Tom Iron...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
B. J. Upton of MLB's model Caste franchise is quite the head case. Pandering to minorities instead of making them compete on the same level behaviorally as whites only leads to a decline in fundamentals and the level of play. Note all the excuse making for the inexcusable in this article:

B.J. Upton slipped away from Tropicana Field without speaking to reporters, leaving others to answer questions about another baserunning gaffe that overshadowed a big Tampa Bay victory.

The first-place Rays beat the Los Angeles Angels 6-4 Monday night, but the postgame buzz was more about Upton getting caught jogging on the bases again instead of the AL East leaders improving to 5-2 against the team with the top record in the majors.

"I'll tell you one thing about tonight, he's hurting," said designated hitter Cliff Floyd, who hit a two-run homer to help right-hander Andy Sonnanstine get his team-leading 13th win. "He's hurting bad."

The speedy center fielder, who has been benched three times in the last two weeks for not hustling, was thrown out at second base on what should have been a routine double in the fourth inning.

But unlike last Friday at Texas, Upton wasn't removed from the game by manager Joe Maddon.

"That's a mental mistake he made right there. It's not a lack of effort," Maddon said, explaining why he didn't take action.

"It's one of those situations where he assumed. We've talked about assumptions. That's an assumption on his part. That's part of his game we've got to get rid of."

Floyd, whose locker is three cubicles away from Upton's in the clubhouse, said that will be done.

"I think everybody in here will do everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen again. It's not in Joe's hands any more. It's in nobody's hands but ours," the 14-year veteran said.

"It bothers me. You get choked up a little bit because it's like, 'Man, we've got something real special here.' We don't need to be talking about this stuff."Full article: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=280818130 Edited by: Don Wassall