The Flat Circular Disc Non Rotating Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
091155fd5897e385.png

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
This is swell and all, but are you serious that you need to do quantum calculations to simply measure distances? My Rand McNally map of the US has a little scale that converts inches to miles. Super easy. Also according to what you calculate, it's over 14,000 miles from Johannesburg to Sydney yet I can fly that in less than 12 hours. Return trip in 14. It doesn't make sense.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Also flights from New York to Europe would be considerably shorter if we were in a flat earth model.

Just doesn’t comport w reality to me

I’ve been at a spot in Jamaica (and not particularly high) we’re you had a nice panoramic view and could visibly see the curvature of the earth.

I’m willing to challenge a lot of the scientific orthodoxy regarding evolution and other topics but I don’t find the flat earth arguments convincing.

I don’t mind that people have these views and frankly I could be wrong, I’m just unconvinced.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
So, there is no remotely legitimate map for the Flat Earth? How long have we had to make one? Wasn't flat earth taught exclusively before NASA came along in the 1960's and nobody bothered to make a map?

I'm also interested in how the day and night seasons work. I can't figure out how the sun can light all of Antarctica when it's out keeping Australia toasty in their summertime. Just like the arctic during summer up here (like right now), Antarctica also experiences 24 hour sunlight during their summer.

Flint

Mentor
You’ve posted this drawing before. As I responded last time the math only works for the North Pole because it is at 90 degrees. Any other position does not match the observed angle. Flat earther’s acknowledge this and say the issue is “refraction”.

I also posted somones challenge to Flat Earthers for $10,000 to see if they could actually predict GP (ground position) using different, non North Star references. For those curious on the details here is a short youtube video.

Flint

Mentor
POST DELETED BECAUSE OF PLAGIARISM CONCERNS

Again, if you're going to copy and paste someone else's work, you need to give credit to the author, by providing a link or some other method. DW

Last edited by a moderator:

Flint

Mentor
Yeah about that. You have claimed there is an ocean in the sky, above the dome or something. Do the sun and moon and stars shine through that ocean or are they behind or in front of it? Or are they floating in it?

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
383b819cf2429507.jpg

The Moon is Plasma. It is not something you could ever land on. Christ is King!
This is disappointing. I was hoping that it was made of cheese! ;-). I was primarily interested in how the mechanics of the flat earth work, and am fascinated and open to hearing what you have to say about it. But as a devoted follower of Christ, I find it difficult to find any passages in the Bible that definitively call out a flat earth. I noted online in numerous places various iterations of "200 bible verses supporting a flat earth". None of the verses that I can see while doing deep original language exegesis supports it. The vast majority of these were assembled in the late 19th century by Darwinists who where attempting to discredit the Church and the bible, so it's surprising to see the Flat Earth followers of Christ embracing this. Also the Church never supported flat earth theory even through the "dark" middle ages unless you were a devotee of Lactantius (around 300AD) or Cosmas Indicopleustes (6th century). Everyone else taught that the Earth was a sphere.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is disappointing. I was hoping that it was made of cheese! ;-). I was primarily interested in how the mechanics of the flat earth work, and am fascinated and open to hearing what you have to say about it. But as a devoted follower of Christ, I find it difficult to find any passages in the Bible that definitively call out a flat earth. I noted online in numerous places various iterations of "200 bible verses supporting a flat earth". None of the verses that I can see while doing deep original language exegesis supports it. The vast majority of these were assembled in the late 19th century by Darwinists who where attempting to discredit the Church and the bible, so it's surprising to see the Flat Earth followers of Christ embracing this. Also the Church never supported flat earth theory even through the "dark" middle ages unless you were a devotee of Lactantius (around 300AD) or Cosmas Indicopleustes (6th century). Everyone else taught that the Earth was a sphere.

I've posted them countess times.

Here are a few but there are many more. Trust me I study it 7 days a week. God will not be Mocked!

Flint

Mentor
You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free!

5fbc7ee36a21426b.png
I take some exception to this picture impugning Buzz Aldrin. He was a very religious man.

