Texas A&M Aggies

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the starting white A&M Aggies for 2005.

Offense
TE(Y)-Boone Stutz
TE(W)-Joey Thomas
QG-Kirk Elder
ST-Corey Clark
C-Cody Wallace
SG-Aldo De La Garza

Defense
DE-Chris Harrington
FS-Jaxson Appel

TB Brandon Leone and QB Ty Branyon will see significant playing time this year, as should WR(X) Peter Martin II, WR(Z) Chad Schroeder, ST Travis Schneider, and FS Jordan Chambless.

Bronk

Mentor
Saw some footage of Leone at TB in the Ag spring game ... looked pretty good.

SteveB

Mentor
Look for Chad Schroeder to come in and get some PT. I did a post for him in the College Football Stars section. Last year he only had 4 receptions, but averaged 33.75 yds per catch and had 2 TDs. He is the fastest guy on the team with legit 4.3 speed. I think that the coaches want to get him more time on the field.

I hope Leone gets some PT as he has good size (6' 220 lbs) and good speed (10.6 100m in high school). It's going to be tough with Courtney Lewis in there as the returning starter.

Jordan Chambliss is going to be the FS of the future when Jaxson Appel leaves. Probably a better athlete than Jaxson, who is an All-American.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Steve, it does look like they are grooming Chambliss for that job. I do hope that Schroeder does play a lot, because he is the only white guy they have with a reasonable chance of starting at some point.

SteveB

Mentor
First game against Clemson and Aggies lost by one point with a last second field goal by Clemson to win it. Some bright spots were Chad Schroeder got the start and finished with one reception for 31 yds and a touchdown. The kid needs to get the ball more. About half of his pass receptions in his career are for touchdowns. Jaxson Appel had a solid game at FS with 6 tackles and Jordan Chambliss was returning punts but the Clemson punter was so bad (25 yd avg) that Jordan couldn't field any of the punts. Also, true freshman Jordan Peterson was not redshirted and made the travel squad. Look for him to get some PT at CB this season. He will be the first white CB at A&M in about 30 years. Overall, definite some bright spots for white A&M stars this year, but the loss hurts.

SteveB

Mentor
Aggies had a big game this weekend winning 62-23 over Ok. State. They bounced back well after getting demolished last week by Colorado. Brandon Leone started at TB, but didn't have a great game going 13 car. for 24 yds, but caught 3 passes for 51 yds and a TD. He has been injured all season and saw his first action of his college career. Chad Schroeder had a decent game at 3 catches for 57 yds. Jaxson Appel had an interception at FS. Jordan Chambliss returned 2 punts for 21 yds and rotated in on defense at FS. Hats off to Coach Fran for starting a white TB and getting all of these great white skill players lots of PT.

SteveB

Mentor
There wasn't much for the Aggies to cheer about the second half of the season with Chad Schoeder, Jordan Chambliss, and Jaxson Appel out with injuries. The Texas game highlighted some great white Aggie players with freshman quarterback Stephen McGee stepping in for the injured Reggie McNeal and running the option to perfection. He was mostly known as a pocket passer in high school, but he showed his toughness and athleticism by running for 108 yds on 24 rushes and 2 TDs, outshining Heisman hopeful Vince Young from Texas. Brandon Leone stepped in for the injured Courtney Lewis and had a good game taking the pitches from McGee and running for 31 yds on 6 carries and 1 nice TD run which showed his speed and elusiveness. Jaxson Appel came back from injury to have a solid game including breaking up a couple of passes, one which was intercepted by his teammate.

Tough year going 5-6, but next year will be interesting with McGee at QB, Schoeder at WR, Chambliss at FS, Leone getting some time at RB, and redshirt freshman Jordan Peterson getting some PT at CB.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I will definitely keep an eye on the Aggies next year, as I'm sure many more racially aware college football fans will.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If Schroeder and Leone get the opportunity to start, and both do well, that would be very significant. Many of the big I-A programs have been flooded with blacks from Florida and Texas high schools, with many going on to the NFL. A&M fielding a team with whites starting at tailback and WR (and safety) would be the next best thing to Texas and one of the big three Florida schools doing it.

whiteCB

Master
Jaxson Appel will unfortunatly be gone but man did he have one fine career. Though knowing the draft "experts" they'll probably give him no shot of getting drafted very high and describe him as a tough smart player instead of a athletic ball hawk which he actually is. Also that McGee looked very impressive yesterday and will be a fine player but who are these white WRs on A&M we're talking about. Are they Todd Blythe's or Mike Hass'.

SteveB

Mentor
If Schroeder stays healthy, look for him to have a big year next season. He is the only returning starter at WR. Also, don't count out Peterson to potentially start at CB. The coaches were very high on him back in summer camp. Aggies have the potential to have white starters at WR, QB, RB, FS, and CB. That would be a definite change from the past for Aggie football.

SteveB

Mentor
I attended the Maroon and White Spring game today. One thing about a spring game is you get to see alot of the walk-ons and backups play (which are alot of white kids). The White team (fitting name) won and had 4 white skill players starting on offense and 2 white players in the defensive backfield. Stephen McGee at QB, Brandon Leone at RB, Chad Schroeder at WR, Cody Beyer at WR, Jordan Peterson at CB, and Matthew LaFon at Safety. All had a great game and I can see most of these kids starting when the season rolls around.

The stats aren't going to look great since most of these guys only played in the first half, but Leone had 6 rushes for 40 yds, McGee was 4 for 4 passing and 3 rushes for 32 yds, Schroeder caught one pass for 39 yds and had 1 rush for 17 yds, Beyer had 2 rec for 18 yds, LaFon lead both teams with 6 tackles, and Peterson had 3 tackles. Also, Schroeder returned 1 punt for 17 yds. Look out for the Aggies because they could be the most Caste friendly Division 1 college team in the South.Edited by: SteveB

G

I remember watching the game against Texas and McGee really impressed me. For a freshman he held his own and showed alot of leadership,toughness and athleticism and is a better QB than the vastly overrated Reggie McNeal. I think its funny when people talk about McNeal on other draft sites...if he was so good why was he so mediocre? Anyways good stuff on the Aggies, I know one team Ill be using in NCAA 2007
smiley36.gif