Wikipedia: Aldrin set foot on the Moon at 03:15:16 on July 21, 1969 (UTC), nineteen minutes after Armstrong first touched the surface, while command module pilot Michael Collinsremained in lunar orbit. A Presbyterianelder, Aldrin became the first person to hold a religious ceremony on the Moon when he privately took communion.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I take some exception to this picture impugning Buzz Aldrin. He was a very religious man.

Wikipedia: Aldrin set foot on the Moon at 03:15:16 on July 21, 1969 (UTC), nineteen minutes after Armstrong first touched the surface, while command module pilot Michael Collinsremained in lunar orbit. A Presbyterianelder, Aldrin became the first person to hold a religious ceremony on the Moon when he privately took communion.

As it says in the Bible we are not to join any secret societies or take any secret oathes. Those that do are going against God. You cannot
serve two masters. I try to warn humanity as judgement day is coming and we must choose which side we serve! As for me and my house
we shall serve the Lord.

Flint

Mentor
WL I know you and others are moon landing skeptics but you are continually insulting those good men that were astronauts. Those early Astronauts were to a man, religiously faithful men, they prayed daily and went to church every week.

I will also say this, their faith is why they were successfully able to go to the moon against great odds. It was the hand of God that guided and protected them as representatives of the most righteous nation in history (now long gone).

We have not gone back because God no longer watches over this nation.

Flint

Mentor
As it says in the Bible we are not to join any secret societies or take any secret oathes. Those that do are going against God. You cannot
serve two masters. I try to warn humanity as judgement day is coming and we must choose which side we serve! As for me and my house
we shall serve the Lord.
Where does it say in the Bible you can’t form fraternities? That’s all modern masons are, they’re not the spooky olden time Freemasons that you conspiracy guys prattle on about. Just another club like the Elks or Kiwanis. And I say this as a Knight of Columbus, who are traditionally at odds with Masons.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Ephesians 5:12​

“For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.”

King James Version (KJV)

Ephesians 5:12 Context​

9(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) 10Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. 13But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. 14Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 15See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

Matthew 5:34-37 ESV / 22 helpful votes​

But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's never too late guys while we are alive.. No matter what anyone has done in their life there is still time to repent. I say this out of love. I have done many things wrong myself for decades. I post to try to help bring healing. God has grace and mercy that is amazing. The greatest
gifts in life are free. The 3 F's. Faith, Family and Friends. I just try to teach a little of what I know. Only God & Jesus can judge. I
hope that if I'm helped even 1 person with these topics it's worth it. Your soul is priceless.

Last edited:

Flint

Mentor
Buzz Aldrin is still alive, just turned 93. What a life! Graduated 3rd in his class from West Point, got a Doctorate in Aeronautics from MIT, flew fighter jets in the Korean War, shot down 2 MiG’s, Walked in space as part of the Gemini program, and was the 2nd man to walk on the moon!

Hard to believe this genuine American hero is an evil tool of Satan.

Flint

Mentor

From Wikipedia:
Greenland
The early Norse settlers named the island Greenland. In the Icelandic sagas, the Norwegian-born Icelander Erik the Red was exiled from Iceland for manslaughter. With his extended family and his thralls (slaves or serfs), he set out in ships to explore an icy land known to lie to the northwest. After finding a habitable area and settling there, he named it Grœnland (translated as "Greenland"), supposedly in the hope that the pleasant name would attract settlers.[24][25][26] The Saga of Erik the Red states: "In the summer, Erik left to settle in the country he had found, which he called Greenland, as he said people would be attracted there if it had a favorable name."[27]

Iceland
Then came a Viking named Flóki Vilgerðarson; his daughter drowned en route, then his livestock starved to death. The sagas say that the rather despondent Flóki climbed a mountain and saw a fjord (Arnarfjörður) full of icebergs, which led him to give the island its new and present name.[22] The notion that Iceland's Viking settlers chose that name to discourage the settlement of their verdant isle is a myth.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Also flights from New York to Europe would be considerably shorter if we were in a flat earth model.

Just doesn’t comport w reality to me

I’ve been at a spot in Jamaica (and not particularly high) we’re you had a nice panoramic view and could visibly see the curvature of the earth.

I’m willing to challenge a lot of the scientific orthodoxy regarding evolution and other topics but I don’t find the flat earth arguments convincing.

I don’t mind that people have these views and frankly I could be wrong, I’m just unconvince
Yep, I say people can believe what they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.